E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by pclausen
I'm sure I will! Based on the youtube videos I have seen of it, it looks like a huge improvement compared to the CCC.

So I take it you found that using the old controller is a pain and you are proceeding with fitting the new controller?

Also, what did you end up doing with your LCI climate control knobs?

Thanks!
The old controller is not a pain at all. i just want to try to fit the new controller.

I tried switching the knobs over the weekend and it did not work properly. i think is defective. as sonn as i plug it in the AC system started to make a noise in the engine.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pclausen
I'm sure I will! Based on the youtube videos I have seen of it, it looks like a huge improvement compared to the CCC.

So I take it you found that using the old controller is a pain and you are proceeding with fitting the new controller?

Also, what did you end up doing with your LCI climate control knobs?

Thanks!
The old controller is not a pain at all. i just want to try to fit the new controller.

I tried switching the knobs over the weekend and it did not work properly. i think is defective. as sonn as i plug it in the AC system started to make a noise in the engine.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Got my box of goodies from Patryk today and if I wasn't so damn busy right now I would try to do the install this weekend. (Providing of course that Patryk was also available for the remote software setups). In any event I'm still missing the 2008 - 2010 AC Climate control module for my car so I want to ensure I get this before I start ripping things apart.

Nelson, how is your install coming along? Close to done as yet? I'm interested in seeing how you cut your shifter panel for the new iDrive controller. I'm still committed to getting mine cut with a water-jet CNC if my buddy can afford me some machine time. (It will be great once we have everything up and running).

Cheers!
Hey Nigel, Install is doing fine.I haven't had a change to cut the trim for the controller, been working on installing the MS-8. Hopefully in the next week ill get a chance to take it to my friend shop and cut it.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Got my box of goodies from Patryk today and if I wasn't so damn busy right now I would try to do the install this weekend. (Providing of course that Patryk was also available for the remote software setups). In any event I'm still missing the 2008 - 2010 AC Climate control module for my car so I want to ensure I get this before I start ripping things apart.

Nelson, how is your install coming along? Close to done as yet? I'm interested in seeing how you cut your shifter panel for the new iDrive controller. I'm still committed to getting mine cut with a water-jet CNC if my buddy can afford me some machine time. (It will be great once we have everything up and running).

Cheers!
Hey Nigel, Install is doing fine.I haven't had a change to cut the trim for the controller, been working on installing the MS-8. Hopefully in the next week ill get a chance to take it to my friend shop and cut it.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Any ideas on this retrofit would with work if I have basic a/c controls on a pre-LCI car
Old 07-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jas_r_1
Any ideas on this retrofit would with work if I have basic a/c controls on a pre-LCI car
No idea. You gonna have to do some research on it from your side. All North American have the electronic climate control.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

To the best of my knowledge the Pre-LCI AC Climate control module will fit the new CIC faceplate however the knob alignment is not perfect and the buttons may be off-centered. Nelson may have a pic of this.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Ah, I think I misread the question. Basic AC control and not Climate control fitment. No idea regarding this either.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Thanks, will look into it
Old 07-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

So guys... its been a while. how are the new iDrives getting on?

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG