E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 M5 w/ all options

Originally Posted by nelson29
Here's a couple of qick pics i took of the new controller with the old one.
Thanks Nelson! Looks like both cavities will be covered just fine with the new controller.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Thanks Nelson looks like we're covered. No pun intended. Ha ha
Since you have not installed your CIC, my advice to you is to take your car to the dealer to make sure you have the latest software.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Members

Peter,
Will you be updating your CIP firmware at the dealer with your old CCC re-installed or will you leave your new CIC in place during the upgrade?
No, I'll put the CCC back in. According to Nelson, the update won't take with the CIC installed since it wasn't originally registered to the Vehicle Order and would request to have the CCC installed to continue with the update.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pclausen
Yes. And when I turn it left or right, the graphic changes to show where the airflow is changed to. Pretty cool feature!

How do I turn off the LCI climate control. There is no longer an OFF button like the old one had.
Peter-
I was also wandering that when i briefly installed mines. Hopefully we can get some LCI owners o chime in this thread.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

No, I'll put the CCC back in. According to Nelson, the update won't take with the CIC installed since it wasn't originally registered to the Vehicle Order and would request to have the CCC installed to continue with the update.
Gotcha!

Since you have not installed your CIC, my advice to you is to take your car to the dealer to make sure you have the latest software.
I'll go ahead and book an appointment this afternoon.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Members

So I went home for lunch and popped in the original climate control unit and my AC works again and the engine cooling fan doesn't run constantly.

I wonder if perhaps the LCI climate control is not compatible with pre-LCI vehicles?

Nelson, did your AC compressor work when you had yours installed?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:07 AM
JWD
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So first of all, I ordered a 100kW AC unit for my garage today, working in temps above 90F is plain torture.

After reading the problems above I was hoping that I wouldn't have these and that everything would be plug-and-play.
Well... it isn't....

Thanks to the previous owner I have a nice music collection pre-installed, Patryk should sell these like Nokia "Comes with Music"

Now the weird stuff.

After pressing one of the 1-8 buttons it started dialing a number that isn't in my iPhones phonebook but it displayed the number + name on the screen.
I thought it wouldn't dial since I didn't pair my iPhone yet (can't reach the bluetooth menu) but when I looked at my iPhone screen it displayed a unknown number and it was dialing ?!!
I pressed the Red button to stop the call and disabled the bluetooth of my phone... I was like WTF?

Anyways, here are my findings;

- I've got the same problems with the I-drive knob, it goes from top to bottom in one click.
- The Navigation keeps saying "starting-up" but won't come alive not even after a few rides.
At first Navigation was grayed out in the main menu but after a while it became white so I don't think it's key related.
- When you press the voice command button you get a nice feedback (through the speakers that is) it opens up the mic and sends it back through the speakers, very nice feature if you want to practice singing in your car though .

I have made a small vid displaying some of the problems;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei_s3P9uHr8
Click on it to watch it in HD

So... It looks GREAT but it doesn't work YET.

When my disappointment has gone I'll continue with this project .
Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

JWD,
it seems like this will indeed be a long journey for some. Did you also change to an LCI version climate control and if so does it exhibit the same issues as Peter's?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:18 AM
JWD
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JWD,
it seems like this will indeed be a long journey for some. Did you also change to an LCI version climate control and if so does it exhibit the same issues as Peter's?
Nope I haven't ordered one yet, I just placed my old AC control back and it works just fine.

P.s. After thinking about it I figured that my Bluetooth TCU is a separate unit which was already paired with my iPhone, I guess that's why it was working with the CIC.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pclausen
So I went home for lunch and popped in the original climate control unit and my AC works again and the engine cooling fan doesn't run constantly.

I wonder if perhaps the LCI climate control is not compatible with pre-LCI vehicles?

Nelson, did your AC compressor work when you had yours installed?
Peter-

I had the same issue that you had and i thought the LCI AC panel was defective. I actually had a noise coming from the compressor when i plug the LCI panel.

Its really weird to me because BenAnd retrofitted the LCI ac panel without any issues.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/91175-can-not-be-done/

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG