E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rase
Have been following this thread for a while.
I want to sell my current non-LCI E60 and buy a LCI model.
Currently i have nog navigation.

By adding navigation pro in the car I hope to sell it quicker.
I am looking for a idrive-high controller which i need for a non-LCI CCC navigation professional.

Anyone who had upgraded from the idrive(high) controller to the new style controller and is willing to sell please PM me.
Are you looking for iDrive controller here or full CCC computer unit with the controller. It will cheaper to convert your car to LCI then buying a new one? You can combine this with CCC Nav, perhaps £500 will make your car dash LCI. Unless you are after a new model.

You post has to be 5 or 10+ to use PM feature etc.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently just looking for the idrive controller (high). Already bought a navigation pro ccc.
My current controller (low) does not work.

I own a 530i and am looking to buy a 545i.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

just a heads-up....if you are looking to go for an LCI model then buying a 545i will still have you with an pre-LCI E60. The LCI (facelift) did not occur until the 2008-2010 model years (at least here in the States that is...).

you would be looking for a 2008+ 550i if you want the V8....its a great car, i currently have a 545i and i love it to pieces (when im not having issues that is lol).

look on ebay, for the HIGH controller...you will find some CCC units and a couple CiC iDrive controllers as well. i am currently upgrading my non-nav to the CCC navigation professional and decided to do the CiC iDrive controller retrofit to pair to the nav unit. its going to look great, i cant wait!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:59 AM
Contributors

I am currently just looking for the idrive controller (high). Already bought a navigation pro ccc.
My current controller (low) does not work.

I own a 530i and am looking to buy a 545i.
You don't need to change the controller if you are thinking of getting the old style (high) version to work with your CCC Professional.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Members

Guys, I have managed to brick my CAS module. I was tyring to update that with WinKFP as suggested by SSS and then an error popped up mid way thats all. I can't use key anymore, no ignition, nothing. I tried reflashing but it just says unit not responding. Before upgrading it said UIF can be written 1 more time!

Is there anyway to resurrect CAS? Now NCS simply doesn't work as car is not turning on or anything.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Members

Sorry, it was false alarm. CAS update did fail because of communication was lost but after a while i attempted update again and CAS accepted the update, it failed again but at 12% this time. Retried later and failed at 80%, finally in the fouth attempt it went all the way to 100% and then cas came back to life.

Such a relief. What a scary experience. i almost fainted. INPA gave me clue that cas was alive and responding.
The following users liked this post:
DAVIKEN (01-18-2021)
Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Patrys
You don't need to change the controller if you are thinking of getting the old style (high) version to work with your CCC Professional.
I do NOT have a High controller. Just and old-style LOW controller that does not work on a CCC from 2005.
I need to buy a HIGH old style controller.

Can anyone confirm that a new-style controller will work on this CCC? Then i can buy it on ebay.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Contributors

I do NOT have a High controller. Just and old-style LOW controller that does not work on a CCC from 2005.
I need to buy a HIGH old style controller.

Can anyone confirm that a new-style controller will work on this CCC? Then i can buy it on ebay.
And I am telling you you do not need to buy it. Your existing controller can work fine with the CCC after recoding.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Members

Georgieb, tomorrow I plan to do the centre console conversion to fit CIC controller. By any chance do you know if I can take console out without taking off the front dash air vent and associated trims trims? Thing is I have installed everything back together while I waited for parts to arrive, now I don't want to take everything off unless it is required. Mine is LCI version which is different then non-LCIs and I think I may not need to remove shifter stick etc. I did remove the centre console trim once but I don't remember it now. My main worry is two screws in the front which is only accessible if I take everything from dash off including CCC/CIC. Worst case I take everything off.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Georgieb, tomorrow I plan to do the centre console conversion to fit CIC controller. By any chance do you know if I can take console out without taking off the front dash air vent and associated trims trims? Thing is I have installed everything back together while I waited for parts to arrive, now I don't want to take everything off unless it is required. Mine is LCI version which is different then non-LCIs and I think I may not need to remove shifter stick etc. I did remove the centre console trim once but I don't remember it now. My main worry is two screws in the front which is only accessible if I take everything from dash off including CCC/CIC. Worst case I take everything off.
AI001,
I'm having trouble remembering this myself. If I remember correctly you won't have to remove the front dash air vents and associated trim. You may however have to remove the panel / ashtray where the heated seat buttons etc are.

Good luck with your conversion. Post some pics once you're done.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG