Tires & Wheels Ask all of your Tire & Wheel questions here!

Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Are you sure? AFAIK Miro 346 only available ET35 for the front & few choices such as ET33 rear aside from ET40 ... the back of the spokes should have the stamp.
Well ... I thought I was, I removed the spacer today (I installed a 10mm spacer instead last night) and looked @ the back of the wheels and voila! et40's in the rear and et35's in the front. When I placed the order for my wheels, I specified that I wanted the most aggressive offset. It was my fault that I didn't check. That's why I wanted to install a 5mm spacer to see if we can get away with a et30 rear but since I couldn't find another 5mm, we found 2 10mm instead just to mess around with it. The look of it was awesome!!! but I did get a little rubbing only on dips and it wasn't bad @ all, if you roll your fenders I don't think you'll have any issues. Since I didn't wanna go that route, I ordered spacers from these guys Motorsport Technologies, they can custom make any size spacers you want and since I was rubbing just a tad with the 10mm with an offset of 40 wheel, I ordered an 8mm instead.

I took some pics ... et40 with 10mm spacers, they're not the greatest pics but just to give you guys some ideas.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Yep ... on Spring 2 yrs ago when i got mine the 1st time (afaik the 1st Miro 346 on e60 xi) they only got 2 very popular high offsets for 3-series ET35 & ET40 (back then they the only one that got aggressive offset compare to VMR) but then few months after that I heard due to demand on e9x world Miro released ET33 for the rear and sure is they came out on Summer '08 ... some vendors in eBay mistakenly put ET38 which turned out to be wrong when I checked w/ Miro.

So by using 8mm spacer on the rear you pretty much nail it ... should look good

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60
Well ... I thought I was, I removed the spacer today (I installed a 10mm spacer instead last night) and looked @ the back of the wheels and voila! et40's in the rear and et35's in the front. When I placed the order for my wheels, I specified that I wanted the most aggressive offset. It was my fault that I didn't check. That's why I wanted to install a 5mm spacer to see if we can get away with a et30 rear but since I couldn't find another 5mm, we found 2 10mm instead just to mess around with it. The look of it was awesome!!! but I did get a little rubbing only on dips and it wasn't bad @ all, if you roll your fenders I don't think you'll have any issues. Since I didn't wanna go that route, I ordered spacers from these guys Motorsport Technologies, they can custom make any size spacers you want and since I was rubbing just a tad with the 10mm with an offset of 40 wheel, I ordered an 8mm instead.

I took some pics ... et40 with 10mm spacers, they're not the greatest pics but just to give you guys some ideas.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535xi

Nice JeRZee, thanks for checking this out. It looks like 30 might be a tad aggressive for the back without fender rolling, but with the roll, and a tiny bit of camber, that would by hype.

By chance, did you try anything on the front? I've seen quite a few wheels with ET30 for the fronts, but I wasn't sure if that would be too aggressive. From pictures, it looks like ET35 has a little room, but I wasn't sure how much.

In any case, it appears that the 8mm on the rear will be perfect. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60

Old 04-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krusty Clown
Jay, how do you have your V3's set (height, stiffness, etc), and are you happy with the ride?

By the way, how hard is it to adjust ride height and stiffness? Do you have to take the wheels off for both? My only experience is with d-specs on my G35, and you could adjust the stiffness from the top without taking the wheels off.

Just curious...
I received a nice little email today from UPS. My KW's left Frankfurt today in the air (not boat thank god). They should be at my door on Thursday and i just so happen to have Friday off of work. Christmas is coming VERY early this year
Old 04-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535xi

Noooiiiiicccceeee!

I can't wait to see pictures!

Originally Posted by jay bimma
I received a nice little email today from UPS. My KW's left Frankfurt today in the air (not boat thank god). They should be at my door on Thursday and i just so happen to have Friday off of work. Christmas is coming VERY early this year
Old 04-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Jay, you should know I'm pondering a drive to CT to observe the install

And yes, I have Friday off as well
Old 04-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Senior Members

vlad, the drive is not that bad man...bout an hour doin normal speed. i'll shoot you a text on thursday night to let you know if i will be installing on friday
Old 04-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Members

My Ride: Carbon black m sport package 535xi. Natural brown interior with black diamond trim. Dinan stage 2.

Keep us posted on how they feel!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by jay bimma
vlad, the drive is not that bad man...bout an hour doin normal speed. i'll shoot you a text on thursday night to let you know if i will be installing on friday
Old 04-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Members

My Ride: E61Xi Pre-LCI 2005

Just to let You know guys;

I know I am speaking of behalf of many E6x Xi owners from Scandinavia. Who BTW has probably bought their car used from Germany

We are eagerly waiting for results!!

Live long and X-Drive.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi