E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

I have already bought the hardware and its on the way. I can't afford costly FSC so going with chip solution which doesn't require FSC for nav and voice activation (but will require for the map upgrade, which isn't extortion).
I paid for the FSC code for my NAV but still never activated voice control because I too thought the FSC code for this was costly.

I hope there is no change in standard audio setup pinout from CIC and also they are high level signals (don't mind low level too but that will require some change in my wiring, but easily doable).
The audio pin-out in the Quadralock between the CCC and CIC will be the same and your outputs will be high level signals.

I have little bit of know-how on coding too (I am full time IT since more then a decade, doesn't help much here but gives a bit of confidence ) so it shouldn't be a massive job, if I am stuck I give you guys a shout.
There have been a few threads started regarding coding the CIC swap. You may want to read and learn more about NSCExpert also. This link should get you started if you haven't already seen it:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/113...1#entry1344687

EDIT: Forgot to say I have Dension GW500 too. Not sure how CIC will react to dension. What do you guys use for iPod connectivity with CIC other then dension? Perhaps CDC is like a useless brick to the new CIC atleast. I have replaced my CDC with dension.
Probably one of the nicest solutions out their for iPod integration with the CIC is to also install the new Combox with 6FL functionality. Check out more info on that here:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/106...1#entry1262707
Old 06-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Contributors

Doing the lot, including the new iDrive controller. As my interior is full leather anyway, its worth to mod the center console for the new iDrive controller. Also with the new a/c control panel, and combox with 6fl. Havent really got the chance to try everything yet. Patryk is again very helpfull and efficient in doing the remote coding.
You're 100% correct hoverid,
Patryk is definitely a guru in this area. With his expertise my CIC install, coding and Combox install was executed without a hitch.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Dension did work with my cic and others. I went with the combox so it didnt matter.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E39 M5, E60 M5 and F06 M6GC
Model Year: 2000/2006/2016

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Patryk is definitely a guru in this area. With his expertise my CIC install, coding and Combox install was executed without a hitch.
I'm another very happy and satisfied customer of Patryk! Now that I have the CIC installed, I'm thinking of retrofitting the OEM rear view camera. Does anyone know if it interfaces ok with the CIC and new monitor?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by D.W.D.
I'm another very happy and satisfied customer of Patryk! Now that I have the CIC installed, I'm thinking of retrofitting the OEM rear view camera. Does anyone know if it interfaces ok with the CIC and new monitor?
It works but you will need the new CIC version of the OEM camera. The one sold for the E60 will not work.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Members

My Ride: E39 M5, E60 M5 and F06 M6GC
Model Year: 2000/2006/2016

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
It works but you will need the new CIC version of the OEM camera. The one sold for the E60 will not work.
Thanks Bruce - I don't suppose you know the part number(s) of the relevant kit? If not, should I be looking at the E9x or F10 parts catalogue for the compatible system?
Old 06-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by D.W.D.
Thanks David

We are working hard to finish the backup camera retrofit that will be much cheaper than the OEM one but will fully integrate with the CIC (just like OEM).
The only difference will be lack of guiding lines.

I hope it's just a few weeks away
Old 06-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Thank you!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Contributors

We are working hard to finish the backup camera retrofit that will be much cheaper than the OEM one but will fully integrate with the CIC (just like OEM).
The only difference will be lack of guiding lines.

I hope it's just a few weeks away
Hey Patryk,
You know who's going to be the first one in Canada to do this mod, right? I've been waiting patiently.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Members

My dealer couldn't deliver me parts on Saturday as promised, just said sorry, come and collect it on Monday, finally they agreed for free delivery on Monday. So this weekend was totally wasted.
While I wait for other parts to arrive I want to clarify a doubt. I have seen various CIC control module surroundings and confused which one should (or can) I go for, I have following parts:

There is a base and a bezel, base clicks on to the controller and attaches to the base, I am not sure where the base will attach to? is bezel with a lip a replacement of my bezel without the lip. I am planning to cut my center console and trim, do you guys think even professional help can get me a good OEM looking finish without a lip bezel? I don't want to buy another part if not required, if required then I won't waste time and will just buy it to save sometime.
Attached Thumbnails CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-2011-06-19-17.43.11.jpg   CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-2011-06-19-17.43.37.jpg   CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-2011-06-19-17.43.55.jpg   CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-cic-i-drive-controller1.jpg   CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-post-39309-044000800-1287192807_thumb.jpg  

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG