E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 03:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by mvd
Cool....i need to order those too....who makes harness? Do you have part number for shifter?
Buy mine!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:28 PM
mvd
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E63 650i

Guess witch one is cleaned
Old 04-09-2010, 03:20 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Hopefully the seat in the back ground

Looks good!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:55 AM
mvd
Members

My Ride: E63 650i

Originally Posted by Patrick E61
Yes.

I bought the wiring harness from a member here (he makes them by hand) and then ///Marco.it ordered the shifter from his dealership in Italy. The shifter was 95? cheaper from Italy...
Just one quick q. Does this "setup" work with older geatronic? I don't have this new "stick".
Old 04-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by mvd
Just one quick q. Does this "setup" work with older geatronic? I don't have this new "stick".
It is a swap for the "old" steptronic shifter. If I can find the shifter (made by Bang & Olufsen, btw), I will take a pic of it and post it. However, there are other threads + pics here about this.

I think that the shifter is somewhere in my E61, in the trunk, or at least it was last summer...
Old 04-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Contributors

My first, spring 2010 "mod" was accomplished today:

I WASHED MY CAR.

And it is still dirty.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Members

My Ride: E61 535d

I WASHED MY CAR.

And it is still dirty.
My mod plans have been delayed.. Damn.. The painter has been sick and now he has to catch up with his work. He is doing my M-package "off the book" so he can give me a cheaper deal and this also means that they are the last in line.. Also bad news regarding the lowering. I got the H&R's to the front and will get them installed next Monday, but it looks like I will have to wait until 26th of April to get the rear lowering done, because off the long waiting list at the BMW-Service... Maybe I'll make some phone calls to neighboring cities/towns too to see if some place has sorter waiting list...
Old 04-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 06' 530xi E61 Saphire Black / Dakota Black - aluminum 11' A4 Avant 2.0T Brilliant Black / Black - aluminum

I WASHED MY CAR.

And it is still dirty.

I did the same last week! What a difference after all of those winter months!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 530xd, 2006, 231hp 4-wheel-drive, Monaco metal blue, Dakota beige leather interior, fine wood trim, extended lighting package, adaptive Headlights, headlight cleaning system, PDC, extended automatic air conditioning, ProNav, ipod connection, skibag, electric engine/interior heating, thb200 sub, 19" M6 wheels, Schmiedmann frontspoiler lip, tyre control, servotronic

todays big happening = changing summer tires

When changing right rear side just want to look the compressor airhose.

And i find exactly same damage than: https://5series.net/forums/topic/775...s/page__st__30

When i havent better pipe to install at the moment, i cut out the damage area and put it same pipe back with new connector.

Next week shows dos this small repair done any changes for those suspension failure messages..
Attached Thumbnails Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans-brokenpipe.jpg  
Old 04-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I WASHED MY CAR.

And it is still dirty.
+1

Big improvement, but the wheels just aren't coming up mint. I think I need to buy myself some proper cleaning products to get rid of that really nasty winter grime... especially as I will be transferring my summer tyres on to my 128s and start using them as my summer rims instead of the winter set-up. (Its going to make next winter a bit of a night mare with the M172s though!)

Originally Posted by Kuul4
My mod plans have been delayed.. Damn.. The painter has been sick and now he has to catch up with his work. He is doing my M-package "off the book" so he can give me a cheaper deal and this also means that they are the last in line.. Also bad news regarding the lowering. I got the H&R's to the front and will get them installed next Monday, but it looks like I will have to wait until 26th of April to get the rear lowering done, because off the long waiting list at the BMW-Service... Maybe I'll make some phone calls to neighboring cities/towns too to see if some place has sorter waiting list...
The waiting game is a killer! I have my new mods on order and am waiting for that phone call / email from Schmiedmann to tell me they are painted and ready for shipment...
Hope you find someone who can get your suspension done a little quicker.

Originally Posted by tira-1
todays big happening = changing summer tires

When changing right rear side just want to look the compressor airhose.

And i find exactly same damage than: https://5series.net/forums/topic/775...s/page__st__30

When i havent better pipe to install at the moment, i cut out the damage area and put it same pipe back with new connector.

Next week shows dos this small repair done any changes for those suspension failure messages..
Thanks for the reminder -- I need to organise an appointment to have my summer wheels fitted again

Well done on finding the pipe damage on time

Quick Reply: Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans