Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

This health care reform debate is crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1' post='977594' date='Aug 15 2009, 11:39 AM
Medicare is nearly bankrupt. Social security is likewise nearly bankrupt. Physicians accept medicare only because their income can be "propped up" by payments from patients with private insurance. Physicians could not afford to run their offices and pay their office staff and malpractice insurance premiums if they had to rely solely on payments from medicare and medicaid. This is why physicians limit the numbers of patients with medicare and medicaid in their practices. Physicians actually lose money on medicaid office visits where I live.
+1...that is also why the number of patients in an MD's office is so high...they have to increase their volume to supplement for all the cut backs and denials by medicare. Usually an MD office that is not over booked and you don't have to wait 30-90 minutes to see the doctor are cash based. It's sickening to see the reimbursement for procedures from medicare.

And guess who a lot of these private ins companies model their regulations and payment options from...that's right, medicare...because it is so strict and pays/covers crap...

My clinic does not see medicaid/medical...we do accept medicare...but the they have went ahead and pre set a cap of ~$1600 for outpatient PT services...trying rehabing a total knee replacement or rotator cuff repair in that allotted budget....
Old 08-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='977600' date='Aug 15 2009, 02:45 PM
+1...that is also why the number of patients in an MD's office is so high...they have to increase their volume to supplement for all the cut backs and denials by medicare. Usually an MD office that is not over booked and you don't have to wait 30-90 minutes to see the doctor are cash based. It's sickening to see the reimbursement for procedures from medicare.

And guess who a lot of these private ins companies model their regulations and payment options from...that's right, medicare...because it is so strict and pays/covers crap...

My clinic does not see medicaid/medical...we do accept medicare...but the they have went ahead and pre set a cap of ~$1600 for outpatient PT services...trying rehabing a total knee replacement or rotator cuff repair in that allotted budget....
$1600 cap to rehab at total knee replacement? That's absurd. Doesn't the rehab/PT sessions go on for months, multiple times per week. You'd do better financially flipping burgers.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='977614' date='Aug 15 2009, 12:07 PM
$1600 cap to rehab at total knee replacement? That's absurd. Doesn't the rehab/PT sessions go on for months, multiple times per week. You'd do better financially flipping burgers.
for OP PT services it's ~$1600 allotted, there is a list of special diagnosis's where you can extra money, ~$1500 more...but after that...that's all you get for the entire year...hopefully they don't have any other procedures done that require PT with in that year.

funny loop hole, an OP clinic in a hospital does not fall under the cap...it's as if the government wants us free standing private clinics to close or something....and as expected...almost every local hospital OP PT clinic has a waiting list for chronic conditions to be treated..they only treat post-op cases, as those are deemed priority....

***regulations, caps, and over crowding is due to both the misuse and mis-management of a government provided system...wonder what will happen if it's not just our retired/geriatric population using a government run system....
Old 08-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='977649' date='Aug 15 2009, 04:07 PM
for OP PT services it's ~$1600 allotted, there is a list of special diagnosis's where you can extra money, ~$1500 more...but after that...that's all you get for the entire year...hopefully they don't have any other procedures done that require PT with in that year.

funny loop hole, an OP clinic in a hospital does not fall under the cap...it's as if the government wants us free standing private clinics to close or something....and as expected...almost every local hospital OP PT clinic has a waiting list for chronic conditions to be treated..they only treat post-op cases, as those are deemed priority....

***regulations, caps, and over crowding is due to both the misuse and mis-management of a government provided system...wonder what will happen if it's not just our retired/geriatric population using a government run system....
Gene, the loophole for OP PT services provided by hospitals must be a direct result of the hospitals hiring better lobbyists than private clinics. Washington is all about money -- campaign money.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:54 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Which party is this guy from? I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of some. Not condoning the outfit.

The brainwashing in the US has become rampant. I wouldn't want to live anywhere near DC. History shows that it's going to burn like Rome. The federal gov't is broke financially, morally, and legally. Both parties are a one party cartel.

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it." - Winston Churchill
Old 08-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Dranged, what is your price to save a life? Private insurance pays the price. What is that price? You have no idea. You know why you don't know. They don't know either. They will charge you whatever it costs, whether they win or lose. Please explain how this will be successful and cost effective. What are your cost cutting measures to preserve life without raising taxes?
Old 08-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='977808' date='Aug 15 2009, 09:14 PM
Dranged, what is your price to save a life? Private insurance pays the price. What is that price? You have no idea. You know why you don't know. They don't know either. They will charge you whatever it costs, whether they win or lose. Please explain how this will be successful and cost effective. What are your cost cutting measures to preserve life without raising taxes?
roger, I think you have me confused with someone else. I believe Healthcare should stay privatized. Insurance should be abolished. Things were better when people payed for things themselves. People should pay as they go using untaxed Health Savings Accounts. People should be responsible for their own affairs. Use as much of your own money as you see fit to preserve your life or that of a loved one.

BTW, you Tiger now!!
Old 08-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

With all due disrepect Deranged, you have obviously never been hospitalized recently. An emergency visit and a 4 day hospital stay will make your medical savings plan look like the Astrodome after Hurricane Katrina. I am quite confident you have not paid for any recent medical procedures. Ignorance is bliss. - Tiger
Old 08-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='977876' date='Aug 15 2009, 10:35 PM
With all due disrepect Deranged, you have obviously never been hospitalized recently. An emergency visit and a 4 day hospital stay will make your medical savings plan look like the Astrodome after Hurricane Katrina. I am quite confident you have not paid for any recent medical procedures. Ignorance is bliss. - Tiger
Tiger, you cannot have all or any due respect when you call someone ignorant. Please do not presume to know anything about me or my family.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='977882' date='Aug 15 2009, 11:40 PM
Tiger, you cannot have all or any due respect when you call someone ignorant. Please do not presume to know anything about me or my family.
I did not presume to know anything about you or your family. I only presumed as you suggested, that you had a solution. I merely asked you to substantiate your solution in a real world example. Not surprised at the response.

Quick Reply: This health care reform debate is crazy!