Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Formula 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='875001' date='May 11 2009, 04:35 PM
Formula 1 Math:

Brawn + Schumi + Rubens + Team Orders = Schumi Wins

Brawn + Jenson + Rubens + Team Orders = Jenson Wins
Disagree mate.

Brawn + Schumi + Rubens the slower driver = Schumi Wins

Brawn + Jenson + Rubens the slower driver = Jenson Wins

BTW, Brawn did say post race his man barry was slow mid race. personally if I was barri, I would just Shut up and take the pay. We all know he isn't a capable championship winner. Why does he have to think he is? This guy did well when Honda was running the cars cause at least then he had an excuse to hide behind. Now the old broken record is playing.... "Team orders". Come on Barri, thank your lucky stars you at least get to stand on the gallery with champagne and a trophy before your long over due retirement comes.

Also whats with these so called cream of the crop drivers? Lewis Hamilton and massa have all given up on the title already. What a joke!!! They ought to adopt the never say die till the maths says it cant be done like Schumacher used to do. This is why I don't consider these guys worthy to be called Great drivers. Rubbish!!

If one guy really needs the sack, I vote this guy.
"Domenicali: Ferrari must sharpen up" ... linky.

Team boss Domenicali admitted that such glitches were unacceptable, but said the problems could be solved with hard work rather than personnel changes......
First of all I want to see that what we are doing is the maximum level that we can do.....
Hopefully we will very soon be back at our level of performance and reliability.

What a load of nonsense... soon they will back winning? Doing stuff thats at their maximim? Does this fool live on earth or the moon? I guess he plans to be back on performance in 20 years time. Ferrari with him at the helm have been totally useless since last year. How many screw ups for both his drivers and this year, NO DIFFERENCE.

Please Ferrari, sack this nutter!!! I cant bear to this guy in F1 these days. He is killing all my passion for Ferrari race after race.

cheers
Old 05-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

CNN Breaking News:

-- Ferrari says it will not compete in next year's Formula One championships if new technical rules stay in place.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='876141' date='May 12 2009, 06:32 PM
CNN Breaking News:
That was actually yesterday's breaking news...

Red Bull and Toyota have also said the same. BMW Sauber isn't far away from the same conclusion.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

Could be a bluff, but if not, there could be a lot of Ferrrari employee's looking for a job next season

They have been in F1 for 60 years... Something makes me think that the FIA will back down on this budget capping.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

This is a huge charade.

Mosley has had it, he's the only one not to realize it.
Bernie must soon go also.
These dudes are so full of themselves...

How can they even imagine they can mess with the worlds largest auto manufacturers?

Formula 1 is in a big crises now, do to these "Gods" they think they are.

Too much authority + too much money + too much age = dangerously stupid
Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

I am not already watching at F1 anymore...

Nobody would see F1 anymore without Ferrari
Old 05-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='876267' date='May 12 2009, 06:09 PM
This is a huge charade.

Mosley has had it, he's the only one not to realize it.
Bernie must soon go also.
These dudes are so full of themselves...

How can they even imagine they can mess with the worlds largest auto manufacturers?

Formula 1 is in a big crises now, do to these "Gods" they think they are.

Too much authority + too much money + too much age = dangerously stupid
Absolutely. I too have been singing the same song sincethe late 90s. FIA are medling too much with the rules because of TV rating which both max and Bernie seem to be partners in crime. I can't stand them two.

I would love for Ferrari and the other teams mentioned here to go start their own series. Let them run it themselves rather than have bernie involved. Revisit the rules some 20 years ago and apply them to te cars today. Bring back the man/machine vs other drivers/ cars.

Some years back there was some talk of a break away. I was disappointed nothing came out of it. The teams sold out to the devil (bernie) at the last moment. I want to see Bernie and his lover max stuck with teams like Force India, Williams, Torro Rosso racing in F1 and all having a budget cap of 10dollars to race. And while the big boys are racing in some other series. I would NEVER EVER have to watch F1 racing and instead be happy the other series.

My 2cents

cheers
Old 05-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='876551' date='May 12 2009, 03:04 PM
I would love for Ferrari and the other teams mentioned here to go start their own series. Let them run it themselves rather than have bernie involved. Revisit the rules some 20 years ago and apply them to te cars today. Bring back the man/machine vs other drivers/ cars.
This happened here a on a smaller scale with the Champ Car and Indy Car split. Both sides lost a lot fans and money. They are now one series again and the racing is unwatchable.

F1 is slowly turning into a spec series, this not good at all.

Ferrari should go endurance racing and dominate like Audi has for the last ten years.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='876585' date='May 12 2009, 11:35 PM
This happened here a on a smaller scale with the Champ Car and Indy Car split. Both sides lost a lot fans and money. They are now one series again and the racing is unwatchable.

F1 is slowly turning into a spec series, this not good at all.

Ferrari should go endurance racing and dominate like Audi has for the last ten years.
These people who run these series, have they any clue what the public really want to watch? I am fedup with the two ronies over here in F1. They have made a total wreck of the whole thing.

You have a point. I think Ferrari did mention that they have set a mandate to look for alternative racing for Ferrari. All I can say is, F1 will be the loser of Ferrari do quit. Personally though, Ferrari are bigger than the two ronnies (Max & Bernie).

cheers
Old 05-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='876160' date='May 12 2009, 05:52 PM
That was actually yesterday's breaking news...
Not for CNN, they sent the breaking news minutes before I posted.

Quick Reply: Formula 1, 2009