E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Hey Nelson w/ the new CIC installed are you still using the Dension GW500 or the functionality (such as US pretty much integrated w/ CIC now?
Old 07-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Hey Nelson w/ the new CIC installed are you still using the Dension GW500 or the functionality (such as US pretty much integrated w/ CIC now?
I'm still using the dension 500. I'm also using the CIC USB interface to rip music into the built in HDD.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:48 AM
JWD
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pclausen
Thanks Patryk. I'll shoot you an email.

I think I might be the first M5 owner to do this retrofit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the "M Page" for configuring the M button on the steering wheel and such will still work.

Peter
Are you sure?
I've received my package on Friday but it's too hot here to do the install, so I guess I'll start Monday.
I'm more worried about the HUD display, but we will know soon enough.

@nelson29;

Are the LCI AC controls plug-and-play?
Old 07-11-2010, 06:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

anyone complete the entire upgrade for a 2007 550 (usa version if it matters?)

thanks in advance

[quote name='nelson29' date='08 July 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1278647116' post='1203485']
Glad you decided to do this mod, you will love it!!!
[comp/quote]
Old 07-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Contributors

@ JWD

The the LCI AC Controls are plug and play. I like the fact that when you press one of buttons( i tried the driver button)it takes you to the AC setting on the CIC, very cool

@Dentity

The upgrade is the same regardless if you have a 525i or M5. I have a 530i and my retrofit is complete
Old 07-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5 w/ all options

JWD, I guess we will both be doing installs on Monday.

The postal service tried to deliver my package Saturday, but I was out and a signature is required. So I'll pick it up tomorrow.

At any rate, I decided to go ahead and pull the dash apart in preparation for tomorrow's swap. Everything went well, except for seperating the 2 center trim pieces.

Here's a shot of the 2 pieces still attached:

And the back side:

When I seperated them, all the little tabs you see along the top in the shot below broke, despite being as carefull as I could. This piece is wrapped in sepang leather, matching my interior.

I also noticed that the old upper trim (left) has tabs to hold the bottom piece in place, where the new trim (that my LCI AC control came with), does not. Pretty clearly seen in the following shot:

Now, I dont' know if the black center CIC trim will have those tabs or not, but I don't think so since it is a post LCI thing to not have those tabs I guess?

Nelson, did you get that bottom center trim piece installed?
Old 07-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5 w/ all options

Couple more shots:

Interior with trim removed:

New climate controls and North American DVDs:

Old vs. New climate controls:

Old 07-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Contributors

@ pclausen

I did install the bottom piece. You wont have no problem with your CIC trim and your current bottom trim.

Couple of advices- Make sure you disconnect the battery while you doing the install. After you done and connect the battery you might have some errors-Dont PANIC-they will disappear after you start driving the car.

Also when you uploading the NA map, make sure you running on external power, Get or borrow a battery charger.

Here's a pic of the bottom piece with the CIC trim.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

These pics are great. Thanks for all the continued info guys. Keep posting as many pics as possible I'm still waiting on my LCI climate control so I'm probably still a few weeks away from my install. This will make the first time I'm taking my front dash apart although I've ripped apart most of the rest of the car by now. Is there a link or any other posts which may have been written for a different purpose but still pinpoints the relevant panel clips and illustrates how to properly disassemble the trim pieces?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010(60) BMW 520d SE, Manual, In Sophisto Grey with Cream/Black Interior and Piano Black trim

Originally Posted by Georgieb
These pics are great. Thanks for all the continued info guys. Keep posting as many pics as possible I'm still waiting on my LCI climate control so I'm probably still a few weeks away from my install. This will make the first time I'm taking my front dash apart although I've ripped apart most of the rest of the car by now. Is there a link or any other posts which may have been written for a different purpose but still pinpoints the relevant panel clips and illustrates how to properly disassemble the trim pieces?
Here's a link to a DIY i did a while back to change the interior trim, the removal of the key pieces of trim are covered here, and the rest is fairly straight forward.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/943...&#entry1115596

Good luck

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG