E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bruce, thanks for your response. You have made double post, please delete one.

Let me find out how can get my hand on a OPS unit first then I will get into combox. I wish I could hire it for a week in the UK :-)

Does someone know how to change VIN number of a module without flashing it? I have heard Tool32 can be used here but lacking know-how. Playing with tool32 can be a bit risky.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AI001
Let me answer my own queries for the partial success I have had.

I have resolved TPMS problem by resetting the FA to #0307 my original FA. This has fixed TPMS error. Other problems still persist. Sooner or later I will get to all of them one by one.
Slight correction to this finding. I had RDC as aktive in the man file which isn't right for my computer as it doesn't use RDC. This was the cause of the problem not the FA as observed before. Setting RDC to nicht_aktiv makes it work.

Also we don't need to change FA to see CIC in the ncs all we need to do it to write $6VA to the FA list and that makes cic available instead of CAPPL. Not sure what all will be required to get combox in. Thats could be next project.

Hope it helps.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Patrys im trying to get in touch with on skype, concerning your CIC kits. you don`t seam to answer
Old 07-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD
Patrys im trying to get in touch with on skype, concerning your CIC kits. you don`t seam to answer
No way

If you decide to do it I might have some discount for you
Old 07-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Patrys
No way

If you decide to do it I might have some discount for you
thanks we spoke about it.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Also we don't need to change FA to see CIC in the ncs all we need to do it to write $6VA to the FA list and that makes cic available instead of CAPPL. Not sure what all will be required to get combox in. Thats could be next project.
Problem is the $6VC is not a recognised FA for the E60.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Members

$6VC is for combox, I haven't looked much in detail in that area but I think you can fool ncs into thinking its E90 by ssd files.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Contributors

Im looking to a CIC but looks like I will loose my DAB and thats a no no so I dont know what to do
Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Members

I have to update my CIC and for that I need OPS diagnostic multiplexer for this one off job, however I can't justify the price given I am not going to use it ever again in foreseeable future. For small config changes I have OBD cable which works flawlessly on my 2007 LCI E60. OBD works but its dog slow and quite prone to errors, it has failed mid-way flashing in most of the modules I have updated. Luckily those modules survived but it was very lucky. From my personal experience I won't recommend anyone to use OBD for flashing so the only option left is MOST based OPS multiplexer.

Given the price and nature of job would many guys be interested in it as a combined purchase to share the cost and the hardware as needed. I assume it will be one off use for everyone like me. Alternatively I can buy it on my own and can rent it across the UK if you think this will work.

Or if someone can rent for working interface for a week or so on a reasonable price.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Contributors

I have to update my CIC and for that I need OPS diagnostic multiplexer for this one off job, however I can't justify the price given I am not going to use it ever again in foreseeable future. For small config changes I have OBD cable which works flawlessly on my 2007 LCI E60. OBD works but its dog slow and quite prone to errors, it has failed mid-way flashing in most of the modules I have updated. Luckily those modules survived but it was very lucky. From my personal experience I won't recommend anyone to use OBD for flashing so the only option left is MOST based OPS multiplexer.

Given the price and nature of job would many guys be interested in it as a combined purchase to share the cost and the hardware as needed. I assume it will be one off use for everyone like me. Alternatively I can buy it on my own and can rent it across the UK if you think this will work.

Or if someone can rent for working interface for a week or so on a reasonable price.
Lol I updated my whole car with Winkfp and an OBD cable.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG