E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 04:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by Kuul4
Thanks for the offer, but I've already ordered the grilles. And as you said the black chrome look better.. Also as I have the CF-vinyl'd door trims the gloss CF would not go that great with the matte look of the vinyl..
No worries. I will find a good owner for them and a bunch of other un-installed parts that I have bought and will never use.

I took my E61 to inspection on Wednesday, and in spite of all of their efforts, they were unable to find any faults with the car. What a waste of 80 ?!

I was pleased to find out that I do not need to do anything in terms of inspection for my 19" 166 M summer wheels. I was concerned that these would require a "tyypikatsastus" but I was wrong.

Btw, since there are several of us from Proper Finland, we should arrange a small 5 Series Forums, E61 meet. Even if it was just 3-4 of us! Maybe I could get JaU to buy my LCI v6 cables from Bruce...
Old 04-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61 535d

Originally Posted by Patrick E61
No worries. I will find a good owner for them and a bunch of other un-installed parts that I have bought and will never use.

I took my E61 to inspection on Wednesday, and in spite of all of their efforts, they were unable to find any faults with the car. What a waste of 80 ?!

I was pleased to find out that I do not need to do anything in terms of inspection for my 19" 166 M summer wheels. I was concerned that these would require a "tyypikatsastus" but I was wrong.

Btw, since there are several of us from Proper Finland, we should arrange a small 5 Series Forums, E61 meet. Even if it was just 3-4 of us! Maybe I could get JaU to buy my LCI v6 cables from Bruce...

I think the the limit is 2" if you put on bigger wheels. Meaning that if you have 18" marked in the registration then you would need to go for 20's for having to do that "tyyppikatsastus" or is it "muutoskatsastus"??

Meeting would be a good idea, but maybe in the summer time, so that I can get my mods done..
Old 04-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by Kuul4
I think the the limit is 2" if you put on bigger wheels. Meaning that if you have 18" marked in the registration then you would need to go for 20's for having to do that "tyyppikatsastus" or is it "muutoskatsastus"??

Meeting would be a good idea, but maybe in the summer time, so that I can get my mods done..
Apparently, it is a 1" increase that is allowed without any additional inspection/???. That is what they told me, but it also depends on the increased tire size.

And I am not sure what the inspection type is actually called - type, or change. At least now, I am not worried about it!

Yes, lets do a meet when we get closer to June. We will spend most of our summer at our mökki in Kemiö, but I can easily drive from there to somewhere else. We could meet in Fiskars, Dalsbruk, Salo... where ever.

Anyway, we have to think about it! Nice place, clean cars, mods installed, good pics, etc.!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:10 AM
JaU
Members

Hi,

Long time no see..

First of all I'll have to ask that Patrick were you in Eura on Saturday evening?

1 inch bigger diameter is allowed, but more than that...not in inspection anyway

We can arrange a meet but you can't convince me to buy those cables
I've already bought OEM Retrofit Cables and complete set of LCI-lights.
But maybe you could buy them from me

It would be nice to keep that meet a little bit later. My car will look like a Tractor after I change the summertyres, because all the parts needed are not home yet

Btw...Something new to add on the list (of ordered or bought, but not completed mods).
I ordered new brakes. Perforated discs and (hopefully) better pads too

Summer should be near, so I already switched the engine software from Eco to Summer-mode
Old 04-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Would you like to buy a pair of Bimmian CF grills that have never been installed? I have a pair!

I have the black/chrome M5grills and you are right: they look best!
What grills do you have? Is that like the OEM Black Gloss Grills that BMW now sells as an aftermarket Part?

You could post up a pic as well
Old 04-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Members

M-tech Kit.....M5 mirrors...and I'm still thinking about what else I can do to these rims to make them look a lil better.....any ideas?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx
What grills do you have? Is that like the OEM Black Gloss Grills that BMW now sells as an aftermarket Part?

You could post up a pic as well
They are the standard M5 grills, which have chrome on the vertical slats. The OE grills that came with the car just had black slats.

I bought the Bimmian CF grills last fall. They look great, but I decided not to install them... Just like the ACS handbrake cover, ACS iDrive Controller, LCI rear lights, M5 lighted SMG shifter, etc.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:00 AM
mvd
Members

My Ride: E63 650i

M5 lighted SMG shifter, etc.
What wait what...is that "bolt-on" to cars with normal automatic gearbox?
Old 04-07-2010, 02:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mvd
What wait what...is that "bolt-on" to cars with normal automatic gearbox?
Yes.

I bought the wiring harness from a member here (he makes them by hand) and then ///Marco.it ordered the shifter from his dealership in Italy. The shifter was 95? cheaper from Italy...
Old 04-07-2010, 02:14 AM
mvd
Members

My Ride: E63 650i

Yes.

I bought the wiring harness from a member here (he makes them by hand) and then ///Marco.it ordered the shifter from his dealership in Italy. The shifter was 95? cheaper from Italy...

Cool....i need to order those too....who makes harness? Do you have part number for shifter?

Quick Reply: Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans