E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 04:56 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 M5 w/ all options

Originally Posted by nelson29
Just received the lci ac climate control console and as you can see it fits perfectly, no gaps . im gonna replace the knobs with mines from the pre-lci.
Were you able to pull the knobs off? I asked because I just picked up the same unit from a guy on Ebay, but the knobs are scratched and from what I can tell, no part number exists for replacement knobs.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Got my box of goodies from Patryk today and if I wasn't so damn busy right now I would try to do the install this weekend. (Providing of course that Patryk was also available for the remote software setups). In any event I'm still missing the 2008 - 2010 AC Climate control module for my car so I want to ensure I get this before I start ripping things apart.

Nelson, how is your install coming along? Close to done as yet? I'm interested in seeing how you cut your shifter panel for the new iDrive controller. I'm still committed to getting mine cut with a water-jet CNC if my buddy can afford me some machine time. (It will be great once we have everything up and running).

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-cic001.jpg  
Old 07-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Members

Sweet! When did Patryk ship out yours? He shipped my kit last Thursday and I'm on pins and needles waiting for it to show up.

I see you also got the new I-Drive controller and surround. How much more that the standard 2200 Euro did that set you back if you don't mind me asking.

Depending on how big a pain it is to navigate using the old I-Drive controller, I might spring for that as well, and decide how to get my existing console trim cut to accomodate it.

I'm suprised you didn't have him pre-program yours for your VIN. My understanding is that by going that route, all you gotta do in swap out the CCC and you will be all set.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pclausen
Sweet! When did Patryk ship out yours? He shipped my kit last Thursday and I'm on pins and needles waiting for it to show up.

I see you also got the new I-Drive controller and surround. How much more that the standard 2200 Euro did that set you back if you don't mind me asking.

Depending on how big a pain it is to navigate using the old I-Drive controller, I might spring for that as well, and decide how to get my existing console trim cut to accomodate it.

Peter,

Your package will take longer to get to you.
I shipped it insured and priority.

Nigel is in Canada and I couldn't insure his package, so he took a risk and asked me to ship it EMS, which is faster, but without insurance.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Nigel is in Canada and I couldn't insure his package, so he took a risk and asked me to ship it EMS, which is faster, but without insurance.
Calculated risk Patryk, calculated risk....ha ha. I admit, I was a
bit worried. I've used EMS in the past also and they've always come through. All's well that ends well.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Contributors

I'm suprised you didn't have him pre-program yours for your VIN. My understanding is that by going that route, all you gotta do in swap out the CCC and you will be all set.
And regarding the cost of the controller and trim let's discuss it by email, but you won't find it cheaper

I did not code Nigel's CIC because he decided to get an interface, so we will do it after he puts everything together.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Calculated risk Patryk, calculated risk....ha ha. I admit, I was a
bit worried. I've used EMS in the past also and they've always come through. All's well that ends well.
Good for you
Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Members

Thanks Patryk. I'll shoot you an email.

I think I might be the first M5 owner to do this retrofit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the "M Page" for configuring the M button on the steering wheel and such will still work.

Peter
Old 07-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Thanks Patryk. I'll shoot you an email.

I think I might be the first M5 owner to do this retrofit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the "M Page" for configuring the M button on the steering wheel and such will still work.

Peter
Glad you decided to do this mod, you will love it!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:19 AM
Members

I'm sure I will! Based on the youtube videos I have seen of it, it looks like a huge improvement compared to the CCC.

So I take it you found that using the old controller is a pain and you are proceeding with fitting the new controller?

Also, what did you end up doing with your LCI climate control knobs?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG