Tires & Wheels Ask all of your Tire & Wheel questions here!

Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

20" m6 replicas et35 on both 8.5 front 9.5 rear in matte black finish for a white 2009 528 xi....should look nice. I'm not planning on lowering the car so I wanted to fill the wheel well as much as possible. Now all I have to do is get the right size tire! Any recommendations?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

245/30/20 front and 285/25/20 in the back are the default sizes. I didn't realize you went with 20's - you still might have to roll the fenders in the back. But don't worry yet - get them on the car first.

There has been some talk about 20's actually not looking good without a drop on the E60 in general - this is from a while back, some of our long-time members can clue you in better. I think, they will look great - based on the several non-lowered Xi's with 20's, that I've seen in person.

Congrats! Can't wait to see how they look on that AW beauty
Old 02-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 bmw 530xi

hey v is your car lowered or are you thinking about lowering it?
Originally Posted by v_therussian
BTW I'm not sure I've mentioned this in here, but I personally have finally picked myself up a set of 19's. I ended up going with a square set of 8.5x19 BBS's. They are presently awaiting some tires and warmer weather.

I'm still on the hunt for those dampers - hoping to score a full set at a good price by the time driving season starts, so I can get everything installed, aligned and tuned by the middle of April, or so

Wish me luck
Old 02-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 09 535i Xdrive Technology package Premium Package Audiophile Sound Package

BTW I'm not sure I've mentioned this in here, but I personally have finally picked myself up a set of 19's. I ended up going with a square set of 8.5x19 BBS's. They are presently awaiting some tires and warmer weather.

I'm still on the hunt for those dampers - hoping to score a full set at a good price by the time driving season starts, so I can get everything installed, aligned and tuned by the middle of April, or so

Wish me luck
Can you share with us which model BBS's you bought and tires you are contemplating? It seems you are the resident guru on xdrives and I for one would appreciate knowing your choice.Thanks in advance!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by harlem
hey v is your car lowered or are you thinking about lowering it?
I have the H&R springs already and I just ordered my Bilstein B8 shocks/struts from Michael (Acute Performance)

Originally Posted by ottawarealtor
Can you share with us which model BBS's you bought and tires you are contemplating? It seems you are the resident guru on xdrives and I for one would appreciate knowing your choice.Thanks in advance!
Rims BBS CK. Tires - I'm hoping for a set of Nitto NT05 tires

I'm the Xi'entist
Old 02-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Car

I have the H&R springs already and I just ordered my Bilstein B8 shocks/struts from Michael (Acute Performance)
I thought these were not available in the US. Did something change?
Old 02-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 09 535i Xdrive Technology package Premium Package Audiophile Sound Package

Rims BBS CK. Tires - I'm hoping for a set of Nitto NT05 tires

I'm the Xi'entist
Nice choice.I looked at Tirerack and they don't seem to have the 19's for some reason Where did you pick them up please?
Old 02-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

BTW the AluFelgen SF-71 will fit the E60 Xi with an et35/35 offset 19x8.5/9.5

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 02-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ottawarealtor
Nice choice.I looked at Tirerack and they don't seem to have the 19's for some reason Where did you pick them up please?
I picked them up from an e46fanatics classified. They have ET35 offsets all around and are 19/8.5 square setup. When you look on tirerack.com, browsing by car's make/model, they will only list those wheels that have been "added" in their system. The whole point of this thread was to educate Xi owners that there is whole world of rims available to us OUTSIDE of what tirerack and BMW offers.

For instance, MOST F10/F01 rims fit. Lots of X3/X5/X6 rims fit... basically there are so many to list, that it is easier to teach you the offsets and size and let you search for yourself. Keep in mind also the bolt pattern. As long as these three are acceptable, you'll be

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
BTW the AluFelgen SF-71 will fit the E60 Xi with an et35/35 offset 19x8.5/9.5

Michael
Acute Performance
These are some GREAT looking wheels.

And an early "plug" for Michael - another member with an Xi, and myself just ordered a set of Bilstein B8's, each, from him at an awesome price. I will do a proper write-up when I get everything installed.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Senior Members

I got style 128 wheels. Offset 46 in front and 51 in rear for 535xi. 10mm in the front and 15 mm spacers in the rear. No vibration at any speeds. What an upgrade for cheap and a beautiful set of OEM wheels.

Sitting slightly high but KW Coils seem not good for this car. Many acquaintances and friends have had issues with them. Not looking to track the car so that isnt for me. Doesnt seem like anything else is out there! Theres really no other option since XI are so limited. Would like to do Koni Yellows and Pro Kit Springs but not available. Hopefully can invest in downpipes and FMIC instead!

Stock look first then new look.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi-photo_1.jpg   Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi-photo_2.jpg   Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi-photo_3.jpg   Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi-photo_4.jpg  

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheels and suspensions for Xi