E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 02:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AI001
btw. is DAB radio standard on UK CIC, I did code that but didn't see any new option in the radio!
DAB has always been an option.
You would need to have the CIC with DAB integrated, but they are very rare.
If you do not have the green connector at the back of the CIC then you do not have DAB.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:00 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrys
If you do not have the green connector at the back of the CIC then you do not have DAB.
Thanks Patrys, No green connector in the back, so no DAB then. Thanks for clarification.
Slightly off topic but relevant: To see the CIC in the ncs I changed replacing existing prod date FA to #0909 which was accepted. however despite me having v41 daten file #0910 wasn't allowed! This is required for combox retrofit, which I am not interested in so doesn't bother me. But out of curiosity I want to know if this means I don't have proper daten file or my daten v41 hasn't been installed properly as this update could be only for ISTA/p.

I believe my car was last updated by BMW last year to v38, this is what I believe, I am not sure because I wasn't told anything about it. My belief is based on a fact that all the modules in INPA appears to be written by the same time last year when car was in a warranty repair for one of strange ACC issue. Dealers were clueless and there were not enough cars with them with ACC with Stop'n'go feature to compare it, so out of desperation of trying everything they could have updated the software. When I got my Progman V32 working it wasn't even reading my car due to software on my car being newer the v32's daten, since then I have updated Progman daten to v41 and Progman can see my car now but still it says (even WinKFP the same) no software to be updated here except IHKA. This doesn't seem right as I am sure there will be many updates between v38 and v41. E60.iso v41 daten was more then 6GB!

Now having seen this FA #0910 being rejected I seriously doubt if my daten update to v41 has really gone well or not. Next step will be to downgrade that to v38 and upgrade to v41 from there to see if that makes a difference.

Sorry for being long again :-) Hope you can share a bit from your experience here.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AI001
Thanks Patrys, No green connector in the back, so no DAB then. Thanks for clarification.
Slightly off topic but relevant: To see the CIC in the ncs I changed replacing existing prod date FA to #0909 which was accepted. however despite me having v41 daten file #0910 wasn't allowed! This is required for combox retrofit, which I am not interested in so doesn't bother me. But out of curiosity I want to know if this means I don't have proper daten file or my daten v41 hasn't been installed properly as this update could be only for ISTA/p.

I believe my car was last updated by BMW last year to v38, this is what I believe, I am not sure because I wasn't told anything about it. My belief is based on a fact that all the modules in INPA appears to be written by the same time last year when car was in a warranty repair for one of strange ACC issue. Dealers were clueless and there were not enough cars with them with ACC with Stop'n'go feature to compare it, so out of desperation of trying everything they could have updated the software. When I got my Progman V32 working it wasn't even reading my car due to software on my car being newer the v32's daten, since then I have updated Progman daten to v41 and Progman can see my car now but still it says (even WinKFP the same) no software to be updated here except IHKA. This doesn't seem right as I am sure there will be many updates between v38 and v41. E60.iso v41 daten was more then 6GB!

Now having seen this FA #0910 being rejected I seriously doubt if my daten update to v41 has really gone well or not. Next step will be to downgrade that to v38 and upgrade to v41 from there to see if that makes a difference.

Sorry for being long again :-) Hope you can share a bit from your experience here.
I think there are number of threads on this forum which might answer your questions.
Just search a bit more... So much has been already said here
Old 06-24-2011, 04:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Patrys
Oh and don't bother about trying to add the external DAB tuner as well. That doesn't work on a CIC. Been there, done that.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Oh and don't bother about trying to add the external DAB tuner as well. That doesn't work on a CIC. Been there, done that.
No, I won't do that. Not fan of radio anyway. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:40 AM
Members

My TPMS initialization doesn't seem to work here. Not sure if it was working under CCC, but I believe it should be as there were no errors in that section. Now in CIC it says "Monitoring failed" It may be unrelated to CIC upgrade unless some other coding is required here, which I have missed.

I tried enabling M options in the CIC coding and then a new menu appeared which has three options DRIVELOGIC, POWER and one another I can't remember. Under drivelogic I sometimes get two options, actually three, UNCHANGED, S2 and S15. What exactly are they, I have 535d.

I have seen torque screen on various forums, are they only for M or X series? Not for UK rear wheel only version? Its just cosmetic but will be nice to have, or is it time to buy F10 M5 now? LOL. New F10 M5 is seriously cool.

Update: Just found MOMENTDISTRIBUTION_MENU nicht_aktiv, sounds something I might want to try first. Will report soon.
Update: MOMENTDISTRIBUTION_MENU didn't make any difference. :thumbsdown:
The following users liked this post:
DAVIKEN (01-18-2021)
Old 06-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Members

Let me answer my own queries for the partial success I have had.

I have resolved TPMS problem by resetting the FA to #0307 my original FA. This has fixed TPMS error. Other problems still persist. Sooner or later I will get to all of them one by one.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Let me answer my own queries for the partial success I have had.
I have resolved TPMS problem by resetting the FA to #0307 my original FA. This has fixed TPMS error. Other problems still persist. Sooner or later I will get to all of them one by one.
Good discovery AI001,
We are watching your progress. What other problems are you still encountering?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Members

Actually most of the basic stuff which is definitely required are all working. Internet in CCC was working before after I enabled it, I had Assist MyInfo before and it was going well but since CIC upgrade MyInfo aka Messages isn't getting new msgs neither Online is working.

I didn't have Online subscription but CCC used to work, looks like CIC is getting restricted here. Atleast MyInfo/Messages should work. Today I found a new setting menu where I had to enter my Assist login id/password, it didn't work either. I will continue trying this.

I must say that my CIC retrofit is almost complete. I haven't installed CAN filter yet (still in post) and Navigation works most of the time :-)

This weekend hopefully I should get controller fitted too. Last piece of kit, fingers crossed.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:48 AM
Members

Have been following this thread for a while.
I want to sell my current non-LCI E60 and buy a LCI model.
Currently i have nog navigation.

By adding navigation pro in the car I hope to sell it quicker.
I am looking for a idrive-high controller which i need for a non-LCI CCC navigation professional.

Anyone who had upgraded from the idrive(high) controller to the new style controller and is willing to sell please PM me.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG