E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004 | 09:35 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by BMWorld' date='Mar 21 2004, 07:03 PM
Hi All,
Didn't know about this forum till recently. Took almost half a day to read all your posts, very interesting indeed.
Collected my E60 almost a month ago, and now has clocked above 3,000km..real fast man. I had the same problem with some of you regarding the creaking noise on the window, quite common on all BMWs. Had the friction tape done, and the noise disappeared.

I very much want to know about options or accessories? on E60 that is currently available, anyone can advice?

Cheers!
BMWorld, recognise your nick from BMW.sg! Seems like not much discussion on e60 overthere.

I dun have much info on after market mods/option. I know one thing i am waiting for is the sport steering wheel from BMW. PML said it will be toward middle of this year.

Are you planning for a major mod?

tell us about your ride!

cheers.
Old 03-21-2004 | 09:38 PM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest_eggz' date='Mar 21 2004, 11:22 PM
[quote name='totoseow' date='Mar 21 2004, 11:09 PM'] sg520...i c lambo...i hide one corner...i only pick on slower cars..cowrad here.
Hey totoseow,

You da man! when you were driving your M3, must have kicked a lot of butt, even Evos and WRXs can't beat an M3 rite? Probably only hide when you see a 911 Turbo.....

I was actually tempted to order my 530i without the comfort seats,, apparently they are quite heavy (60+ kg more than the sports seats)

it's like having an additional passenger. Without the extra weight, I can kick other 530i butts ...hah..hah..
In the end I gave in, figured my butt comfort was more important.....

eggz [/quote]
good thinking... 120kg additional for weight is not joke hor!
but comfort seats is real nice.. however other than side bolster and thigh support I pretty much disable the rest. Kinda of waste ler!
when is your ride coming?

totoseaw.. you got mail!
Old 03-21-2004 | 10:47 PM
Members

Hey Zag,
Thanks for your response.
Yes, indeed. I am from BMW.sg. Currently, there are ony 2 I know that drive the E60.

I may know some of you guys as I was at the Sepang trip last year. Good place here to re-group!

I took delivery of my 530i with the 16" rims last month, one of you was talking about. Have since dressed up with the 19" ACS type III racing. Have the boot and roof spoilers added too. Dun chiat me on the road, as I am a modest driver!

Cheers!
Old 03-22-2004 | 04:39 AM
Guest_eggz

Originally Posted by BMWorld' date='Mar 22 2004, 01:47 AM
I took delivery of my 530i with the 16" rims last month, one of you was talking about. Have since dressed up with the 19" ACS type III racing. Have the boot and roof spoilers added too. Dun chiat me on the road, as I am a modest driv
Hey BMWorld,

is your 530i a black? It must be the one I saw at PML's delivery center last month.

After I saw the sports steering on your car, I decided to order it also.....

eggz
Old 03-22-2004 | 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by zag' date='Mar 22 2004, 12:38 AM
when is your ride coming?
I've got a long wait

My ride won't be here till late May at the earliest. Don't know why I couldn't make March build, I placed my order late Feb.

Anyway....at least I have this forum and you guys to chat with

eggz
Old 03-22-2004 | 06:50 AM
Members

Hi Eggz,
Yes, my ride is saphire black with auburn interior. Do not know whether was the one you saw at Dunearn.

May delivery for Feb order is not that bad, I ordered mine in Aug last year. I bet your wait will be very much worth while.

Cheers!
Old 03-22-2004 | 04:01 PM
Members

Hey All,
I read the thread that you guys were suppose to meet up last Sunday, did you?
Guess was fun and interesting if you had done it.

Anyway, the BMW.sg guys will be having their regular meet up this Sunday (28th Mar). If you guys could join, it would be great fun.

Cheers!
Old 03-22-2004 | 05:05 PM
zag
Contributors

BMWorld, No we didn't manage to get together. Never been to bmw.sg meet up.. will you be there? it would interesting if we have a handful of e60s showing up to exchange experiences etc..

Learned something new last night...
was at gradual slope road and i cranked the engine somehow it didn't start running (i couldn't tell audibly..) i shifted into D. Since I was at a slope the car roll back and the alarm chimed and displayed a graphical outline of a car with flowing lines front and back denoting that the car is rolling. Cool!
Old 03-22-2004 | 05:31 PM
Senior Members

wa zag! that is cool..me gonna try it!

anyway can someone tell me why my steering doesnt move when i want to get out of the car? isnt it supposed to move up?

also when i changed my seats from position 1 to position 2...the seats will move, the mirrors will move but the steering doesnt!
Old 03-22-2004 | 05:48 PM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Mar 22 2004, 08:31 PM
wa zag! that is cool..me gonna try it!

anyway can someone tell me why my steering doesnt move when i want to get out of the car? isnt it supposed to move up?

also when i changed my seats from position 1 to position 2...the seats will move, the mirrors will move but the steering doesnt!
did you extend the steering wheel (telescopically) all the way? if yes that might be a problem. if not it should work.
I do experience on few instances that the steering did not go to the position of last set but previously set instead however it does retract everytime when I turn the key to off the engine vice versa.

let's get in the details tonite.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans