E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 06:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='1016052' date='Sep 24 2009, 10:56 PM
Have him fit some quads and a BBK whilst he's at it
And buy a set of his extra wheels!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Seip??nreik?' post='1014935' date='Sep 23 2009, 07:36 PM
Right on xBMWx
I?ve been thinking the same. Don?t want to change the OEM muffler. Brabus209wamg has nice looking 1 inlet 2 outlet exhaust tips and here are the similar looking ones.
Those would look really good, but I think 3,5" wont fit to OEM muffler and M-bumper since the original tips are 2" Haven?t found out any solution yet...

so like I asked above, can we just bolt something like this on or would it need to be welded on (and cut off the existing pipes behind the muffler) ??
Old 10-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Black E61 530Xd - M-sport - Comfort - Advantage

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='1006055' date='Sep 13 2009, 12:33 PM
Very good!

License plate LED lights are excellent. I look forward to seeing your pics of the under-door and trunk LED lights. I have been thinking about these.

I never use my fog lamps (front or rear), but up north, they probably are much more useful.
I have done my first mods and here are the pics...I have to admit those leds are very very nice. A lot more light!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Seip??nreik?' post='1024473' date='Oct 5 2009, 12:24 AM
I have done my first mods and here are the pics...I have to admit those leds are very very nice. A lot more light!
Looks great
(comments/questions raised in the other post)
Old 10-09-2009, 12:47 AM
Contributors

I've just ordered my last mod for this Summer... I'm having my 19" type 128 winter rims fitted on Monday

There's something wrong about being excited about finally being able to fit your winter rims again I think I'll probably use them as my summer rims next year and have the summer tyres put on the 128s and winter tyres on the M172s. That said, I'll no doubt change my mind a million times until then
Old 10-09-2009, 04:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='1028317' date='Oct 9 2009, 11:47 AM
I've just ordered my last mod for this Summer... I'm having my 19" type 128 winter rims fitted on Monday

There's something wrong about being excited about finally being able to fit your winter rims again I think I'll probably use them as my summer rims next year and have the summer tyres put on the 128s and winter tyres on the M172s. That said, I'll no doubt change my mind a million times until then
You are already putting on the winter set up?!

I will have a look at the weather around the beginning of November, and then wait!

Hire someone to clean the 172 wheels, then you can keep them for summer use.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:03 AM
JaU
Members

Originally Posted by JaU' post='995166' date='Sep 1 2009, 11:40 PM
Small status update...

- M5 mirrors bought and installed (Thanks to Marco.it)
- 19" Hartge wheels bought, not yet shipped
- License plate led's bought, already waiting for post package
- LCI Xenon's bought, but I will sell them...maybe
- M-Sport package. Supplier chosen today...
- Performance chip. Supplier and technic chosen

Pity that it is soon getting wet and cold...

Situation in October, about 5000 km later. Outside temperature some degrees above zero...

M5 mirrors OK, two sets of Hartge wheels Classic C and Classic II in garage (lost control... ), winter tyres on 124's waiting for snow, M135 wheels for sale (anyone??),
license plate and under-door led's installed and also Mtec V2 Angel Eyes (disturbing radio interference anyone noticed similar and are iBright's better??),
M-package bumpers ordered together with black kidneys from Germany and switcable system for about 290hp/600Nm arriving next week (just the right timing...very useful in winter )

-30 mm front springs + rear axle adjustment have been a problem. BMW garages are not extremely willing to change them and costs are IMO high...almost 500? with wheel adjustment
Have you all paid that much??

Hopefully I get at least bumpers installed during this year. Wheels are for next summer (or maybe 19" winter tyres...)
Old 10-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JaU' post='1029221' date='Oct 10 2009, 06:03 PM
Situation in October, about 5000 km later. Outside temperature some degrees above zero...

M5 mirrors OK, two sets of Hartge wheels Classic C and Classic II in garage (lost control... ), winter tyres on 124's waiting for snow, M135 wheels for sale (anyone??),
license plate and under-door led's installed and also Mtec V2 Angel Eyes (disturbing radio interference anyone noticed similar and are iBright's better??),
M-package bumpers ordered together with black kidneys from Germany and switcable system for about 290hp/600Nm arriving next week (just the right timing...very useful in winter )

-30 mm front springs + rear axle adjustment have been a problem. BMW garages are not extremely willing to change them and costs are IMO high...almost 500? with wheel adjustment
Have you all paid that much??

Hopefully I get at least bumpers installed during this year. Wheels are for next summer (or maybe 19" winter tyres...)
We demand pics!

And when are you coming to Turku with your E61?!

Who have you asked about the front springs + rear adjustment?

If you have some DIY instructions for the rear lowering, I know a place that can do the front springs, but they will want clear details on how to lower the rear. Then you have to get an alignment, but Euromaster in Turku (on Helsingintie near SataShell) can do that.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Contributors

Also, I have AiB v3 and there is no radio interference or any other issues. They just cost a lot...
Old 10-11-2009, 11:36 AM
JaU
Members

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='1029254' date='Oct 10 2009, 07:27 PM
We demand pics!

And when are you coming to Turku with your E61?!

Who have you asked about the front springs + rear adjustment?

If you have some DIY instructions for the rear lowering, I know a place that can do the front springs, but they will want clear details on how to lower the rear. Then you have to get an alignment, but Euromaster in Turku (on Helsingintie near SataShell) can do that.
Heh..I will take few pics at garage All parts are lying there and not in my car where they should be
Here's one photo from summer...unfortunately there is not so much to see and it looks like all regular 5-series.
Now it is a funny combination...new M5-mirrors, no M-bumpers and not so low chassis
5-serie

And Yes, I was visiting Turku last week. Didn't noticed you anywhere

I just made a test with front springs in local garage's and it didn't succeed. After that I've been calling Metroauto, Autokeskus, Rinta-Jouppi (Turku-Pori axle).
I've seen DIY for rear end, but I thought that I could do it in service with software. They will drop it (only) 15mm, but it is enough for me.

Alignment is not a problem, but springs seem to be.

Let's see will it be slippery and icy in the morning as they promised. Maybe then I need 4WD more than low chassis...

Quick Reply: Spring/Summer 2009: your E61 mod plans