E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

In case you are considering an emulator
Hey Patryk! Good to see you....Will the emus work for Internet-in-Motion or have you cracked the code on this as yet? Either way, I want in. Let me know.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i

Phew finally read through ALL 51 pages of this thread and am quite impressed with all the knowledge and expertise here. Unfortunately do not have the capital to invest in the entire cic retrofit just yet. That said I think I willl just focus on retrofitting the cic controller for now and look forward to working with patryk on remote coding this. I can't imagine all the emails patryk receives on a daily basis! I already bought the cic controller from umichchris (thanks!) and plan on cutting the center trim here pretty soon. I know I can get the flat bezel from patryk but I am determined to find the raised/thick bezel (looks more appealing to me). my search continues. Lastly I was discussing this retrofit with the BMW service advisors (just passing time and chatting while waiting for my car to be serviced) at my dealer by Sacramento and they kept arrogantly insisting that this couldnt be done and that it was a fools dream. I smirked and pulled up this thread on their web browser and was quite amused as all of their jaws dropped to the floor in amazement.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Hey Patryk! Good to see you....Will the emus work for Internet-in-Motion or have you cracked the code on this as yet? Either way, I want in. Let me know.
Hi Nigel

Yeah, the module will enable the Internet in motion
Old 09-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Senior Members

Has anyone cut the trim on their LCI model? I noticed a big trend of Pre LCIs but not much traffic on LCIs.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by epilithic
Has anyone cut the trim on their LCI model? I noticed a big trend of Pre LCIs but not much traffic on LCIs.
Because on an LCI you can actually buy a pre-moulded trim from BMW. BMW did make LCI cars with the CIC idrive controller and later the CIC. Having said that there should be no reason why you cannot cut the LCI trims as well.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Because on an LCI you can actually buy a pre-moulded trim from BMW. BMW did make LCI cars with the CIC idrive controller and later the CIC. Having said that there should be no reason why you cannot cut the LCI trims as well.

After lining up the CiC controller on my existing trim it appears as though it wont fit if i cut it. Looks like i am stuck paying $230 for a new trim.
Attached Thumbnails CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-photo_7.jpg   CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-252.jpg  
Old 09-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by epilithic
After lining up the CiC controller on my existing trim it appears as though it wont fit if i cut it. Looks like i am stuck paying $230 for a new trim.

Mine is an '08 and I cut my trim to fit. In the pic below I used no extra trim ring. I cut it again later and used one of the trim rings. I liked it better the first time
Old 09-08-2011, 05:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Hi Nigel
Yeah, the module will enable the Internet in motion
Great news patryk,
I'll be in contact with you via email in the next little while.

Cheers,
Old 09-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

As you guys know i was having woes getting my audio to work....i tried and tried and tried and failed to code it properly for Logic7.

BUT...

Patryk came to the rescue last week and fixed it for me! a big shout out to Patryk, it was money well spent!

so now you guys can officially add me to the CIC Retrofit club.

now that im here, a few questions...
  • What are the pros & cons on the FSC emulators? I need to get my navigation working and want to understand my options. ive looked on the web and have read about solutions ranging from $100 to $700....yikes! hard to tell whats fact and whats fiction
  • How do i get an ipod connection to work? is it a coding thing or do i need to by some sort of module? on the rear of the CIC i dont see a spot for another plug in....do i buy the retrofit adapter that allow me to replace the factory CD Changer? im lost, if this were a CCC unit i could easily find the answer
  • DVD in motion, is this as simple as the coding option i see when i read my FSW file? i see both parameters are set to "not active"
  • what cool features exist with the CIC that perhaps im not using or are aware of? right now im just happy for the hi-def screen and the CIC controller w/ the shortcuts...beyond that, im not noticing many features that my old MASK system did not offer

Thanks guys! and thanks again patryk!
CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-photo-10-.jpg
Old 09-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by umichchris
As you guys know i was having woes getting my audio to work....i tried and tried and tried and failed to code it properly for Logic7.

BUT...

Patryk came to the rescue last week and fixed it for me! a big shout out to Patryk, it was money well spent!

so now you guys can officially add me to the CIC Retrofit club.

now that im here, a few questions...
  • What are the pros & cons on the FSC emulators? I need to get my navigation working and want to understand my options. ive looked on the web and have read about solutions ranging from $100 to $700....yikes! hard to tell whats fact and whats fiction
  • How do i get an ipod connection to work? is it a coding thing or do i need to by some sort of module? on the rear of the CIC i dont see a spot for another plug in....do i buy the retrofit adapter that allow me to replace the factory CD Changer? im lost, if this were a CCC unit i could easily find the answer
  • DVD in motion, is this as simple as the coding option i see when i read my FSW file? i see both parameters are set to "not active"
  • what cool features exist with the CIC that perhaps im not using or are aware of? right now im just happy for the hi-def screen and the CIC controller w/ the shortcuts...beyond that, im not noticing many features that my old MASK system did not offer

Thanks guys! and thanks again patryk!
Attachment 126039
Thanks!

I am glad I could help.

As for the Navigation and Voice Control, if you do not want the OEM solution, which I recommend, but understand it's expensive, you can choose our PnP activation module.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG