E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Ho ho ho! Way to go Mika!!!

I really hope everything goes well considering how much "things" you've had with your ride .

- Antti -
Old 05-03-2010, 01:45 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

modding fever started!!

DONE:

black kidneys
black diffuser
wrapped tips with cf-wrap

To come very shortly:

OEM 167-rims(this week)
black roof( next month)

time to shoot some pictures
Old 05-03-2010, 03:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ivano
modding fever started!!
DONE:
black kidneys
black diffuser
wrapped tips with cf-wrap

To come very shortly:
OEM 167-rims(this week)
black roof( next month)

time to shoot some pictures

congrats!

very interested in how you wrapped the tips - where is the "edge" of the vinyl sheet, how much overlap of the vinyl did you allow? can you see the overlap?

actual heat resistance of the vinyl is naturally also of interest
Old 05-03-2010, 03:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Originally Posted by mmitev
congrats!

very interested in how you wrapped the tips - where is the "edge" of the vinyl sheet, how much overlap of the vinyl did you allow? can you see the overlap?

actual heat resistance of the vinyl is naturally also of interest

all in all I'm very happy with the results..

you need to cut the sheet to every side about 3cm wider then the size of the tip.
Then you start by cutting the first side of the sheet straight, this will be helpful to align the opposed side of the sheet at the end of the wrapping act.Make sure you start with the lower side of the tip, so you don't see the edge after mounting the tip.

You start to apply the wrap until you wrapped the whole area.

then you press the overlapping wrap against the edge and cut down the overlap. the 2 edges are now flush.

then you need a hair-dryer to bend the borders of the backside and front side.

you need the hair-dryer because the wrap will be easier to work with when you heat it up.

Make sure that you have at least 3cm bend to the inner side of the tip, if not, maybe water and dirt will ruin your wrap from underneath and the wrap will loose.

the most important thing is to be patient and you need some time to get used to..
I wrapped my interior trim with my last car, so I'm very familiar with wrapping works..

As for the heat resistance, there are no problems with it.. I wrapped it last weekend and till now there are no marks or whatsoever..

I will upload some pics tomorrow..

Ivano
Old 05-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Contributors

hey guys,

sorry,no pics made by now, but yesterday my new tyres arrived!!

I took rims and tyres to the shop and now I have to wait until they have enough time to put the tyres on the rims and the rims on my car..

currently i'm going bananas!! I WANT MY RIMS INSTALLED!!

Hopefully they can make it before weekend..
Old 05-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 530xd, 2006, 231hp 4-wheel-drive, Monaco metal blue, Dakota beige leather interior, fine wood trim, extended lighting package, adaptive Headlights, headlight cleaning system, PDC, extended automatic air conditioning, ProNav, ipod connection, skibag, electric engine/interior heating, thb200 sub, 19" M6 wheels, Schmiedmann frontspoiler lip, tyre control, servotronic

When changing right rear side just want to look the compressor airhose.

And i find exactly same damage than: http://forums.5serie...es/page__st__30

When i havent better pipe to install at the moment, i cut out the damage area and put it same pipe back with new connector.

Next week shows dos this small repair done any changes for those suspension failure messages..
[/quote]

Yep, driving now sometime and same failure messages keeps going :thumbsdown:.

Any tips what is the next step i need to go on / check.

First point is to try fix/repair suspension problem by self repair and the last one is
ride the car to bmw-service.

Btw where is the compressor inspection hatch, is it outside/under the car or inside
the car under the spare wheel housing.

Greatfull for all tips i can get
Old 05-06-2010, 05:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Spring 2010, mod #2 is scheduled for tomorrow at 08.00...

Oil service.

I have 1900km to go until it is scheduled, but I haven't had the oil changed since 11/2008. It's time.

The next "mod" will be having the fire extinguisher serviced.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

[quote name='tira]Btw where is the compressor inspection hatch, is it outside/under the car or inside
the car under the spare wheel housing.

Greatfull for all tips i can get
[/quote]
You can get at the compressor from the RHD (oikea puoli), behind the rear wheel. You have to get the car up in the air to get at it.

There is a plastic cover that has to be removed.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 530xd, 2006, 231hp 4-wheel-drive, Monaco metal blue, Dakota beige leather interior, fine wood trim, extended lighting package, adaptive Headlights, headlight cleaning system, PDC, extended automatic air conditioning, ProNav, ipod connection, skibag, electric engine/interior heating, thb200 sub, 19" M6 wheels, Schmiedmann frontspoiler lip, tyre control, servotronic

Originally Posted by Patrick E61
You can get at the compressor from the RHD (oikea puoli), behind the rear wheel. You have to get the car up in the air to get at it.

There is a plastic cover that has to be removed.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I know I shouldn't be posting here with my E60, but seeing as I still spend most of my time here in the E61 Forum -- what can I say, I still feel part of the "E61 family" -- I thought I'd share my excitement with you guys first... here's a teaser of my new mods, which were installed yesterday

OEM M5 Mirrors, OEM M5 Trunk Spoiler and OEM M5 Trunk Finisher.
The OEM Chrome-Black Tail Pipes were fitted last weekend and the 35% rear tints done a couple of weeks ago.

As soon as we get some good weather here in Copenhagen ( ), I will post up some proper camera pics instead of phone pics in my garage... and post in the Accessories & Mods Forum

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans-2010-05-12_17-47-15_414_forums.jpg Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans-2010-05-12_17-46-51_671_forums.jpg

And to avoid getting banned for posting in the wrong place, here's pic of my previous E61, which may inspire some of you to buy some M5 Mirrors as well...

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans-img_7706-p.jpg

Quick Reply: Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans