E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi zag..its in its port cleared...they r only awaitinf pre-delivery inspection now...

i just told them i want a special plate...gloss black with no words like ultimate driving machine n perfomrance motors ltd etc...no borders...just plain glossy flat black base n white words...

ya...we shud all meet hv a cuppa..parked our cars in front of some hotels...then drive to JB to pump petrol!
Old 03-03-2004, 12:56 AM
Members

Just called my sales rep at PML to inform her about the car sliding back on the slope. She told me the car will slide back if the slope is very steep. She said only the latest 7 series has a device that prevents the slide back. Any way, she said to send the car for check up if I suspect a fault as it is under warranty.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:52 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Guest_Kiasu King' date='Mar 3 2004, 03:56 AM
Just called my sales rep at PML to inform her about the car sliding back on the slope. She told me the car will slide back if the slope is very steep. She said only the latest 7 series has a device that prevents the slide back. Any way, she said to send the car for check up if I suspect a fault as it is under warranty.
if you are in D gear, does the car creep forward if you let go the brakes?
it should otherwise definitely something is wrong.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:01 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by 530i' date='Mar 3 2004, 03:05 AM
hi zag..its in its port cleared...they r only awaitinf pre-delivery inspection now...

i just told them i want a special plate...gloss black with no words like ultimate driving machine n perfomrance motors ltd etc...no borders...just plain glossy flat black base n white words...

ya...we shud all meet hv a cuppa..parked our cars in front of some hotels...then drive to JB to pump petrol!
great.. now the agony of waiting will get more intense!
for me however it is easier to get by just thinking about writing and parting the hard earned 200 some grand cheque to PML .... hehehe!

one amazing thing i find the e60 530i is that the cruising speed sweet spot is around 120 kph .. at that speed it is so quiet that you think you have air turbine engine under the hood.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Senior Members

zag...u hv pics of your black interior?
Old 03-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Senior Members

hey guys........anyone got ur hands on the accessories book for the e60?
Old 03-06-2004, 05:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 530i' date='Mar 2 2004, 03:19 AM
they told me...in next 10 days....car has been inspected...n the logic 7 is the only one missing....but still i want to be able to check the stuff out myself.
Hi 530i,

Apparently for Dynamic Drive, there should be an indicator light on the dash to signal if it's enabled during the ignition sequence. Have a check on the E60 manual.

BTW, my car is April manufacture, won't arrive till June, damn! Only good thing is that my sales rep just told me PML will rebate at least $12K due to the ARF tax changes, hopefully if my OMV is high, it'll be more than that....

eggz
Old 03-06-2004, 05:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='Mar 3 2004, 02:52 AM
hey! gotta get together one of these days when u finally got yr ride! when is that?

anyone second that?
Hey good idea Zag, accept I'll have to wait till June to join you guys.

BTW, I'm going to be a merc man soon. Will be exporting my current 328ci at the end of this month (got a pretty good offer from NZ). So, will be driving my dad's old E230T till my E60 arrives.

eggz
Old 03-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Members

eggz, how do your export the car on your own? How do you ensure you do not get cheated and fail to get payment after you ship your car?
Old 03-07-2004, 04:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest_Kiasu King' date='Mar 7 2004, 01:21 AM
eggz, how do your export the car on your own? How do you ensure you do not get cheated and fail to get payment after you ship your car?
Hi,

For (sort of) self export of your car, try www.ajseven.com, check under contacts and talk with Thomas. This way cuts out the car dealer, who will take a cut of your car body's selling price. If I just traded it in the difference between an offer I got from a BMW dealer for my car vs. how much I'm getting by self export is about $10K. This is an extreme case, since I was bargaining very hard with the same BMW dealer for an E60. But the average savings from self export via AJseven is about $5-6K. One thing though, it's best if your car is accident free, has low mileage and is in good condition.

As for the 2nd part of your question, I'm not entirely sure, but I believe they use something called Letter of Credit via a bank. Which means you will be paid as long as the car is delivered to the buyer.

Cheers!

eggz

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans