E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Audi A8 4.2TDI Previous rides: 2005 E61 530d, 20" Breyton reps, Eibach springs, M5 bumper/mirrors/MFSW 2000 Audi S6 Avant, 18" OZ, RS6 exhaust etc 1998 Audi A8 4,2Q, 19" RS4 wheels, Remus exhaust KW coilovers etc 1986 Audi 100CC, funky fresh steel rims w plastic covers, rubber lip on boot..... 1987 BMW 320i, 15" alloys + rubber lip on boot :) 1982 Opel Ascona 1,6DL, tinted windows and a big-ass subwoofer :P

Yeah considering reliability of my previous A**is an LCI xd was actually my 1st choice, before I discovered I can't re-use my current wheels, steering wheel, mirrors, bumper bla bla bla so then I just gave it up....Don't wanna go through that whole process again for exactly the same parts.

Lights should be a pretty good mod though but I'm still hesitating to fork out on the cables...The offer I got from Bruce was pretty much more than the deal I got on the lights... But I guess it should be possible to get a decent amount back from selling the light kit separately. Also been debating the rear bumper with myself. Not a huge fan of the M and I think Howitzer's ride look spot on with M kit minus the rear. M5 would be nicer but then I need a new exhaust also
Old 03-27-2010, 05:51 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I can sympothise with the transferring mods issue; I am having to sell my pre-9/2005 M5 Mirrors that I used for 4 months and just bought a set of post-9/2005 M5 Mirrors because of the different connectors But everything else could be transferred, because I went for another RWD and M-Sport. If you bought an M-Sport version, you would "only" need to get the Mirrors and wheels sorted As I said before, good luck with the sale etc...
Old 03-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by xBMWx
I can sympothise with the transferring mods issue; I am having to sell my pre-9/2005 M5 Mirrors that I used for 4 months and just bought a set of post-9/2005 M5 Mirrors because of the different connectors.
No one has bought those yet?! That is crazy.

Do you have an advertisement in the for sale section here?

I could post something on Bimmerfest if you want, but it would be a bigger hassle to sell them to someone in the US and A.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Patrick E61
No one has bought those yet?! That is crazy.

Do you have an advertisement in the for sale section here?

I could post something on Bimmerfest if you want, but it would be a bigger hassle to sell them to someone in the US and A.
I haven't actually advertised them yet! I forgot them in Germany at my wife's parents place at Christmas after trading in the E61 for the E60, and therefore could not take any picures. I will do all of that when I am back there in May. But you are right about no-one jumping on these, it surprised me too. I have mentioned it a couple of places and expected someone to buy them... I just had to pay 1000 EUR for a new set and the ones I have are in absolutely mint condition and I will sell them for 700 EUR. I'm in no rush though, just looking forward to getting my new mods some time after Easter...

ps. Patrick, if you haven't already, check out the "Anyone from Scandinavia" post, I am trying to work out what kind of interest we have for a Meet & Greet and which region makes most sense to set something up.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

FINALLY!!!

I pulled the trigger on a nice set of style 167 rims almost new OEM BMW , without any scratches and bumps for only 1500?,+ 100? transport costs.

I am so happy to have found them.

Last week I bought a used diffuser and now it's sitting at the paintshop waiting for new blakc paint.
Mods done so far:

LED lights for licence plate
black kidneys

I will rethink the whole black roof thing, maybe in a couple of months, first of all I want to add the cf splitters at the front.

Ivano
Old 03-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Contributors

That car is going to look awesome Ivano -- congrats on getting that deal on the M167s.

As for the vinyl rap on the roof, I think it is still a good idea, because it will blend well with the Panoramic Roof, window tints, high gloss shaddow line, grills, etc. But it should be gloss black and not matt black IMHO. However, I totally understand you wanting to do one thing at a time and the mods you have planned so far will really transform the car Looking forward to seeing some pics -- lets see who's first between us, because my parts are also ordered / being painted...
Old 03-30-2010, 02:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Well,

as you wrote in another topic, I too wanted to wait until the weather will be fine to take some nice shots.
next week I will have a couple of days off, so I have enough time to make a quick photoshoot.

First I wanted to buy style 166 rims ,PC'ed, but I was to late, someone other bought these rims.
Now I have to go with style 167,personally one of my fav's.

I was all the time like, hmm.. white car --> black rims is a MUST!, but then I thought, don't care, it will sure look fine with these ones..

So, I will feed you with some teasers at the beginning of next week,when the rims will arrive
Old 04-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61 535d

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:43 PM
My mod plans for the spring 2010:

20" BBS CK -> Purchased
Wrapping of interior wood trims with "CF"-vinyl -> Partly done.
Wrapping of outside door trims with "CF"-vinyl
Lowering between -25mm. and -35mm.
M-aerodynamics package
Adding black chrome kidneys to my mod list.. I've never been a big fan of the plain black grille, but this looks just awesome IMO. The M-package is currently at the painter, tires have been mounted to weheels, few int. and out trims stil original and the H&R's I bought from JaU and those should arrive at the end of next week.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by Kuul4
Adding black chrome kidneys to my mod list.. I've never been a big fan of the plain black grille, but this looks just awesome IMO. The M-package is currently at the painter, tires have been mounted to weheels, few int. and out trims stil original and the H&R's I bought from JaU and those should arrive at the end of next week.
Would you like to buy a pair of Bimmian CF grills that have never been installed? I have a pair!

I have the black/chrome M5grills and you are right: they look best!
Old 04-04-2010, 03:22 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61 535d

Originally Posted by Patrick E61
Would you like to buy a pair of Bimmian CF grills that have never been installed? I have a pair!

I have the black/chrome M5grills and you are right: they look best!
Thanks for the offer, but I've already ordered the grilles. And as you said the black chrome look better.. Also as I have the CF-vinyl'd door trims the gloss CF would not go that great with the matte look of the vinyl..

Quick Reply: Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans