E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 04:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by xBMWx
My wife asked a similar question (even though she should know better by now!), and I told her the alternative was to buy some new wheels.... she now also supports this swap of summer and winter wheels
Your wife is
Old 04-16-2010, 05:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

....that obviously came out wrong -- let me try again: I said to my wife that I wanted to swap the tyres over between my existing sets of summer/winter rims... she said why bla bla bla... I said the alternative was to buy new wheels... she then quickly gave in and agreed I should only swap the tyres over (instead of buying new wheels)!

she is no.1 though; the recent EUR 2000 I put down for my current mod orders was warmly welcomed... she hates the standard mirrors and prefers the tinted window look! Slowly but surely she's also becoming a mod addict
Old 04-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 06' 530xi E61 Saphire Black / Dakota Black - aluminum 11' A4 Avant 2.0T Brilliant Black / Black - aluminum

I find these last few posts so amusing as I believe they all convert at one point or another!

I've been with my wife/girlfriend (12years/19years)and from when we were in our early 20's I used to drag her along to car shows, she used to help my prep, clean my first trully modded car ('94 Corrado VR6) and she has been pretty supportive ever sinse!

I currently have 5 sets of wheels for 2 cars (Style 230, Style 162, Style 138, Style 162 replica 17's for winter and Iforged Seneka's in 19's on lown to my younger brother). All wheels have tires plus I have an extra set of tires 225-55-17 oem tires from the 530 still lying around I also have rear bumpers, side skirts here and there, extra bulbs, tail lights, grills, etc, etc... and she has not divorced me yet.

So my interpretation of this is that deep down she has become a car mod fanatic, just hiding in the closet to avoid me saying I told you so!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Spring 2010, mod #2:

Next Thursday, I am getting the summer wheels back on the E61, as we leave Thursday night for a quick trip to the Kingdom of Sweden!

I would have done the swap sooner, but I could not get a time with my BMW service department... That is one major downside of using their "tire hotel."

Anyway, it will be good to be back on 19" rubber!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Spartan335i
I find these last few posts so amusing as I believe they all convert at one point or another!

I've been with my wife/girlfriend (12years/19years)and from when we were in our early 20's I used to drag her along to car shows, she used to help my prep, clean my first trully modded car ('94 Corrado VR6) and she has been pretty supportive ever sinse!

So my interpretation of this is that deep down she has become a car mod fanatic, just hiding in the closet to avoid me saying I told you so!!!
love it!

when you talk about her secretly being a car fanatic, I think you should say "hiding in the trunk" rather than "hiding in the closet"

Originally Posted by Patrick E61
Spring 2010, mod #2:

Next Thursday, I am getting the summer wheels back on the E61, as we leave Thursday night for a quick trip to the Kingdom of Sweden!

I would have done the swap sooner, but I could not get a time with my BMW service department... That is one major downside of using their "tire hotel."

Anyway, it will be good to be back on 19" rubber!
Nice one

I had an unexpected drive through the Kingdom this week when I had to drive 7 hours from Oslo to Copenhagen because of the flight cancellations Would have been ok if I was in my car, but it was in a company pool car Honda CR-V petrol... it made a lot of noise when you floored it, but didn't really accelerate at all

Hope you have a great trip
Old 04-20-2010, 01:50 AM
Contributors

I need some help here guys -- thinking of getting black tips for my OEM exhaust. Not a major mod, but still making me go a little !!

Pics in this link. thanks

(don't worry, I won't post an nasty E60 pics in here )
Old 04-20-2010, 04:50 AM
Senior Members

Pics in this link. thanks
Happy to assist... but cannot get the link to work.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Same to me..

AND
I wanted also to paint the tips black or get new tips,because mine are so little...
Old 04-20-2010, 05:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by narvselius
Happy to assist... but cannot get the link to work.

Originally Posted by ivano
Same to me..

AND
I wanted also to paint the tips black or get new tips,because mine are so little...
Thanks guys and sorry for posting a duff link

This is the correct link (I hope!): https://5series.net/forums/topic/586...&#entry1156418
Old 04-21-2010, 02:39 AM
Senior Members

sorry for posting a duff link
You're a very naughty boy, Pete!

Actually, since I'm two weeks away from owning another (counting the Alfa) black car myself this question suddenly got more interesting!

I think a black exhuast works well if you have black/dark wheels. But happy to hear other comments as I'm fairly new to the modding business myself (when it comes to modding an E61 that is).

Quick Reply: Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans