E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61 535d

Originally Posted by Bob - G?ran
summer 2010

* BBS CK 8.5 x 20 front 9.5 x 20 rear
* ACS Pedals
* Red stuff brake pads
* V-tech step 2
* ACS Roof spoiler
* LCI taillights
* Shock absorbers front and rear
* H & R springs front
* H & R swey bars
* Hammann CF front wing
* mm
Where did you order the ACS roof spoiler from? I just got to get one too!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Kuul4
Where did you order the ACS roof spoiler from? I just got to get one too!
Anyone? Where have you bought this spoiler from? I asked from one Finnish supplier and the price was 390?!!! I think it's quite much as you can get the whole OEM M-tech body kit for app. 950?...
Old 02-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Anyone? Where have you bought this spoiler from? I asked from one Finnish supplier and the price was 390?!!! I think it's quite much as you can get the whole OEM M-tech body kit for app. 950?...
I got mine last spring from König (Finnish ACS dealer) in Helsinki. I paid around 350 Euros for it, then had it painted and installed by Metro Auto. There are pics of it somewhere in this thread actually.

ACS parts are not cheap... I have an ACS iDrive controller and hand brake cover that cost 450 Euros and have never been installed. Ouch.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Patrick E61
I got mine last spring from König (Finnish ACS dealer) in Helsinki. I paid around 350 Euros for it, then had it painted and installed by Metro Auto. There are pics of it somewhere in this thread actually.

ACS parts are not cheap... I have an ACS iDrive controller and hand brake cover that cost 450 Euros and have never been installed. Ouch.
Thanks Patrick! König was the place where I asked from also. I sent another query to a place called Tuningstudio.fi. They replied that they actually sell ACS-replicas made of glass fiber and they did not know at the moment if the spoiler in question is available through their supplier. I'm now waiting for them to get back to me..

I looked at your photos and I really like the looks of the spoiler (and the whole car.. ) Seems to me that it is kind of an add on to the original spoiler? Am I correct? Do you know if it was glued on or does the installation involve drilling and screws?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Thanks Patrick! König was the place where I asked from also. I sent another query to a place called Tuningstudio.fi. They replied that they actually sell ACS-replicas made of glass fiber and they did not know at the moment if the spoiler in question is available through their supplier. I'm now waiting for them to get back to me..

I looked at your photos and I really like the looks of the spoiler (and the whole car.. ) Seems to me that it is kind of an add on to the original spoiler? Am I correct? Do you know if it was glued on or does the installation involve drilling and screws?
König is the only OFFICIAL ACS importer/dealer in Finland. Ask for Sebastian when you call there, he is a nice guy. The prices are better in Germany, but they won't ship to Finland. I also visited the ACS dealer in Sweden (Norrköping) and asked about the spoiler - it was more expensive than in Finland.

To be honest, I am not sure if it was worth the time and money - yes, it is just an add-on piece to the roof. The part itself weighs about 500g and it is quite small. I only notice it when I look at it from the side.

I had a rear roof spoiler (made by BMW) on my E39 Touring, and it was much bigger, more noticeable.

Neither the ACS or ALPINA rear roof spoiler make much difference. ///Marco.it (a member here) has the ALPINA version on his E61, and I really couldn't tell the difference when we met up in Italy last summer (see attached pics for comparison).

The spoiler was glued on, using the glue supplied with it (no screws). The guys at Metro Auto had to have the car inside overnight at about +20°C, and once the glue was on, they clamped it down for another 24h. That thing is never coming off, even if I attack it with my favorite ax.

I had it painted at the same time that I had the M5 mirrors painted, and that cost another 150 Euros.
Attached Thumbnails Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans-pq1g2545.jpg   Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans-pq1g2546.jpg  
Old 02-11-2010, 04:30 AM
Members

To be honest, I am not sure if it was worth the time and money
I' starting to think that way too.. I'll see how much is the replica and if will I buy it.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Contributors

I' starting to think that way too.. I'll see how much is the replica and if will I buy it.
Well, if you can get a replica, why not.

Otherwise, you can spend 500 Euros on something else.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Anyone interested in a set of pre-09/2005 OEM M5 Mirrors in Carbon Black for their mod list?
ALL functions except auto-dimming mirror glass.

My 550i is a post-09/2005 model, so it has different connectors to my pre-09/2005 M5 mirrors. My current plan is to pay someone to modify them to fit the 550, but I thought I would see if anyone here (esp. in the Nordics) would want them, and I would then buy a new set of post-09/2005 M5 mirrors. I bought them new last summer for around 1000 EUR and they are in perfect condition having only been on the my previous E61 530d for about 4 months. You can see pics in my Gallery.

700 EUR and they are yours! PM me if you are interested

(PS. unlike the ACS roof spoiler, you can REALLY see these beauties )
Old 02-17-2010, 04:40 AM
Contributors

Pete -

Did you post this as well in the for sale forum?

I am sure that someone will snap them up.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:23 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Not yet, I thought I would give the guys here a first chance at it, not only because I spend most of my time here, but because we have so many Scandic/Nordic members in this part of the forum, i.e. lower shipping costs. I'm still undecided on whether to have them modified or take the hit on selling them. They're only 4 months old and totally mint condition, so don't really want to sell them -- its really just down to money vs. hassle factor.

Quick Reply: Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans