I get a lot of questions about Xi cars, most dealing with wheel options for AWD E60/E61 cars. Seems to me that a LOT of people with Xi's do not know their options fully, so I'm posting this thread in order to expand the knowledge and shed some light on one of the darkest areas of Xi ownership.
First, let's talk about offsets. Original offsets on Xi's are ET43, but even a child can tell that our OEM wheels sit pretty deep, so you can definitely go a lot more aggressive. Do not go by what the vendors tell you - they have less idea about what wheels fit Xi's than you, in most cases. I've spent a considerable amount of time interviewing members on this forum with Xi's and aftermarket suspensions and wheels. So far, the most extreme offsets that anyone (known to me) has successfully run on a dropped Xi was Calton (C's Bimmer) with his previous car - '07 530Xi. His net offsets were ET30 and ET32 front and rear, respectively. That expands your wheel options almost indefinitely, as now you can even get Breyton GTS-R's with ET30 offsets in front, which is NOT anything you'll ever read on tirerack.com or any other sire AFAIK
Here's a list of wheels (with links where I had them) that I know fit Xi's:
1. VMR and Miro wheels - nearly all of their wheels come in offsets that would work on Xi. We have plenty of vendors on this forum who carry either of these brands and these are the best-known options for Xi's.
2. Vorsteiner CS-01 (and possibly other models - you'd have to look through Vorsteiner's web site to see the available offsets and hub sizes to make sure). Currently, [email protected]
has a standing deal on these where he states that he'll beat anyone's price on them. Search through the classified threads to find.
3. The TE37 reps that PTL recently posted a thread about. Here's the link to their site: http://varrstoen.com/shoponline19.html
4. Various Breytons (a whole LOT more than tirerack.com shows!!!) - if you can search inet for Breyton's available offsets, check out all rims they offer with ET30-ET43 offsets. Anything in that range should work on the Xi. But keep in mind that the hub size is also something to consider.
Breyton Race GTS:
5. Forgestar F14's and possibly their other models.
I'll be updating this thread with pics and any new findings as I come across them, and I encourage everyone to participate. If any vendors want to post their deals, available wheels or any comments whatsoever, I'm sure we will all be thankful, as the Xi community is something of a "black sheep" of the E60 circle and we really don't get enough information OR modding options.