Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Formula 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='874137' date='May 10 2009, 04:44 PM
It must suck to be Rubens Barrichello...

Forever!
Funny...but true!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

The only difference is that it is NOT Spoonface that he has to bend over for...

Damn, Ross Brawn must really hate Barrichello for some odd reason...
Old 05-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by hafnia' post='873548
The F1 cars weighs for the Spanish GP as follows:

Jenson Button Brawn 646,0 kg
Sebastian Vettel Red Bulll 651,5
Rubens Barrichello Brawn 649,5
Felipe Massa Ferrari 655,0
Mark Webber Red Bull 651,5
Timo Glock Toyota 646,5
Jarno Trulli Toyota 655,5
Fernando Alonso Renault 645,0
Nico Rosberg Williams 668,0
Robert Kubica BMW 660,0

Kazuki Nakajima Williams 676,6 kg
Nelson Piquet Renault 677,4
Nick Heidfeld BMW 676,3
Lewis Hamilton McLaren 683,0
S?bastien Buemi Toro Rosso 678,0
Kimi R?ikk?nen Ferrari 673,0
S?bastien Bourdais Toro Rosso 669,0
Heikki Kovalainen McLaren 657,0
Adrian Sutil Force India 675,0
Giancarlo Fisichella Force India 656,0
Thanks for the list. As I keep saying, pole should be about the fastest man/machine. Jenson should not be ahead of vettel but this system allows it. And thanks to the rules,... Massa spoilt it for Vettel who had a great chance of spoiling the party for brawn.

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='874137' date='May 10 2009, 02:44 PM

Forever!
HAHAHA,.. thats what I said before and got some negative feedbback for it. Not that I care but frankly Barri is not fit to be in F1 anymore. Too old and always will be number two driver. Personally think he will be a great test driver because of the experience he has. As for being a top driver,... . ... and as far as being as good as Spoonface (Michael Schumacher)...

On a serious note, do any of you think Brawn will be similar to Eddie Jordon? Remember how Eddie instructed Ralf Schumacher (German) to move over and allow a useless Damon Hill (Brit) to win the race? I would hate to be Rubens.

Today I just watched the first 6 laps, and caught the last 2. Don't think I missed much. Didn't want to watch a procession. For anyone who supports current rules to bring other teams into the running, try and imagine the brawn cars as Mclaren and Red Bull as a ferrari. What damn difference is it. No overtaking, No excitement and yet another procession.

I can't believe what I did. I changed the channel to watch a football match (Man U vs Man City). Damn!!! goes to show how I rate F1 these days since I hate football.

Where and when is the next race guys? Need to set my DVD recorder and thats it. hahaha

Hope you enjoyed the procession of cars going round and round.

cheers all.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='873717' date='May 9 2009, 10:51 PM
According to F1 tech. regs. the weight of the car must be at least 605kg (including the driver), so based on that, if you were to list the cars that qualified in the top ten in terms of amount of fuel on board (lightest to heaviest) it would look like this:-
1) F. Alonso 40.0kg
2) J. Button 41.0kg
3) T. Glock 41.5kg
4) R. Barrichello 44.5kg
5) S. Vettel 46.5kg
6) M. Webber 46.5kg
7) F. Massa 50.0kg
8) J. Trulli 50.5kg
9) R. Kubica 55.0kg
10) N. Rosberg 63.0kg

If Vettel can get past Button, or hang with him for most of the first stint, he could very well win this race, it is very difficult to pass on this track.

Thanks for the explanation
Old 05-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='874214' date='May 10 2009, 05:46 PM
You know,... thats exactly what I have said about Ferrari. They have in one huge step, gone back 20 years. What a joke!!. Majority of the team is still the same except for a few top heads. Their lacklustre performance must be linked to these new heads hence my blame towards that **** stefano chap. And the cheek for him to keep repeating his line,..."we look forward to the next race". Yeah sure,.. that fool can look forward to 2115 for all I care. As long as he remains head of the team, ferrari will never get the glory days.

On a serious note, do any of you think Brawn will be similar to Eddie Jordon? Remember how Eddie instructed Ralf Schumacher (German) to move over and allow a useless Damon Hill (Brit) to win the race? I would hate to be Rubens.

Hope you enjoyed the procession of cars going round and round.

cheers all.
I watched the race on the German RTL channel, where Niki Lauder is their "expert" pre- and post- race commentator. His comments were similar to yours; they have slipped into a weak management and not pushing the team hard to achieve specific results. In the German channel they actually talked about the possibility of Michael Schumacher, sorry, I mean Spoonface taking on that top role. Not convinced about that being a wise choice, he's probably better in an advisory role.

With regards to Brawn giving team orders, well isn't that what they did today with the Rubens 3-stop strategy and Button 2-stop strategy? I know they gave some story about traffic for Button, but why would they publicise that particular Team Radio message to Rubens about their strategy change I don't recall them allowing any other of their key "strategy" Team Radio messages being aloud to be heard by the public. All a little too incidental IMHO... but as always, I'm open to other views. Did anyone else see this as a team orders strategy to ensure they build their lead with their current no. 1 driver?

The race was boring, but they said that it would be up front; very limited overtaking possibilities.... good they made the teams changed their aerodynamics for more overtaking and then put them on a circuit like that Ah well, there's always the next race to look forward to...
Old 05-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='874274' date='May 10 2009, 06:39 PM
I watched the race on the German RTL channel, where Niki Lauder is their "expert" pre- and post- race commentator. His comments were similar to yours; they have slipped into a weak management and not pushing the team hard to achieve specific results. In the German channel they actually talked about the possibility of Michael Schumacher, sorry, I mean Spoonface taking on that top role. Not convinced about that being a wise choice, he's probably better in an advisory role.

With regards to Brawn giving team orders, well isn't that what they did today with the Rubens 3-stop strategy and Button 2-stop strategy? I know they gave some story about traffic for Button, but why would they publicise that particular Team Radio message to Rubens about their strategy change I don't recall them allowing any other of their key "strategy" Team Radio messages being aloud to be heard by the public. All a little too incidental IMHO... but as always, I'm open to other views. Did anyone else see this as a team orders strategy to ensure they build their lead with their current no. 1 driver?

The race was boring, but they said that it would be up front; very limited overtaking possibilities.... good they made the teams changed their aerodynamics for more overtaking and then put them on a circuit like that Ah well, there's always the next race to look forward to...
Thanks for that info from Niki lauda. Its how I see it too. nice to know some other proper experts are on the same wavelength. I am not supporting Ferrari UNTIL they sack Stefano. What a wet blanket he turned out to be.

I also feel Michael ... opps I mean spoonface (just use this name to make the hate MS gang happy) should not and will not take up that job as manager. As a side line adviser it should be ok. Not the hot seat. Michaels expertise is his driving and is best used in how the car drives. In races, he can offer suggestions but the final say needs to done by the driver, his race manager and then team boss. Its great to see Michael though. I was so pleased just to get a glimps of the legend.

Brawn is a smart man. He has been in F1 for a long time and he knows just how to do things diplomatically and without anyone suspecting anything. Switching stratergy midrace in this case must be highly suspect for me. I do know Ross brawn had lots of praise for Jenson some years back and said all jenson needed was a good car and team to give him the race wins. I am fairly sure Brawn would support Jenson more than barri for a few reason of which, (1) jenson is far better than Barri.

Like I have said before, if you are going to bank on a championship winner, pick the best. This sport has no place to promote or spoon-feed the under-achievers. I can never get that one. So, I am sure in the case of Barry, they would have made sure he came out at the back of numero uno driver in Brawn GP. How good it will be. A british team, british owner, British sponsorship (Virgin) and winning with a british driver. They should have gone British racing green with the flag painted on the wings.

For now my kicks to watch real racing comes from MOTO-GP. THe last race was just super to watch Rossi in action. Talk about daring, skillful and entertaining to watch.

cheers guys.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='874137' date='May 10 2009, 08:44 AM

Forever!
Formula 1 Math:

Brawn + Schumi + Rubens + Team Orders = Schumi Wins

Brawn + Jenson + Rubens + Team Orders = Jenson Wins
Old 05-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='875001' date='May 11 2009, 05:35 PM
Formula 1 Math:

and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to work that formula out

In the International Herald Tribune (- yes, on the plane!) I read a quote from Rubens, who stated that because of previous experiences he would ignore any team orders. Now this could again be part of the overall "Braun masterplan" and Rubins may be in on it, i.e. hide the team orders strategy, however it may actually be the start of some Braun team internal conflicts?

(p.s. yet again its more interesting off of the track than it is on the track )
Old 05-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='875001' date='May 11 2009, 06:35 PM
Formula 1 Math:

Barrichello should just be happy to be there (again). He is once again involved with a team that will win both driver's and constructors titles.

Perhaps it was just easier for him when Honda sucked, and he was just there to get paid...
Old 05-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='874298' date='May 10 2009, 11:06 AM
For now my kicks to watch real racing comes from MOTO-GP. THe last race was just super to watch Rossi in action. Talk about daring, skillful and entertaining to watch.
I have been watchin my man Spies take it to Haga in World Superbike. The racing has been amazing this year.

Race 1 is Assen was one best races I have ever seen, Ben is a beast.

Hayden can not handle that Ducati in MotoGP, that bike is trying to kill him.

Quick Reply: Formula 1, 2009