E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:20 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

There is a base and a bezel, base clicks on to the controller and attaches to the base, I am not sure where the base will attach to? is bezel with a lip a replacement of my bezel without the lip. I am planning to cut my center console and trim, do you guys think even professional help can get me a good OEM looking finish without a lip bezel? I don't want to buy another part if not required, if required then I won't waste time and will just buy it to save sometime.
Good morning AI001,
The pic you posted is one taken from my install. Both the current base and the bezel in your pictures were not used in my application as I used instead the bezel with the small lip so as to hide any imperfections in the cutout. For reference, the base does not align nor attach with any part of our E60 pre-LCI center console.

I think it would be incredibly difficult to get a cutout perfect enough to retain the OEM finish and look whiles using the original bezel without the lip. This would probably have to be done on CNC, laser or waterjet cutter. If you have access to any of those three then you're home free.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:16 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Good morning AI001,
The pic you posted is one taken from my install. Both the current base and the bezel in your pictures were not used in my application as I used instead the bezel with the small lip so as to hide any imperfections in the cutout. For reference, the base does not align nor attach with any part of our E60 pre-LCI center console.

I think it would be incredibly difficult to get a cutout perfect enough to retain the OEM finish and look whiles using the original bezel without the lip. This would probably have to be done on CNC, laser or waterjet cutter. If you have access to any of those three then you're home free.
Georgieb, yes I took picture from your post. You reckon that it won't be possible to using dremel tool to achieve finish anywhere near as shown on the picture, I don't have access to this these high-end facility, so I will perhaps buy that bezel with the lip and a dremel tool

Wish me good luck, thanks for your input mate.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Georgieb, yes I took picture from your post. You reckon that it won't be possible to using dremel tool to achieve finish anywhere near as shown on the picture, I don't have access to this these high-end facility, so I will perhaps buy that bezel with the lip and a dremel tool

Wish me good luck, thanks for your input mate.
AI001,
I guess you could say that theoretically it is possible to do by hand, but the difficulty increases dramatically. The path of least resistance would be to use the bezel with the lip.

Good luck!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

after almost 3 months of receiving my CIC from Patryk ,, yesterday I have managed to complete the installation ..

Since I wanted to keep my original center console trim , I bought used one but it was wood trim , so I cut it , put the frame and wrap it with Silver 3D carbon fiber vinyl ..

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-dsc_1377.jpg

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-dsc_2089.jpg

Final look
CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-dsc_2091.jpg

and here are both Mrs's tanning loool

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-dsc_2098.jpg
Old 06-21-2011, 04:57 AM
Contributors

after almost 3 months of receiving my CIC from Patryk ,, yesterday I have managed to complete the installation ..
Looks awesome Ehssan!
When I first installed the new iDrive controller last year I couldn't stop staring at it whiles I was driving around at night. Its definitely a great upgrade.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Looks awesome Ehssan!
When I first installed the new iDrive controller last year I couldn't stop staring at it whiles I was driving around at night. Its definitely a great upgrade.
thanks dude , looks like this is what will happen with me too , its much sexier at night
Old 06-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

hey, i am doing a CCC retrofit to replace my MASK system and going with the CiC iDrive HIGH controller as a retrofit.

where in this thread or another can i find a DIY on installing/coding the new CiC iDrive controller to a CCC system? are the wires different? is it plug & play with the CCC nav system?

i tried to perform a search but i got 114 results....maybe you guys know where i can find this info easier? thanks!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

this is exactly what im doing for my center console. i have a custom light silver carbon fiber wrap (just like yours) already completed on my center console so Ill want to go with the bracket with the lip to cover my drimmel tool cutting mishaps.

what i really need to know is the part number for that bracket with the lip? ill need to order it from my local dealership...

thanks for the help!

Originally Posted by Ehssan

Since I wanted to keep my original center console trim , I bought used one but it was wood trim , so I cut it , put the frame and wrap it with Silver 3D carbon fiber vinyl ..

Attachment 122564

Attachment 122562

Final look
Attachment 122563

and here are both Mrs's tanning loool

Attachment 122565
Old 06-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Contributors

umichchris,
All the information you need can be found right in this thread. Check out this thread starting at post #362

https://5series.net/forums/topic/994.../page__st__360
Old 06-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Today I attempted to install cic in my car. Its pretty much plug n play. As usual, stupid me, I botched up a power connector pin while transferring from existing ccc Cid to cic Cid. Now I need new Cid connector and few pins. Here bloody dealers don't stock any part, everything they have to order which just adds to the delay. Can someone please tell me correct part numbers of the pins inside the Cid power connector housing. There seems to be a few version of them based upon thickness.

While my display was up for a short while I realized the my single fot Dension gw500 wasn't showing track names, just numbers. I remember few others here having similar problem. Any fix?

Another one my car has acc and lane departure warning I tried acc and was working but lane departure upon car startup was throwing warning. I could not read exact warning due to display problem but instrument cluster was showing lane departure sign with exclamation mark in yellow colour upon car startup for a few seconds and lane departure wasn't getting activated. This cic came from a car with lane departure warning but 2009 model and it had hud too. I will disable hud later to see if that makes any difference. need to sortout display problem first.

Btw. Surprinsgly voice control was working even without can filter, navigation wasn't. I thought voice and navigation both shouldn't work without can filter.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG