E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worst is the csa always say "i tink...I am not so sure....let me check it out....couldn't find the fault, leave your car here for few more days". I really sick of these. I know the car is new but atleast they are properly trained to do the job.

You are right. The driving pleasure keeps us going back. If not, long ago already switch to jap. I have been driving jap car for 10 years. Not a single problem until the 9yrs before scrap. However, it was just a minor service. That was a honda concerto. I switched to a e46 320 in 2001, I started to visit workshop in the first year. I sold away in 8mths and went for the c200k. My nightmare follows and worst still, insomia! I kept telling myself to give this merc another chance after every service and finally when it reached 2yrs old, i dumped her. I really ran out of gas to burn anymore.

My friend was telling me that it could be my luck. I wasn't believe him for awhile so I kept trying to get new conti car. In the end, I believe this wasn't luck anymore. It is the system that car manufacturer built getting more complicated and prone to have more errors.

I went in PML 3 times to fix the previous issues. Some still outstanding. Going in again probably this week. Tired man...
Old 04-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Members

I think I am the lucky one - my E60 has no problem so far (touch wood). Ya, it is the driving feel of bimmer that makes us go back. No other car in the range (Merc, Lexus, Jaguar, Audi) has the same drive feel. I test-drove the Merc E200 and Lexus ES300 and GS 300 and they were no fight with E60 in terms of drive feel. The Merc is quiet, interior luxurioys but underpowered and engine harsh when pushed. The lexus is very smooth and powerful but the drive feel is unexciting. If only Bimmer can be as reliable as Lexus, we would have everything. But in life, nothing is perfect and you can't have everything. So, we have to decide what we want and live with the setback once we make a choice. I am looking forward to one day when Lexus produces cars with Bimmer drive feel. Then, I will quite certainly switch to driving a lexus. Could the next GS300 be the answer?
Old 04-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Members

Kiasu, i tink you like lexus very much. Esp the GS. I saw the new GS in photo, v nice and bulky like e60. You won't be wrong with a lexus...at least the reliability. The only think I don't like is the interior. It looks like a toyota corolla with more buttons.

Also, some problems come only after 6 months... just joking.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:17 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Guest_sg520i' date='Apr 4 2004, 08:04 PM
I went in PML 3 times to fix the previous issues. Some still outstanding. Going in again probably this week. Tired man...
who did you work with in the service department?
From my previous 320i regular visits, it was embarassing the service center know me so well those ladies at the counter knows me by name. Duhh!

anyway my point is, first visit is Ok.. second visit for the same problem ... tension will be raised. I always demand to speak to the manager or someone who is in charge to take special note.

In your case, I would drive the car there and tell them....
"here is the list of the problems and take your time to go through every single ones and call me when you are done fixing them.. in the mean time hand me the key to the rental car!"

"squeaky ones always get the oil"

cheers
Old 04-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Members

Choy, choy! I can understand why you are upset. Imagine, the damn car cost more than S$200K and yet give problem. My odl E39 also gave problem after 7 years - window cannot wind down, door cannot open, aircon not working, etc. That's why, decided to sell it and buy the E60.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Members

I tink better don't mention his name here...he is v nice and polite...just that he seems to know nothing abt e60 I don't want to spoil his reputation, anyway he is making a living.

You know zag, my previous c200k sent in more than 20 times hahahaha.
Until the service manager has to attend to me personally. Special arrangement were made to pick up the car from me if there is any fault. After remedy, they will send the car back to me. Walau eh....2 yrs of torture...

If this e60 is going to be the same, I will let her go end of the year. I am leaving Jan 05 to USA. My earlier intention is to leave the car for my wife. Now....reconsider. I need to a car to retain the reg no. I may get a small jap car. I thought of mini....oh no...still bmw...
Old 04-10-2004, 06:09 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

This morning cranked the engine and realised the service counter left 7000km only for a four month old. Mileage reads approx 8300km. I figure it will be about 12 to 13K km on the mileage before i need to send in for servicing. That means servicing every six months at the rate it is going!
Looks like the stress level for the 3.0 litre engine is higher than my previous 2.2l on the 320i which is about 18000 km before servicing. Or may be it has been due my heavy foot all the while on the e60!?? I admit I have been free revving till no end coz the fun.

Can you guys share your experience?

Toto, how is your ride so far? last week had fun with a 156 tail gating me aggressively but he couldn't keep up let alone overtake.

cheers.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Members

This morning i pressed few times of the mirror retract button near the door handle on the driver's door. You know what happened beside the mirrors retract???? The steering is able to retract now after I stop the engine! When I start the engine it goes back to where it used to be. Walau....it works!
Old 04-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Senior Members

hi zag...i m driving wif heavy foot as well...appx 13.8/100 now..

alfas r good to race...they r fast. i lost a race on fri nite...lost to a type R integra. he overtook me on road shoulder...

will be sending in my car tomorrow...i hope they can fix the steering...altho its not really bothering me now..
Old 04-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Senior Members

zag...i think its prob due to your heavy foot thats why ur servicing is due much sooner!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans