E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

If you look at the unit closely you will see that's indeed a lci climate panel, he just changed the 3 buttons to the pre-lci.
Keen eye Nelson. Well noted.

On another note, I called my local dealership this afternoon to book an appointment for potential software updates. I swear I went through a 10 minute interrogation regarding why I wanted to do this followed by another 10 minutes of all the risks involved with the update if one of the associated modules failed as a result given that not all hardware is guaranteed to accept the upgrade flawlessly. I reminded the service rep. that this could be construed as a flaw in BMW's service support given that in the same breath he talks about full backward-compatibility. After all the bull, he agreed to book me for the update but by then I was just too damn frustrated.

I'll call another dealer that's a bit further from where I work but where the service department is much more knowledgeable and friendly. Hopefully I'll have it all complete by next week. I'm still waiting on the LCI Climate control anyway, so I won't likely start without it.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Keen eye Nelson. Well noted.

On another note, I called my local dealership this afternoon to book an appointment for potential software updates. I swear I went through a 10 minute interrogation regarding why I wanted to do this followed by another 10 minutes of all the risks involved with the update if one of the associated modules failed as a result given that not all hardware is guaranteed to accept the upgrade flawlessly. I reminded the service rep. that this could be construed as a flaw in BMW's service support given that in the same breath he talks about full backward-compatibility. After all the bull, he agreed to book me for the update but by then I was just too damn frustrated.

I'll call another dealer that's a bit further from where I work but where the service department is much more knowledgeable and friendly. Hopefully I'll have it all complete by next week. I'm still waiting on the LCI Climate control anyway, so I won't likely start without it.
Nigel-

Try to find a Service Advisor that you can be cool with. See if you can get some Toronto members to recommend you one. Believe me you want one in your side.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Contributors

Peter-

I got answer on how to turn off the AC on the LCI climate control panel.
https://5series.net/forums/topic/101...&#entry1206685
Old 07-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

hey nelson, is the CIC and monitor for the E6X same as the E9x????

The CIC is definitely NOT!!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

Nelson and Patryk, I will be installing this in hopefully this winter!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5 w/ all options

Originally Posted by nelson29
Peter-

I got answer on how to turn off the AC on the LCI climate control panel.
https://5series.net/forums/topic/101...&#entry1206685
Sweet! I figured there had to be a way. I posted a follow up question asking if we're talking about the center knob, I'm assuming we are.

p.s. Patryk installed the software on my laptop yesterday, so we're ready to go as soon as I get the car back from the dealer and the cable. It's looking like Tuesday of next week at this point.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d M Sport Lci

It is the centre knob, turn anti clockwise, then do it a second time to turn it off.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
hey nelson, is the CIC and monitor for the E6X same as the E9x????

The CIC is definitely NOT!!!!
Yes John, its the same
Old 07-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5 w/ all options

I had my software updated to version 37.204 at the dealer yesterday. They told me all the modules were successfully updated.

However, when I put the CIC back in, the iDrive controller still skips from the top to the bottom selection. The LCI climate control also does not work (AC compressor doesn't come on when calling for cool), and the engine cooling fan comes on at full blast and stays there within seconds of starting the engine, even when cold.

Anyway, I should have my interface cable early next week (along with the new controller) and Patryk will take a look at things and hopefully we can the these issues resolved.

I'm about 80% done pulling out my center console and trimming it in preparation for the new controller. Once I get the new one, I'll make a template out of a material the same thickness as the OEM trim, and then use it as a template/guide for routing the OEM piece.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Contributors

Peter-

Do you have any pics on how you removed the center console.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG