E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 03:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually you can use a very fine sand paper and sand the wax off and repolish will help. This is what I usually do. My car got no droppings....
Old 06-24-2004, 03:57 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Jun 24 2004, 05:48 AM
JDN i tell u wots our problem here n believe me they r 10x worse than dead bugs. We have probably the nastiest crow's crap in the world. Leave it overnite n it will eat into your paint. Cleaning it needs skill as well...u got to soak them in water for a good 3 mins b4 u even try to wipe it or they scratch ur paint.
toto, I have been experimenting with a product called Rejex. Should work well on crow doodoo. It is a polymer substitute for waxing. So far, it seems equally effective at protecting and enhancing the paint and is so much easier. Even though it is made in Dallas, I get a better price out of Bethel-Marine in Florida. You might have to prepay for an International shipment. Maybe a couple of you could try it and give testimonial to the rest.

I tried it on a red Miata, racing green pickup, and a red Pontiac last week. I also did my wife's gold Lincoln. All turned out good, but the Lincoln paint was the best. It must be easy or I wouldn't be volunteering to do all these cars. I still have about a third or more of the first bottle left.

http://www.bethel-marine.com/CorrosionX_4A.htm

More info on the product available at:

http://www.corrosionx.com/articles/AvConsumer4_03.pdf
Old 06-24-2004, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

Visited PML today to highlight these problems:

1. CD player always return to first track after re-starting. I was told this can be solved by Version 12 software upgrade.
2. Steering wheel "forget" to return to position - SE say this can be solved by V11.3 upgrade but might as well wait for V12 which is coming in a couple of weeks' time. I gave the SE my number for him to contact me the moment V12 arrive.
3. Replaced the air-con vent (indented) at extreme left (passenger side) which cannot be closed - shutting it still allow air-con to come out!
4. Have the service manager checked the part for the re-chargeable torch - I reported in a thread that I pried open the plastic cover in the glove compartment and saw the wire harness complete with the adapter - they found the part and I believe my car would be the only one now to come with a rechargeable torch in the glove compartment.
5. They programmed the mirrors to fold on locking with the key.
6. They replaced a damaged cup-holder (extreme left)
7. Guys, you should try to feel for some protusions on the side of the comfort seat (see attached pic) inherent in ALL E60 with comfort seats. These protusions feel like slightly raised springs from the inside and make the leather more prone to being rubbed and damaged - they offered to indent new leather for mine.

Parts executive also told me that bluetooth is now approved. Confirm that SE P900 is not compatible - still SE T610, Siemens 55 and $^%%^%. I volunteered my car to become guinea pig for retro-fit, he says might take a couple of days and cost some S$2500.00. Maybe can ask for some discount if they are going to try on my car!!!

Also found out that there probably ain't a wire harness for the trunk release button although this is a feature for US and Japan market. The parts executive had a fax (from whom I do not know) to prove it.
Attached Thumbnails E60 for Singaporeans-e60seat.jpg  
Old 06-24-2004, 07:12 AM
Members

olivin, your leather is too dry. Can tell from the pic. I suggest you use the bmw leather care every week and your leather will look new everytime. <_<
Old 06-24-2004, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Jun 24 2004, 08:16 AM
Parts executive also told me that bluetooth is now approved. Confirm that SE P900 is not compatible - still SE T610, Siemens 55 and $^%%^%. I volunteered my car to become guinea pig for retro-fit, he says might take a couple of days and cost some S$2500.00. Maybe can ask for some discount if they are going to try on my car!!!
Finally! sure took them a long time. Let us know how the retrofit goes.

I'll probably send in my car for v12 upgrade, creaking doors and the BT retrofit once v12 is available. Any mention if v12 enables mp3 playback?

eggzh
Old 06-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sg520i' date='Jun 24 2004, 09:12 AM
olivin, your leather is too dry. Can tell from the pic. I suggest you use the bmw leather care every week and your leather will look new everytime. <_<
Thanks sg520i, you might be right.

Showed the damage to the Service Consultant from Germany, and he also concurred that the spring just beneath the leather is prominently protuding.

They are updating this problem into their database as this is definitely present in all 530is.

This is however NOT present in 520s as it does not have comfort feature. In fact, the seat in the 520s reminded me of those I had in my E39 (Montana Leather) which I did not even use any leather care and it was good (no cracking or damage like this) for 8 solid years.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Jun 24 2004, 09:35 AM
I'll probably send in my car for v12 upgrade, creaking doors and the BT retrofit once v12 is available. Any mention if v12 enables mp3 playback?

eggzh
Oops, forgot to ask. <_<
Old 06-24-2004, 02:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Jun 24 2004, 10:36 AM
[quote name='sg520i' date='Jun 24 2004, 09:12 AM'] olivin, your leather is too dry. Can tell from the pic. I suggest you use the bmw leather care every week and your leather will look new everytime.? <_<
Thanks sg520i, you might be right.

Showed the damage to the Service Consultant from Germany, and he also concurred that the spring just beneath the leather is prominently protuding.

They are updating this problem into their database as this is definitely present in all 530is.

This is however NOT present in 520s as it does not have comfort feature. In fact, the seat in the 520s reminded me of those I had in my E39 (Montana Leather) which I did not even use any leather care and it was good (no cracking or damage like this) for 8 solid years. [/quote]
wow...u had ur e39 for 8 long years!
Old 06-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Senior Members

i hope this works...

pics of my car

http://community.webshots.com/user/totoseow
Old 06-24-2004, 05:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Jun 24 2004, 07:17 PM
i hope this works...

pics of my car

http://community.webshots.com/user/totoseow
Nice! That new grill looks great! Hmm now I'm tempted to change as well.

Nice number plate too!

eggz

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans