E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Abbizle
Anyone? Is Tecnic around to help? As Patryk refuses to help me.
Don't you think you are going a bit too far with this comment. I gave you a couple of options how I could help you, but I just don't believe you can buy the FSC codes legally for £100.
The retail price is a few times more than that, so if your dealership or whoever it was gave you this price he must have known what P/N he was talking about...
Old 08-23-2010, 01:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Well after two sessions of coding with Patryk I'm all done for now. I've gotta say, the guy is a genius! My new iDrive interface is just off the chain. Today we added DVD in-motion, Real Time Traffic for NAV, Digital Speedo, and windows up/down via key fob. This mod took months to complete but it was all worth it.

Big thank you again Patryk. you da man!

abbizle,
Sorry I couldn't answer your questions but Patryk is probably best suited to answer them personally.

Thanks Nigel!!! I am really happy for you
Old 08-23-2010, 02:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Patrys
Don't you think you are going a bit too far with this comment. I gave you a couple of options how I could help you, but I just don't believe you can buy the FSC codes legally for £100.
The retail price is a few times more than that, so if your dealership or whoever it was gave you this price he must have known what P/N he was talking about...
If that is the case, then looking at the parts catalog, what you have said only brings up one option, which is part no.

Replacement CIC

65 12 9 199 608

ECE

Only in conjunction with

· Activation code CIC Navigation repair 65 90 2 153 306

· Activation code CIC Navigation enabler 65 83 9 166 914

This costs Eur600 and am I right in thinking it isn't actually a physical CIC replacement at such a cheap price, but a reset, repair and new activation of an existing CIC.

Which kind of makes sense and falls in line with your pricing for just coding.

Please advise if this is what I need to get from my dealer.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Abbizle
If that is the case, then looking at the parts catalog, what you have said only brings up one option, which is part no.

Replacement CIC

65 12 9 199 608

ECE

Only in conjunction with

· Activation code CIC Navigation repair 65 90 2 153 306

· Activation code CIC Navigation enabler 65 83 9 166 914

This costs Eur600 and am I right in thinking it isn't actually a physical CIC replacement at such a cheap price, but a reset, repair and new activation of an existing CIC.

Which kind of makes sense and falls in line with your pricing for just coding.

Please advise if this is what I need to get from my dealer.

Thanks in advance.
What are you going to do with the FSC codes?
If you have somebody who can load it for you then he must know how to get them.

If you don't have anybody to load them I can help you, but I will not give you any P/Ns.
I gave you my pricing and as far as the FSC codes are concerned you will not buy them cheaper than I can get them for you, so what's the point?

What are you looking for then?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Hey Nelson,
I figured I would ask this here as it may be a benefit to others also. My car is fast approaching service requirements for brake fluid, oil etc. Can I take it to the dealership with the new CIC given that this type of service does not require software upgrades etc. Do I have to inform them of the new hardware and will they be able to work with my system to download info, reset service codes etc? Could they be reluctant to work on my car?

On a somewhat unrelated matter, can we reset our own service codes etc now?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:28 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Hey Nelson,
I figured I would ask this here as it may be a benefit to others also. My car is fast approaching service requirements for brake fluid, oil etc. Can I take it to the dealership with the new CIC given that this type of service does not require software upgrades etc. Do I have to inform them of the new hardware and will they be able to work with my system to download info, reset service codes etc? Could they be reluctant to work on my car?

On a somewhat unrelated matter, can we reset our own service codes etc now?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Hey Nigel,

You should not have any problems taking the car for regular maintenance. You dont have to inform them of the upgrade and yes they will able t reset the service codes. Im pretty confident we can reset our service codes if we manually maintain our cars.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Contributors

You should not have any problems taking the car for regular maintenance. You dont have to inform them of the upgrade and yes they will able t reset the service codes. Im pretty confident we can reset our service codes if we manually maintain our cars
Hey Nelson, good chatting with you today. Thanks for the advice. We should also look into our ability of resetting our own service codes. I kinda hate being at the mercy of the dealership.

Cheers!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:28 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 M5 w/ all options

The procedure for resetting the service codes is the same regardless of having the CCC or CIC installed. So you should have no issues with the dealer being able to perform maintenance and resetting the codes.

You can easily do it yourself as well if you change your own pads, oil, etc.

I don't have the instructions handy right now, but you basically push and hold down the odometer reset button when first turning on the ignition, and you can then cycle through the various service codes and then reset the appropriate one. I'll see if I can dig up the exact instructions.

Georgie, congrats on getting the install completed! And you're right, it definitely takes longer than 15 minutes the first time.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:48 AM
Contributors

Hey Peter,
Thanks for the follow-up. I'm still enjoying the new iDrive interface and have absolutely no regrets about getting this done. How are you liking your iDrive now?

Regarding Service Alert resets for the E60; I found this info on the net. I'm not sure if it works as yet but I'll try it out tonight. (Look familiar?)

Firstly with the ignition switched on, set the odometer trip meter back to zero by pushing it once. Then switch the ignition back off again. (I found this step was critical, otherwise I couldn't get to the "Service" menu).

Now you are ready to go through the reset steps as follows:

1. Switch the ignition on (so that the battery, Oil and Parking brake lights are displayed) and the key is ready to start the engine - but don't actually start the car.

2. Press the odometer reset button for between 5 and 10 seconds until a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the centre appears in the top window between the clocks (where the outside temperature / time or date normally appears) - this is the "Service" icon.

3. Release the odometer button briefly and press again straight away which brings up a picture of the Brake Fluid symbol (same as the one that the i-drive shows when you look at the Service menu).

4. If you want to reset the Brake Fluid interval for another 2 years then keep holding the odometer button until the word "RESET?" appears at the bottom of the lower window.

5. Release the button briefly and push it in again and hold for about 5 - 10 seconds until the new date appears in the bottom window. You can then switch the ignition off and the new Brake Fluid date will appear in the service menu on the i-drive screen next time you switch on.

6. If you want to reset the Oil, Microfilter or Brake Pad indicators then you will need to follow the same sequence as steps 1 and 2 above, but when you get to step 3 and the brake Fluid icon appears, just release the button and press again and the next service item will appear.

7. You can continue releasing and pressing the button until the required service item icon appears for the one you want to reset. As soon as it does then hold in the button in until the word "RESET?" appears again as in step 4 above. Once the word "RESET?" has appeared, you need to release the button briefly and hold it in again for about 5 - 10 seconds until it is replaced by the new service interval figure (as per step 5 above).

Hints & Tips
Before actually resetting anything, go through steps 1, 2 and 6 above until you are familiar (and sure) what you want to reset. Practice this a few times and note down in what order the icons appear after the initial "Service" icon appears.

If you do happen to hold the button down too long against an item you don't want to reset and the "RESET?" appears, just leave the button alone for 10 seconds or so and it will not let you reset the item. (Alternatively just switch the ignition off and start again).

Sometimes if you have not released and pressed the button again quickly enough, when you hold it down again the German technical writing will appear after about 15 - 20 seconds instead of the Service item icon you were expecting. (If this happens just switch off the ignition and start again).

Once you are sure what item you want to reset and are confident of the sequence, then give it a go. If you do hesitate between releasing and pressing the button at any time, you will have to go back to the beginning and start again as "he who hesitates is lost".
Old 08-31-2010, 07:42 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 M5 w/ all options

Yep, those are the exact instructions I came across as well. Works like a charm.

I continue to be very pleased with the new iDrive.

The only thing I have noticed is that the radio sometimes has a delay before I can manually tune or call up stored stations (the currently selected station plays fine). What happens is that the tuned station shows as 87.7MHz and when I twist the iDrive knob, it moves around the dial, but the current station continues to play. Kinda a weird since I can switch back to CD/Multimedia and everything there is working fine. It goes away after about 60 seconds or so.

Everything else is rock solid however.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG