E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61 535d

The waiting game is a killer! I have my new mods on order and am waiting for that phone call / email from Schmiedmann to tell me they are painted and ready for shipment...
Hope you find someone who can get your suspension done a little quicker.
I got some good news today! I may be getting the rear done a lot sooner than I expected. I found a guy who has the software to get this done! Maybe I can post pictures of the lowered car with the BBS's on it, already tomorrow. Jeehaw!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Kuul4
I got some good news today! I may be getting the rear done a lot sooner than I expected. I found a guy who has the software to get this done! Maybe I can post pictures of the lowered car with the BBS's on it, already tomorrow. Jeehaw!
Looking forward to seeing those pics!!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 AM
mvd
Members

My Ride: E63 650i

ME LIKES...ass is not that high....
Old 04-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 535d

Originally Posted by xBMWx
Looking forward to seeing those pics!!

Few pics (bad ones) in my 535d thread...
Old 04-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by mvd

ME LIKES...ass is not that high....
Looks great! Nice drop and the rims are a good fit -- very purposeful.

I think some shaddow line trim would really work well with the rest of your mods.

By how much did you lower it?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kuul4
Few pics (bad ones) in my 535d thread...
I saw them... and its going to take more than bad pics to make that car look anything but great!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:49 PM
mvd
Members

Looks great! Nice drop and the rims are a good fit -- very purposeful.

I think some shaddow line trim would really work well with the rest of your mods.

By how much did you lower it?
Thanks! Shadowlines are coming lowered 30/30, but thinking to lowered little bit more. Maybe 50/40 or something...
Old 04-13-2010, 03:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mvd
Thanks! Shadowlines are coming lowered 30/30, but thinking to lowered little bit more. Maybe 50/40 or something...
I'm not quite sure where your front wheel would go if you lowered it another 2cm -- it doesn't look like there is enough space there! But I guess you could roll the front arch-lips to avoid rubbing.
I was thinking of having the Eibach Pro kit (30/30) fitted to my M-Sport (15/15), but I'm just nervous about driving through Copenhagen in a lowered car... 50% of the time I seem to be going over speed bumps, bike lanes, car park ramps and parking at the edge of the curb (facing the pavement)... so far so good, but any lower and my front spoiler will suffer!

On a different subject, I actually just made an appointment to have my summer wheels fitted. I told the guy that I wanted to have my winter tyres fitted to my summer wheels and the summer tyres fitted to my winter wheels... he then asked me why... I simply answered that there a lot of things about my car related purchases that have very little to do with common sense... he simply laughed and said "as long as it makes you happy, we'll do it" My wife asked a similar question (even though she should know better by now!), and I told her the alternative was to buy some new wheels.... she now also supports this swap of summer and winter wheels

Its great that the winter season is over and the modding season has begun
Old 04-16-2010, 01:13 AM
mvd
Members

Ordered some Lamin-X tint film. Planning tint front/backlights
Old 04-16-2010, 03:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

I'm not quite sure where your front wheel would go if you lowered it another 2cm -- it doesn't look like there is enough space there! But I guess you could roll the front arch-lips to avoid rubbing.
I was thinking of having the Eibach Pro kit (30/30) fitted to my M-Sport (15/15), but I'm just nervous about driving through Copenhagen in a lowered car... 50% of the time I seem to be going over speed bumps, bike lanes, car park ramps and parking at the edge of the curb (facing the pavement)... so far so good, but any lower and my front spoiler will suffer!

On a different subject, I actually just made an appointment to have my summer wheels fitted. I told the guy that I wanted to have my winter tyres fitted to my summer wheels and the summer tyres fitted to my winter wheels... he then asked me why... I simply answered that there a lot of things about my car related purchases that have very little to do with common sense... he simply laughed and said "as long as it makes you happy, we'll do it" My wife asked a similar question (even though she should know better by now!), and I told her the alternative was to buy some new wheels.... she now also supports this swap of summer and winter wheels

Its great that the winter season is over and the modding season has begun

Go Style 167!!!!

Quick Reply: Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans