E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The CIC is actually incomplete without the Combox so I'd say you should go for that. The combox will give you various things, e.g. ipod, usb, ad2p, bluetooth, internet, etc. Now that you have used Patryk continue with him for the Combox retrofit and other coding like DVD in motion as well.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Members

Am I right to think that nuance one shot destination entry and better voice control comes only with the combox retrofit? I can't understand the logic as voice input has nothing to do with the combox, it should be all in the software within CIC.

I have v41 in CIC and its voice control is even worse then CCC I had earlier, earlier I could say "CALL <name from phonebook>" and it will dial (or attempt to dial) now I have to say "phonebook" then name and then after many failed attempts I have to say "call" to dial, its actually multi step process. Same applies for navigation. Its painful.

Please enlighten me if there is any relation of voice input with the combox.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by AI001
Am I right to think that nuance one shot destination entry and better voice control comes only with the combox retrofit? I can't understand the logic as voice input has nothing to do with the combox, it should be all in the software within CIC.

I have v41 in CIC and its voice control is even worse then CCC I had earlier, earlier I could say "CALL <name from phonebook>" and it will dial (or attempt to dial) now I have to say "phonebook" then name and then after many failed attempts I have to say "call" to dial, its actually multi step process. Same applies for navigation. Its painful.

Please enlighten me if there is any relation of voice input with the combox.
The Call from Phonebook feature was removed with the CIC. It was replaced with a feature where you record Voice Tag for contacts. His improves the success rate because its matching your voice with your own. Down side is that you almost have another phone book stored in the car.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
The Call from Phonebook feature was removed with the CIC. It was replaced with a feature where you record Voice Tag for contacts. His improves the success rate because its matching your voice with your own. Down side is that you almost have another phone book stored in the car.
I don't see option of recoding my own tags. This will be dated technologies. I can still call from the voice input but its not as straight forward as it was before. Also how do I know if I have one-shot destination entry feature or not? What do I say to find if one-shot works?

Note: I don't have combox yet.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:28 PM
awt
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2001 320Ci Coupè

Hello Patrys. I've tried to contact you on two different e-mail addresses I found in this thread, but I havn't got ant answers, so now I'm trying here.

Is there some way I can contact you? I would like to do this upgrade.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:13 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by awt
Hello Patrys. I've tried to contact you on two different e-mail addresses I found in this thread, but I havn't got ant answers, so now I'm trying here.

Is there some way I can contact you? I would like to do this upgrade.
Sorry if I missed your email.
Can you resend it today and I promise I will get back to you ASAP.

Patryk
Old 09-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Contributors

Hi everyone,

How many of you would be interested in a backup camera kit integrated with the CIC?
PnP solution, consiting of aftermarket parts to keep the price at a reasonable level.

We have just confirmed this can be done also for the E60/E61/E63/E64 vehicles and trying to figure out how many of you might consider this as your next upgrade.
At the same time we are preparing the backup camera kit for the 3-series and X5/X6 vehicles.

Patryk
Old 09-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Contributors

Costs? With and without the camera because some of already have pretty good cameras.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:43 AM
awt
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2001 320Ci Coupè

Will this be an "replace license plate light" kind of camera, or a camera that mounts like the oem one?
Old 09-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Members

I just registered to this lovely forum and i will have to read all the 52 pages to understand how to retrofit CIC in my 04 530I ..

very interesting , I have seen one car at the dealer with the new navigation Idrive ,,it's amazing and very good comparing to the old idrive i have in my car .

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG