E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

do you guys find that the tips would go under if I mount my black diffuser?

it was painted high gloss black, so the tips must be painted also high gloss, or maybe matte?

decision over decision..

the biggest question is, where I can find other tips that fit my exhaust(530i)? possibly black?
Old 04-21-2010, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by narvselius

I think a black exhuast works well if you have black/dark wheels. But happy to hear other comments as I'm fairly new to the modding business myself (when it comes to modding an E61 that is).
I know what you mean with the black/dark wheels with black tips, like Anzafin has on his E60. Not sure it would work so well with the colour combo we have.

Originally Posted by ivano
do you guys find that the tips would go under if I mount my black diffuser?

it was painted high gloss black, so the tips must be painted also high gloss, or maybe matte?

decision over decision..

the biggest question is, where I can find other tips that fit my exhaust(530i)? possibly black?
I think black tips would look great with your overall colour combo, especially with the black diffuser. You may just want to paint yours, if you are into DIY. The OEM 550i tips won't fit, as they are bigger than the 530i tail pipe. Maybe ask Schmiedmann if they have something?
Old 04-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

My mods are coming!!!!

The M5 Mirrors, M5 Trunk Finisher and M5 Trunk Spoiler have been painted and are at Schmiedmann ready for shipment! Hopefully installation next week or the week after... now comes the intense phase of the waiting game

The windows are being tinted tomorrow afternoon

And I just ordered the OEM Black-Chrome exhaust tips that come as standard on the US LCI 550i Sport
I think it gives a clean look and I think they're also a slightly different form, which means they might actually cover more of the exhaust tail pipe All will become clear soon!
I know I said I was not going to post any pictures of E60s in the E61 section, but seeing as narvselius and ivano are considering this mod(- yes, its their fault ) , here is what the OEM black-chrome tips look like on Carbon Black.

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans-550i-black-tip.jpg

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans-550i-black-tip-2.jpg
Old 04-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Nice!!

Now it's your fault that I want my tips black!

We'll see if I can wrap my tips with CF-wrap that I left over from the last interior wrap-action(last E61)...

Will the wrap last long,since the tips become very hot ?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ivano
Nice!!

Now it's your fault that I want my tips black!

We'll see if I can wrap my tips with CF-wrap that I left over from the last interior wrap-action(last E61)...

Will the wrap last long,since the tips become very hot ?
you should contact mmitev because he stated in this post that he would be wrapping his exhaust tips in matte silver PVC.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Members

my mods for this spring/summer:

9x19 front 10x19 rear 128 style wheels.
HR lowering and shortening of rear linkrods to lower the rear.
Ipod interface
tow hitch

Plans at a later stage:
M5 mirrors
paddle shifter
Old 04-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by norwegianE61

Ipod interface
tow hitch

Plans at a later stage:
M5 mirrors
paddle shifter
Sounds great!
I had the 128s on my M-Sport E61 and loved the look
(I am selling a set of OEM M5 mirrors - pm me if you are interested.)
Old 04-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 06' 530xi E61 Saphire Black / Dakota Black - aluminum 11' A4 Avant 2.0T Brilliant Black / Black - aluminum

Originally Posted by norwegianE61

Ipod interface
tow hitch

Plans at a later stage:
M5 mirrors
paddle shifter
Quick question the H&R springs don't come with the shortened linkrod. I was curious where you were going to source the rear linkrod?

Thank you!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Members

I will just make it myself! Quite easy really! Can even be made adjustable.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Black E61 530Xd - M-sport - Comfort - Advantage

Today just ordered the first KW3 x-Drive suspension in Finland (bought from the importer, dunno if anyone got it straight from Germany). It was promised to be shipped to Finland in couple of weeks.
Also ordered a set of (too small) 19" wheels from Breyton.

I know most of you don´t like that size, but it´s all good for my purpose...but no worries there will be something extra with that set

If everything goes well the suspension and the wheels will be installed at 29.5.2010
I have the OEM gloss black kidneys and will install them at the same time.

Quick Reply: Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans