Tires & Wheels Ask all of your Tire & Wheel questions here!

Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi Jet Black

Originally Posted by CampioniShop
Forgestar wheels have custom offsets. They'll make anything within their range of offsets and widths
Forgestar's website says they have custom offsets, but when you try and order the F14s in a 20" staggard setup, it is not available.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Go_Fork_Urself
thanx,my friend just told me he's running 20x 11's all around.
looking at his car ,having same sizes all around dosnt look that bad

err, those do not look like 20s to me...
Old 05-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Senior Members

just an update......

i spent today finally installing my KW V3's w/ all new strut mounts on my XI at Endless Details. Took us about 4 1/2 hours including quick lunch brake but i am very picky (torque ever bolt), HAHA. all i can say is definatly spend the $$$$$ and buy V3's. don't go with just H&R springs. the car rides soooooooo smooth and grips the corners and i still left about a finger gap because i drive alot and was aiming more for comfort rather than performance. although it gave me the best of both worlds. i set both the rebound and dampning right in the middle (50%). as far as adjustment of the coils, it has about a 2" drop all around right now but after it settles i will re-adjust it. quality is amazing as it dropped right in and i didn't encounter any problems at all! thanks again to Kevin @ ModBargains for the great price. i will post pics tomorrow after i wash the car.

p.s. sorry i forgot to call you Vlad but i didn't decide to do it today until 11pm last night.

here's a teaser pic of the fronts

Front Before

Front After

Old 05-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

oh and BTW.....i have NOT noticed any clicking noises yet
Old 05-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

i'm gonna wait a week for it to fully settle and then drop the front maybe like another 1/4" and then put 10mm spacers on the rear

Old 05-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Nice drop!!!

Originally Posted by jay bimma
i'm gonna wait a week for it to fully settle and then drop the front maybe like another 1/4" and then put 10mm spacers on the rear
Old 05-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Wow

the drop looks so good, congrats ... money well spent

Old 05-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Black E61 530Xd - M-sport - Comfort - Advantage

just an update......

i spent today finally installing my KW V3's w/ all new strut mounts on my XI at Endless Details. Took us about 4 1/2 hours including quick lunch brake but i am very picky (torque ever bolt), HAHA. all i can say is definatly spend the $$$$$ and buy V3's. don't go with just H&R springs. the car rides soooooooo smooth and grips the corners and i still left about a finger gap because i drive alot and was aiming more for comfort rather than performance. although it gave me the best of both worlds. i set both the rebound and dampning right in the middle (50%). as far as adjustment of the coils, it has about a 2" drop all around right now but after it settles i will re-adjust it. quality is amazing as it dropped right in and i didn't encounter any problems at all!

I just can´t wait until the end of this month when I´m getting my KW3...blaah this waiting is annoying
I have the same purpose, because I´m also driving a lot so I want atleast a bit of comfort.

Its really nice to hear your experiences about the assembly and the ride good job mate and thanks for the info.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

What a transformation J! Congratulations, Brother! I hope the coils (and the car) serve you well and long It looks great with your summer wheels and the car is totally transformed.

That said, IF I'm still in the "modding business" when the time comes, I'll still probably be doing the Bilstein B8's and H&R springs - but for now I've got other things to concentrate on.

Anyway, congrats, J and thanks for sharing!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Sorry guys, KSports don't support Xi

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi