Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Formula 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Best year in a long time, now thing's are really happening.

Ferrari sucks bad, Hamilton did overtake Kimi 3 times(!) and Massas car died,
the Italians cry blood.
McLaren and especially BMW Sauber are so lost...
Heikki did drive nicely but Hamilton did spin three times!
Kubica crashed into Toyota's Trulli really dangerously.

Something will happen, but not yet next week in Bahrain.
In a normal dry race, the Brawn's will rule again,
but look out for Renault's Alonso and Red Bull's Vettel.

A nice and convincing double victory for Red Bull and Vettel and Webber,
congrats!

Attached Thumbnails Formula 1, 2009-red_bulls_vic_in_china_09.jpg  
Old 04-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Good summary Ric, thanks

I really enjoyed the race, plenty of "real racing" brought on by the rain. I watched it on a German channel -- I haven't learnt enough Danish yet! -- so I got to experience all the German excitement of Vettel having such a great race weekend. I like the guy's driving, attitude and genuine all-out passion for F1. Its really refreshing and he's obviously one to watch... along with his team.

Being a Brit, I like to support the fellow country men. I'm kind of torn about Hamilton because of the politics and controversy around him. He can certainly drive and went for it today in the rain, just a shame he span so often As for Button, I have not really followed him too closely and never considered him to be one of the best drivers. He obviously has my attention now!

Like Ric wrote above "Best year in a long time, now thing's are really happening"
Old 04-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Button has been a "promise" for a long time and he's faster than Rubens.
He might be high in points in the end of the season.

We should also note young Sebastien Buemi, who did a really good race.

Most disappointed I'm about Adrian Sutil, who could well have taken
the first points for Force India but didn't have the nerve to do it.

Poor Lewis, he is going true a really bad time...
Old 04-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

The Chinese GP had to be one of the most boring races I have seen in a while. Obviously, the rain had everyone tiptoeing around, which tempered the excitement a bit. No one can be blamed for that. Still, aside from a few ballsy passes, there wasn't much to watch. It is, however, nice to see the playing field leveled a bit and not find a predictable Ferrari/MB podium ceremony every week. I hope BMW Sauber gets it together at some point.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='851943' date='Apr 19 2009, 11:35 PM
The Chinese GP had to be one of the most boring races I have seen in a while. Obviously, the rain had everyone tiptoeing around, which tempered the excitement a bit. No one can be blamed for that. Still, aside from a few ballsy passes, there wasn't much to watch. It is, however, nice to see the playing field leveled a bit and not find a predictable Ferrari/MB podium ceremony every week. I hope BMW Sauber gets it together at some point.
A matter of taste, I would say.

I never sleep better than looking at any oval US car races.
Indy 500 gives me the longest sleep.

I taught, as a long time Formula 1 fan, there was a lot to see and a lot to think about.

The Formula 1's is such an high tech and complex event, that it don't open to someone
who's not really into it.

The fact is, so are the US oval races also, but honestly; driving around in circles???
So does the bored to crazy animals do in a zoo also.

What would happen if any of these drivers should have to make a turn to the right?
All would drive out of the track?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='851943' date='Apr 19 2009, 11:35 PM
+1 Boring! VERY!
Old 04-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='851971' date='Apr 19 2009, 03:53 PM

I taught, as a long time Formula 1 fan, there was a lot to see and a lot to think about.

The Formula 1's is such an high tech and complex event, that it don't open to someone

The fact is, so are the US oval races also, but honestly; driving around in circles???

What would happen if any of these drivers should have to make a turn to the right?
What the hell are you talking about, Ric? Just because I live in the States right now, you assume I'm comparing the Chinese GP to the Indy 500 (not all Indy Car races are oval btw) and saying it's better? WTH? Nice stereotype. I, too, am a long time F1 fan, who has attended GPs in the US and Asia. I've never attended an Indy car race. Who are you to say I'm "not really into it?" Only for as long as I can remember. I guess you have to live in Europe to have a valid opinion about F-1, so I should move back to Holland, right?

Derr, it's such a "high tech and complex event," I just don't get it. I'm surprised you do. Stereotypes have taught me that all Finnish people live in igloos and only race reindeer or snowmobiles, except for the occasional renegade who breaks free and heads south to drive in F-1.

I was talking about today's F-1 race being boring compared to other F-1 races I have seen. Sorry the Finns didn't win today, but get over it and pull your head out of your ass.

GO RIC GO!
Old 04-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='851971' date='Apr 19 2009, 01:53 PM

In fairness, both Nascar and Indy run races on road courses too - and both series have some very talented drivers. Not every Nascar and Indy race is on an oval!
Old 04-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='852010' date='Apr 19 2009, 02:31 PM
What the hell are you talking about, Ric? Just because I live in the States right now, you assume I'm comparing the Chinese GP to the Indy 500 and saying it's better? WTH? Nice stereotype. I, too, am a long time F1 fan, who has attended GPs in the US and Asia. I've never attended an Indy car race. Who are you to say I'm "not really into it?" Only for as long as I can remember. I guess you have to live in Europe to have a valid opinion about F-1, so I should move back to Holland, right?

Derr, it's such a "high tech and complex event," I just don't get it. I'm surprised you do. Stereotypes have taught me that all Finnish people live in igloos and only race reindeer or snowmobiles, except for the occasional renegade who breaks free and heads south to drive in F-1.

I was talking about today's F-1 race being boring compared to other F-1 races I have seen. Sorry the Finns didn't win today, but get over it and pull your head out of your ass.

GO RIC GO!

Old 04-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Contributors

Cool CWS530, we get into a discussion!

Did I say you where not into F1?
Sorry if a went for the US stereotype, but it has some ground learned from this Forum.

We don't live in igloos, it just looks like it in the winter, but we do race with reindeers and snowmobiles
and cars and motorcycles on ice.

But still, the high tech behind the F1's is compared to nothing, as you have followed the F1's, you know it.
There might be even a US team next year.

If you read my resumes about the Chines GP, you'll understand that I didn't give the Finns any good,
Heikki did a nice job but Kimi sucked as did the young Rosberg (half German).

I don't think the F1 is boring at all and it will be my number one sport to watch for years to come.

PS. Are you in to motorcycle racing - MotoGP?
Before baseball, basket and american football and any oval car racing that's my number three.
Number two goes to Ice Hockey

PPS. That great pic must be from Norway or Sweden...

Quick Reply: Formula 1, 2009