E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 04:10 PM
zag
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Got my ride back from PML.
Creaks and squeaks seemed fixed. Had wiper assembly replaced as well for the noise i complained. Rear shade as well.
Didn't upgrade the software so I still have a light steering feel. I feel the tighter steering wheel is a tad less direct as experienced on the 520i loaner.

Saw a m-kittted 520i at PML showroom, the M psort kit is on offer for about $4K (list $5800) Very tempting. Those with PDC need to wait for the PDC version stock. While the front bumper design is cool, i feel the back is somewhat not wholesome to the shape. Hm!
toto, did you pay less than $4K for the kit you self import?

By the way, I have my ride dents removed (PDR-paintless dent remover) costing me $60. Very happy that those eye sores are gone.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Senior Members

caught in the act huh? ok...i was just trying to shake this lancer who has been tailgating me dunno for whatever reason since AMK ave 1. had a female friend following behind in her 318 and he had been preventing her from overtaking him as well...so she called me and both of us decided to hv some fun wif him...i basically helped her "create" some space to overtake the dude...

but normally i drive at 60km/h....promise...
Old 01-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Jan 29 2005, 09:53 PM
Guys, something strange is happening to my ride!

It have clocked 20,000 km and when I sent it in for the first oil service (abt 13,000 km), I was a little apprehensive abt the Rear Brake Pads having only 5000 km to go.

In the course of adding 7,000 kms since the oil service, the service indicators for the rear brake pads were reduced to 4,400 km to go while it should have expired probably at maybe 18,000 km.? The queer thing is, it stopped its subtraction at 4,400 and starts to add 100 kms till now and the reading currently shows 4,900 km to go.

Question is - Does the brake pads "heal" by itself or that there is a glitch in the s/w?
[snapback]84470[/snapback]
Sould be totally fine. It could be just a 'rough indication' of how much distance you can travel with that amount of brake pad thickness.

Example you used to drive in the city and you brake 10 times every 5km, then you switch to driving on highways more often than city and you only brake 5 times every 10km. The computer than calculates this info and of course with that amount of brake pad thickness left you can travel more when driving on highways than that of city. Other reasons could be less braking pressure or better braking habits.

Its the same thing as the average fuel consumption reading. If you were to reset it while driving on highway and in city, readings are so much different! Try it. Its the same theroy. Don't worry bout it. System will tell you when to replace the pads.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Jan 29 2005, 08:13 PM
but normally i drive at 60km/h....promise...
[snapback]84638[/snapback]

Yeah right! only when you're on you bike rite?

eggz
Old 01-30-2005, 04:06 AM
Senior Members

Meant to see the Rock since the first incident with LIM. However, understand he's not in town.

I don't care who I see. My time is not as cheap as they envision it to be. Therefore it will be showhand come tomorrow. Someone will walk away a loser.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:40 AM
Members

My Ride: June 2004, 520i, Sapphire Black, Black interior. January 2003, VW Beetle 1.8T, Black Interior & Exterior.

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jan 30 2005, 09:06 PM
Therefore it will be showhand come tomorrow.? Someone will walk away a loser.
[snapback]84755[/snapback]
Hey Edlee,

Good luck & best wishes for tomorrow. Tell us how it goes.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Senior Members

Disappointed. I am truly disappointed.

Belinda Bay and Robert Friend were there. My SA was also present, but she was like a statue. They claim that even though Henry Lim promised me the letter, PML had every right not to oblige. Is this true? Belinda said she wanted to do a "service recovery". All she did was sit around and let the Englishman do most of the talking. At the end of it, she asked me to explain my e-mail msg which was rather personal and aimed directly at Henry Lims' non-professional approach to this whole incident.

I guess what they set up the meeting for was just to TELL me their procedures and also the fact that they were not bending.

Also, I saw the Rock walking around whilst we were in the con room. Belinda noticed that I noticed him, went out and spoke with him and returned. I was really disappointed. I have spoken with the Rock quite a few times. Yet he had no intention of coming in and meeting up with me, at least even to say hello and thanks for supporting PML. Whenever these guys speak with you, they see only your $ and nothing else.

Well, sad to say this, but I am ready to burn the bridge. Friend told me about future developments for PML with new facilities, blah blah blah, but I really am interested no more. This E60 will be the last BMW I drive. Don't any of my friends or business associates ever ask me about BMW or PML. They will definitely get the right feedback.

I will be speaking with my lawyers later this evening to see what I can do. If they feel comfortable with the evidence of the promise made, then we will proceed. If not, then good luck to the others who will inevidently face the same type of problem.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

Ed, I don't know what is going on here, but I can't agree with you more that only $$$ gone into their minds, customer relationship management is non-existence. When I fedback that my buying experience was far from pleasant, no one called me back for details. Obviously PML thinks that my money was already in its pocket, it no longer pays to follow up. But then why bother to ask for feedback in the first place?

I am not sure if burning the bridge is wise. Your car is still under warranty, you will still need to seek PML's help in any future warranty claims. Why not take a step back and see if there is anything you and PML can do. Once you walk out, they pop the champagne and celebrate. Don't let them have their ways, obviously this is what they want, otherwise they would have done all they can to help you.

Well, I am not aware of what is going on, but I advocate maintaining an amicable relationship between owner and agent. Live and let live.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:38 AM

tategoi, thanks for letting me listen to your sound system at the meetup on Sunday.

It's kick ass!

Edlee, next time we have a E60 get together, must try your Logic7 and compare....

Hope you'll be able work things out with PML eventually.

eggz
Old 01-31-2005, 05:53 AM
Senior Members

Hey guys, thanks. Will fill you in when we meet. Not very nice to go into details over the net.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans