E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Here is an idea: start a thread in this forum, asking for the E61 owner's opinion about what is better; modify the M5 mirrors, or sell them.

That would be a fine way to "fish" for potential buyers or get opinions about modding them.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Patrick E61
Here is an idea: start a thread in this forum, asking for the E61 owner's opinion about what is better; modify the M5 mirrors, or sell them.

That would be a fine way to "fish" for potential buyers or get opinions about modding them.
I'm buying new M5 Mirrors with the correct post-09/2005 connector and will not mod the M5 Mirrors from my E61... so I now have a set of 4-month old perfect condition pre-9/2005 OEM M5 mirrors for sale

My current E61-1 mod plans:
I am waiting for a quote to have Eibach Pro springs fitted and am planning on tinting the rear windows to look like the factory option Individual Sun Protection Glass.
Also thinking about adding M5 Trunk Finisher and M5 Trunk Spoiler, but will probably leave them for another time.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

Guys,

If by chance someone is looking after a real nice set of M135s in a perfect shape + Bridgstone Potenza's RFTs 18" on them (2 very good ones, 2 to be replaced next season + 2 brand new ones extra!), I have a set coming out of my E60 M-sport. First owner, careful driver, took always a real good care of them. (hand wash only)
But really, really want to get those 128s 19" for this summer ...
So, M135s must go...

They're currently on German eBay, if interested - please PM me: we can arrange it either through, or without eBay.
Some EU members around here know my car and my wheels, so I'll get some recomendations, if necessary

I'll post an add in the "Private Member Classifieds" section soon with more precise info and pics, but I'm just letting know around...
Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans-m135_1.jpg
Old 03-12-2010, 05:14 AM
mvd
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E63 650i

Originally Posted by mvd
New wheels for summer

8.5/10x20

Just noticed that color is wrong, they are actually very dark gray not black...and tires are fitted on them...
Next mod will be CF on interior and black leather sport interior...
Old 03-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by mvd
Just noticed that color is wrong, they are actually very dark gray not black...and tires are fitted on them...
I also like the CF interior trim. I think that it would go perfectly with an Alcantra leather headliner...
Old 03-25-2010, 06:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by mvd

Nice choice of rims

Nice to read you also plan to fit tyres to the rims, even though they would still be more comfortable than RFTs if you didn't

CF interior sounds great with black leather

Quick update on my E61(-1) plans
(I know, I should really stop posting here, but I know you guys and I can't find a similar post in the E60 section )

Just ordered
- M5 Mirrors (because my current mirrors won't fit because they are pre-9/2005 and my car is 11/2005)
- M5 Trunk Finisher
- M5 Trunk Spoiler

Also getting the rear windows tinted 35%, probably the week after Easter
Old 03-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Audi A8 4.2TDI Previous rides: 2005 E61 530d, 20" Breyton reps, Eibach springs, M5 bumper/mirrors/MFSW 2000 Audi S6 Avant, 18" OZ, RS6 exhaust etc 1998 Audi A8 4,2Q, 19" RS4 wheels, Remus exhaust KW coilovers etc 1986 Audi 100CC, funky fresh steel rims w plastic covers, rubber lip on boot..... 1987 BMW 320i, 15" alloys + rubber lip on boot :) 1982 Opel Ascona 1,6DL, tinted windows and a big-ass subwoofer :P

Hey Pete, what's up with pictures of the new ride? Or did I miss that post? The mod list is looking good anyway

And since we're in the mod-thread I figured I'd check if there's any interest for my M5 front brake setup, see pic in page 16 of this thread. Not completely sure I'll get rid of them as of now but the car is up for sale and if I get a decent enough offer to part with it, the brakes need to go as well. They've just been laying around since I got them and the pads are new in box. Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll get back if/when it's time to part with them and we can discuss price etc.

The other M5 stuff will prob go with the car, if not I'll post them here as well.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hilden
Hey Pete, what's up with pictures of the new ride? Or did I miss that post? The mod list is looking good anyway

The other M5 stuff will prob go with the car, if not I'll post them here as well.
The weather has been sooo bad since I bought the car in December and I was not able to fit the M5 Mirrors to the car, so I haven't actually done a photo shoot yet. I'll post something up when I have the new mods fitted and have taken some pics in the sun

So you're selling your car What's next?
Old 03-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Audi A8 4.2TDI Previous rides: 2005 E61 530d, 20" Breyton reps, Eibach springs, M5 bumper/mirrors/MFSW 2000 Audi S6 Avant, 18" OZ, RS6 exhaust etc 1998 Audi A8 4,2Q, 19" RS4 wheels, Remus exhaust KW coilovers etc 1986 Audi 100CC, funky fresh steel rims w plastic covers, rubber lip on boot..... 1987 BMW 320i, 15" alloys + rubber lip on boot :) 1982 Opel Ascona 1,6DL, tinted windows and a big-ass subwoofer :P

Allright, looking forward to that photosession.

Well I'll give the sale a try anyway but if I don't get a decent offer I'll just keep it another while, it's not like I'm suffering right now So far it's mostly fvckin idiots emailing/calling, one with more ridiculous offer than the other but I guess that's life when selling private...

Leaning towards an A8 diesel next since I like those large saloons. 730/45d is nice as well but I do a lot of driving in crappy winter conditions and I've been missing 4wd a little the 2 winters I had the 530. But we'll see. Maybe I'll slap some M sides and LCI rears on ol' faithful and keep on trucking another while
Old 03-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hilden
Allright, looking forward to that photosession.

Well I'll give the sale a try anyway but if I don't get a decent offer I'll just keep it another while, it's not like I'm suffering right now So far it's mostly fvckin idiots emailing/calling, one with more ridiculous offer than the other but I guess that's life when selling private...

Leaning towards an A8 diesel next since I like those large saloons. 730/45d is nice as well but I do a lot of driving in crappy winter conditions and I've been missing 4wd a little the 2 winters I had the 530. But we'll see. Maybe I'll slap some M sides and LCI rears on ol' faithful and keep on trucking another while
it must be late, I thought I read you wanted to get an Audi - J/K, that's pretty good choice considering the driving you are currently doing, although I would like to remind you that BMW does a 530dX M-Sport E60/E61

You might as well enjoy the 5er for the summer and do the mods you stated. I think your car looks great, so those mods would be spot on -- I actually think you should do the rear bumper as well, but appreciate its always a question of how much you are prepared to spend.

None the less, good luck with the sale...

Quick Reply: Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans