Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Formula 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 05:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by littlemouse' post='870797' date='May 7 2009, 10:58 AM
As much as many dislike the man for what he is doing to the sport, you wouldn't wish this on anyone. RIP.
Agreed. Yet it is just another bizarre chapter in the strange Mosley family history.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='871921' date='May 8 2009, 08:38 AM
I remember a couple seasons when Schumi was winning his championships that were beyond boring. Some of the races were unwatchable.
And yet, for Spoonface fans, those were the golden days.

I watched just to see what sort of controversy the FIAT boys could manage during a race weekend.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='871921
+1........2002 was particularly brutal.
Why? Because we got in that year, a super reliable car, coupled to a team way above the rest who also happened to own the best driver out there (best ever in my books)? With that explosive combination it was bound to be a walk over. Blame the others I say. Don't take out the frustrations on the one that got it right.

Thats the problem with the world we live in. So many tend to praise the underachievers but those that are hungry to be the best, we just tend to hit them with a stick. Listen, think back when mclaren won all but one of the races in the season. Who was driving then? Did we all go after the driver or team? Heck,... FIA didn't do much about it.

However for the german, he fought to the very end to get where he was and everything was thrown at him. WHy do you think Alonso won his first championship? Better than Schumi? Give me a break. Its because FIA banned tyre changes and that hurt the ferrari car and manner of driving for Schumacher.

Anyone want to support the losers who were never up to pace 9comparing just driving here),... then go ahead. As far as I am concerned, I will never forget the years when Schumacher came into the sport and gave up endless excitement, race after race of pure brilliance and it was never about the 2002,2003 etc. It was the journey that he took us to get there. Thats the story of it and I will forever be grateful I was blessed to witness a TRUE legend in the making.

Complain all you want... boring is watching some idiots go round and round and round witn nothing much achieved. THe race is boring. Watching a funeral procession is better. The only excitement these days are off track,... etihter FIA taking a team or driver to court or in the pits or spins or who has the better car. The race itself... I can't even bear to write about it.

In the end, its all the moaning of people when Ferrari/schumacher dominated the sport (for being the best) that has brought F1 to want it is today. Hope those who moaned about those years are happy now. I personally will miss the years gone by where racing meant just that... RACING.

cheers guys
Old 05-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

WTF is ferrari doing? Yet again they screwed up at Q1. This time for Kimi. I suspect Ferrari have come into the year over confident. The Schumacher/brawn days have all gone and they need to accept that fact. To win, they need to put in double the effort. I will not be supporting Ferrari anymore UNTIL that bozo Stefano Domeceli gets the SACK!!!.

Even though Kimi said it was his fault (I am sure some will blame spoonface for it) the blame must lie with the one who can have the last say. Stafano should have called for Kimi ti go out as a precaution even though his driver was too lazy. sitting back and not doing what he is paid to do (refering to Stefano), it means he should get the chop. He is totally clueless and useless. Its like asking the a toilet cleaner to take over the post as Operations Manager. Will it ever work? That guy will be out of his depth and thats happening now at Ferrari.

Still can't accept the Q3 format. Dislike the fact that cars can run of different fuel loads and only later today we will see which car as carrying more weight. And it still reveals nothing interms of who might have been on actual pole. BORING!!!

And whats all this so called Budget cap for 2010. Is the ruling body FIA never going to stop this meddling??? I hope it never happens. Frankly its time some of the teams decide to walk away from F1 and start their own race. keep the format simple and it will be a winner. All it takes are the big players like Ferrari, Mclaren, BMW and renault to move out. Let the cheapsate teams like Force India, Williams etc stay in F1 and win races because of rules,... not the team/car/driver.

cheers
Old 05-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 530i M-Sport Carbon Black, black Dakota leather, advantage, comfort and M-Sport package, comfort seats, sport automatic transmission, alarm system, rails, folding and auto dimming mirrors, PDC, xenons, hi-fi loudspeaker system, USB interface, detachable towbar, navi pro, bluetooth phone prep. light package.

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='872717
WTF is ferrari doing? Yet again they screwed up at Q1. This time for Kimi. I suspect Ferrari have come into the year over confident. The Schumacher/brawn days have all gone and they need to accept that fact. To win, they need to put in double the effort. I will not be supporting Ferrari anymore UNTIL that bozo Stefano Domeceli gets the SACK!!!.
Yep, let's face it, today Ferrari is just another mediocre F1 Team - bombed back to the "Alesi days"(was I being rude there)
Old 05-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Kimi did screw up the Q1, I'm sorry and ashamed and so is he.

Chris Dyer was not happy with this solution, a 0,102 second mistake.

Attached Thumbnails Formula 1, 2009-kimi_down_after_spain_gp_quali.jpg  
Old 05-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The F1 cars weighs for the Spanish GP as follows:

Jenson Button Brawn 646,0 kg
Sebastian Vettel Red Bulll 651,5
Rubens Barrichello Brawn 649,5
Felipe Massa Ferrari 655,0
Mark Webber Red Bull 651,5
Timo Glock Toyota 646,5
Jarno Trulli Toyota 655,5
Fernando Alonso Renault 645,0
Nico Rosberg Williams 668,0
Robert Kubica BMW 660,0

Kazuki Nakajima Williams 676,6 kg
Nelson Piquet Renault 677,4
Nick Heidfeld BMW 676,3
Lewis Hamilton McLaren 683,0
S?bastien Buemi Toro Rosso 678,0
Kimi R?ikk?nen Ferrari 673,0
S?bastien Bourdais Toro Rosso 669,0
Heikki Kovalainen McLaren 657,0
Adrian Sutil Force India 675,0
Giancarlo Fisichella Force India 656,0
Old 05-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Oh dear Kimi and Ferrari I think its about time they jumped on the learning curve...

Thanks for posting up the weights Ric. Unforetunately, I can't work out if that means Massa is carrying much less fuel than the others or not? I.e. is he genuinely quick or because of having less fuel on board??

So who's going to make it first through the first curve
- Button fast of the line and holds it?
- Vettel able to hold Massa off?
- Barachello able to trick his way past the front 2?
- Massa finding space and hitting his KERS button to boost his way past the others on the straight?

Old 05-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='873597' date='May 9 2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks for posting up the weights Ric. Unforetunately, I can't work out if that means Massa is carrying much less fuel than the others or not? I.e. is he genuinely quick or because of having less fuel on board??
According to F1 tech. regs. the weight of the car must be at least 605kg (including the driver), so based on that, if you were to list the cars that qualified in the top ten in terms of amount of fuel on board (lightest to heaviest) it would look like this:-
1) F. Alonso 40.0kg
2) J. Button 41.0kg
3) T. Glock 41.5kg
4) R. Barrichello 44.5kg
5) S. Vettel 46.5kg
6) M. Webber 46.5kg
7) F. Massa 50.0kg
8) J. Trulli 50.5kg
9) R. Kubica 55.0kg
10) N. Rosberg 63.0kg

If Vettel can get past Button, or hang with him for most of the first stint, he could very well win this race, it is very difficult to pass on this track.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:44 AM
Contributors

It must suck to be Rubens Barrichello...

Forever!

Quick Reply: Formula 1, 2009