E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i will listen to u kiasu..besides i dun wanna part with the car for more than 3 hours! so no way m i sending it in for 1 day!.

i discovered its probably the window sills. once i lower it a little the sound is gone. pretty sure its the window rattling agst the window frame. in less than 1 week i have already clocked 500km on it....

cars i hv beaten includes, rx-8, alfa 156, e320, e240s, countless civics, a scrambler bike, an e60 525....muahahahaha...greatest pleasure were the mercs...

yes, yes..i m maniac on the roads...
Old 03-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Members

Hi All,
Didn't know about this forum till recently. Took almost half a day to read all your posts, very interesting indeed.
Collected my E60 almost a month ago, and now has clocked above 3,000km..real fast man. I had the same problem with some of you regarding the creaking noise on the window, quite common on all BMWs. Had the friction tape done, and the noise disappeared.

I very much want to know about options or accessories on E60 that is currently available, anyone can advice?

Cheers!
Old 03-21-2004, 05:01 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Mar 21 2004, 06:21 PM
ok i will listen to u kiasu..besides i dun wanna part with the car for more than 3 hours!? so no way m i sending it in for 1 day!.

i discovered its probably the window sills.? once i lower it a little the sound is gone.? pretty sure its the window rattling agst the window frame.? in less than 1 week i have already clocked 500km on it....

cars i hv beaten includes, rx-8, alfa 156, e320, e240s, countless civics, a scrambler bike, an e60 525....muahahahaha...greatest pleasure were the mercs...

yes, yes..i m maniac on the roads...
the door creaks on mine was very bad and I couldn't live with it, must be my luck coz it didn't go away but after the fix so far so good!

totoseaw,
glad to hear you are having fun with your new ride. in order to beat those guys you must be red lining like hell, didn't you? How about the breaking in period? Hehe!

I told you this car is fast and yours with DD and sport suspension, man you would go into corners with preceeding speed and foot of the gas pedal while the others would be hitting the brakes.

For me so far, it has been couple of latest e200 kompressor trying to challenge me.. funny!

btw yours is not SMG right?

pls share you kill story here man! Did you take them on long stretch or at launch?
Old 03-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Senior Members

yo Zag....actually I hv read that i m not supposed to go past 4k rpm during the breaking in. I have been careful there...

1st kill - alfa 156 along AMK ave 1...off the red light...the black 156 was cutting across 3 lanes...I decided to chase him a bit watching my revs quite a bit. Boy he was fast...cudnt catch up initially off a standing start without going into kick-down. As I approached 80kmh...I decided what-the-hack...shifted into sports and started reining him in...revs hit 4500...then I overtook him at 130kmh...

2nd kill - west coast H'way E60 525...saw the rear from 100m back and decided to follow him a bit. He saw me in his rear and accelerated. From his number plate he must have already run in his car a bit...Again I was conscious of my revs....but he proved to be very fast. Cant say that I will overtake him if i din kick-down...but i resisted the urge...it was only until Keppel road that i overtook him on the right hand bend along the railway station....I think DD won the race there. This was really the toughest so far.

3rd kill - civic along ECP. Came out from Fort road and saw a civic n rx-8 speeding...decided to get involved...caught up in front of mandarin gdns...then they boxed me in. on the left was the civic n the front was the rx-8...no choice but to stay there till the civic got caught ith a bike infront...as the bike moved left i went in....din need to rev too much....at 3500 the torque just let me pulled away from the civic...leaving the rx-8 which was next to me....must say his engine sounded really nice....at 3800rpm, i cud pull away quite easily...

the mercs were really just lame...the drivers were also not as mad as me...

conclusion - from start the pedal is abit soft...need to burn a lot of gas to accelerate. but from 3k rpm...torque kicks in and beats most cars on the road. brakes still not firm enuf for my liking (i drive with 2 legs)..since i need to brake wif my left n the pedal is too close to my right leg. pity pml din want to let me buy the smg..citing no support for service at the moment. at speeds above 100kmh...the 530 is pretty much uncatchable by most cars. at 130kmh the rpm will hover only about 2400 rpm. cant wait to run it in...i will say that the handling around bends is better than the M3 cos of DD...I have also complained b4 of the lack of aural feel...but i think racing at that speed it is now less stressful and less likely to catch u compared with the M.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:40 PM
Members

today i asked pml adviser about the headlight switch. They said other e60 owners complaint this also but they still cannot figure out why. Strange man. I tried to simulate that infront of them but failed. Don't know why such things happened.

Totoseow...you really seow Your car still hasn't run in yet you try to kick butt liow???

I tink 530i not enuff for you leh. You shld special indent the 545 or wait for M5 to kick those butts. SOmetimes these 156, civic and rx-xx really need to be kicked. However, wif my 520i...i always got kicked by them

I wonder oneday you see a modena or lambo on the road and you will do the same thing....

Drive carefully thou...e60 is a nice car to drive. Love her....be good to her. Don't over stress her....
Old 03-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Senior Members

sg520...i c lambo...i hide one corner...i only pick on slower cars..cowrad here.

anyway i hv a few questions for some of u. i m still trying to master all the instrns.

the memory seats. when u use your 2nd memory button...do u just press it briefly or do u need to hold it n wait for the adjustments to be completed? also how come the steering doesnt move when i depress my 2nd memory. i read that it was supposed to do do! my buttons remember the position of mirrors, but not the steering wheel. m i doing somthing wrong here?

also, when i off the ignition n get out of the car...the steering doesnt retract away...i thot it was supposed to happen?

pls help..
Old 03-21-2004, 08:12 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Mar 21 2004, 09:12 PM
yo Zag....actually I hv read that i m not supposed to go past 4k rpm during the breaking in. I have been careful there...
thanks for sharing! agree that at 3000rpm and above the amount of torque is intoxicating.

by the way you have 275mm rear tyres right? do you feel the lack of grip?
my 245mm is driving me nuts, everytime I speed off from a turning exit, they always scream.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Senior Members

yes i hv 275 rear...no squeal so far. but i dun think i hv pushed it to the limits yet. just remember one thing...ur car and its safety electronics r as good as the wheels r on the ground. nothing can go agst the law of physics...be careful there.

having said that...from sepang experience u shud know that the dtc will cut in..so unless u hv that turned off...the car dtc will still safe ur butt. yet again note that sepang is a smooth track...singapore roads can be bumpy..if ur wheels lift off...bye bye...
Old 03-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Guest_eggz

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Mar 21 2004, 11:09 PM
sg520...i c lambo...i hide one corner...i only pick on slower cars..cowrad here.
Hey totoseow,

You da man! when you were driving your M3, must have kicked a lot of butt, even Evos and WRXs can't beat an M3 rite? Probably only hide when you see a 911 Turbo.....

I was actually tempted to order my 530i without the comfort seats,, apparently they are quite heavy (60+ kg more than the sports seats)

it's like having an additional passenger. Without the extra weight, I can kick other 530i butts ...hah..hah..
In the end I gave in, figured my butt comfort was more important.....

eggz
Old 03-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Senior Members

eggs..u r wrong...evos can kick butts. i hv been kicked by evos b4 on tracks.. the evos corners very well due to 4WD...but then again i m not a race driver.

honestly m3 is a poser car...for less money u can get as much pleasure for the type-Rs.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans