Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Formula 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='875001' date='May 11 2009, 11:35 PM
Formula 1 Math:

Brawn + Schumi + Rubens + Team Orders = Schumi Wins

Brawn + Jenson + Rubens + Team Orders = Jenson Wins
I don't think he minds if he becomes 1st or not as long as he is in the top 3 again.
But it would be nice if he wins 1st.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='876393' date='May 13 2009, 03:03 AM
I am not already watching at F1 anymore...

Nobody would see F1 anymore without Ferrari
yeah what them loss all the time, I will miss that
Old 05-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='876160' date='May 12 2009, 11:52 PM
That was actually yesterday's breaking news...

Red Bull and Toyota have also said the same. BMW Sauber isn't far away from the same conclusion.
if they all go then there will be not car makers in F1
Old 05-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Some memories are pretty short on here... Ironically it was Ferrari's ongoing penchant for taking Max and Bernie's 30 pieces of silver that scuppered the best chance the F1 teams had in recent years to take top tier motor racing to the next level. Ferrari broke ranks with the other top teams who were members of the GPWC consortium (the breakaway racing series comprising all top F1 constructors at the time) when it unilaterally signed the extension to the Concorde Agreement - effectively undermining the other teams and the intention of the GPWC to set up an independent series to effectively replace F1. The Concorde Agreement was at the heart of the GPWC's desire to get out of F1 as it revenue splits and has, of course, been the primary reason for the greater financial rewards enjoyed by Ferrari compared to those received by the other top teams.

So. Ferrari can't get it both ways. The GPWC would have been the ideal platform for Ferrari to have the technical and budgetary freedom they apparently crave, but they took the man's money when it suited and now they're crying foul when it doesn't. And, frankly, it's a situation they largely created.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='876721' date='May 13 2009, 03:57 AM
Not for CNN, they sent the breaking news minutes before I posted.
Don't read CNN for motorsports news!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='876899' date='May 13 2009, 12:42 PM
Don't read CNN for motorsports news!
yeah read BBC instead or for F1 news
http--www.planet-f1.com-
Old 05-13-2009, 02:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by swajames' post='876768' date='May 13 2009, 03:18 AM
Some memories are pretty short on here... Ironically it was Ferrari's ongoing penchant for taking Max and Bernie's 30 pieces of silver that scuppered the best chance the F1 teams had in recent years to take top tier motor racing to the next level. Ferrari broke ranks with the other top teams who were members of the GPWC consortium (the breakaway racing series comprising all top F1 constructors at the time) when it unilaterally signed the extension to the Concorde Agreement - effectively undermining the other teams and the intention of the GPWC to set up an independent series to effectively replace F1. The Concorde Agreement was at the heart of the GPWC's desire to get out of F1 as it revenue splits and has, of course, been the primary reason for the greater financial rewards enjoyed by Ferrari compared to those received by the other top teams.

So. Ferrari can't get it both ways. The GPWC would have been the ideal platform for Ferrari to have the technical and budgetary freedom they apparently crave, but they took the man's money when it suited and now they're crying foul when it doesn't. And, frankly, it's a situation they largely created.
Actually I disaree. The GPWC was all done to get more money from Bernie and all the teams went along with it. brenie knew it just too well, so did we. Hence when the right time came about, the short-one just up'd his offering and that was it. GPWC was never really in the cards.

However, if i was some other promoter of racing (and I am sure there are few in USA), maybe they could strike up some racing series over here and woo the major players from F1 into their series. Frankly as a racing fan, my loyalty is to the racing teams, racing drivers and racing. It has never been about supporting FORMULA ONE. F1 can go to hell for all I care but so long there is good exciting racing by teams like Ferrari, BMW, Renault (etc) who strive for the BEST and do it at all costs, then they will always have my time.

cheers
Old 05-13-2009, 04:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

And now Renault has announced that it will quit Formula One if the FIA introduces these budget rules for 2010.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 530i M-Sport Carbon Black, black Dakota leather, advantage, comfort and M-Sport package, comfort seats, sport automatic transmission, alarm system, rails, folding and auto dimming mirrors, PDC, xenons, hi-fi loudspeaker system, USB interface, detachable towbar, navi pro, bluetooth phone prep. light package.

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='877039' date='May 13 2009, 06:54 AM
However, if i was some other promoter of racing (and I am sure there are few in USA), maybe they could strike up some racing series over here and woo the major players from F1 into their series. Frankly as a racing fan, my loyalty is to the racing teams, racing drivers and racing. It has never been about supporting FORMULA ONE. F1 can go to hell for all I care but so long there is good exciting racing by teams like Ferrari, BMW, Renault (etc) who strive for the BEST and do it at all costs, then they will always have my time.

cheers
+1
Old 05-13-2009, 06:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='877039' date='May 13 2009, 03:54 AM
Actually I disaree. The GPWC was all done to get more money from Bernie and all the teams went along with it. brenie knew it just too well, so did we. Hence when the right time came about, the short-one just up'd his offering and that was it. GPWC was never really in the cards.

cheers
The GPWC was on the cards, it was just that Ferrari jumped ship as they were offered very beneficial terms. I do agree with you that few of us care about F1 provided the teams that we do follow are racing in the fastest, most technologically advanced series. In some respects I hope this forces a more serious attempt at a manufacturer controlled series. That's got to be the best way forward.

Quick Reply: Formula 1, 2009