E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 01:51 PM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: LCI E61 530xd allmost full now with SAT
Model Year: 2009
Engine: M57S

Hi guys,

I was following up the thread since I got my 530xd in 2012. I did the shifter upgrade and the wiring almost immediately. Then we got kids and I dropped the finalization of that project. Now I started again and run into trouble. I did get the VO coded and I did flash the EGS. My sport button works, but when I move the stick to the left it would jump back and the paddles are non functional (same as some of the succeeded adopters had). Any advice or idea what the problem might be? What needs to be flashed specifically to the SZL or KI?

My first guess will be to check the wiring and test the voltages according to the provided SIB.

I also get confused a bit by the fact that some of the guys ( forgot if it was navarrone or wpg550) wrote there is a "mistake" in the SIB and the wiring is a bit different!? Any comments on that one?

Would appreciate Your thoughts!
Timiboy

Last edited by timiboy; 04-28-2020 at 02:59 AM.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:22 PM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: e60 535i JB4+DCI
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by timiboy
Hi guys,

I was following up the thread since I got my 530xd in 2012. I did the shifter upgrade and the wiring almost immediately. Then we got kids and I dropped the finalization of that project. Now I started again and run into trouble. I did get the VO coded and I did flash the EGS. My sport button works, but when I move the stick to the left it would jump back and the paddles are non functional (same as some of the suicceded adopters had). Any advice or idea what the problem might be? What needs to be flashed specifically to the SZL or KI?

My first guess will be to check the wiring and test the voltages according to the provided SIB.

I also get confused a bit by the fact that some of the guys ( forgot if ot was navarrone or wpg550) wrote there is a "mistake" in the SIB and the wiring is a bit different!? Any comments on that one?

Would appreciate Your thoughts!
Timiboy

What year is your car? Is it LCI with the electronic shifter?
Old 04-27-2020, 10:57 PM
New Members

Sure mate, why are You asking?

Tim
Old 04-28-2020, 12:10 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 LCI 530i

Have you changed paddle setting for your EGS?

NCSDummy says - PADDLES - SHIFT PADDLES TYPE [WERT_00: SWITCH-BASED WITH STEPTRONIC, WERT_01: RESISTANCE-BASED WITHOUT STEPTRONIC, WERT_02: RESISTANCE-BASED WITH STEPTRONIC]

What shifter ZB Number does INPA show that you have fitted under the GWS section of UIF?

And your car is a E61 LCI 530xd which I guess equates to a Type Code: PY71?

Last edited by Know-Dice; 04-28-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:56 AM
New Members

HI,

yes the setting has been changed automatically with the EGS flash and is showing WERT_01 at the moment. I thought this is the correct setting!
I have flashed the ZB from 7592132 to 7592130.
And yes my car is a PY71 Type Code.

Timiboy
Old 04-28-2020, 06:15 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '08 535d LCI @ 450hp/900nm

Hi everyone,

I've searched the thread but couldn't find any info regarding my question - is there any difference in the actual gearboxes between LCI 535d with standard gear selector and the SAT one? Like the mechatronic for example? My understanding was that the gearboxes are absolutely the same, only the software/egs on the SAT one is different but I've heard that there are still some *hardware* diferences in the 6hp26 box found in cars with SAT. Can anybody confirm this? I'm still considering xHP over SAT retrofit.
Thank you!
Old 04-28-2020, 07:01 AM
New Members

Tim,

As long as you VO coded your car properly to both LMA and CAS (remove $205 + add $2T. Then default code the EGS + KOMBI. This is the only software coding you need to do, other than programming the actual SAT program. The other things are the wiring. I will post pics of the PDF I used which worked flawlessly for me
Old 04-28-2020, 07:07 AM
New Members

In SZL, PIN_12 goes to ground. PIN_13 goes to ebox. SO, on the ebox connector. the only wire there was the one feeding the connector from underneath, so i pulled the connector up and tapped the wire coming from underneath because I did not have a proper crimp connector for that black connector.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:56 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Pacata
Hi everyone,

I've searched the thread but couldn't find any info regarding my question - is there any difference in the actual gearboxes between LCI 535d with standard gear selector and the SAT one? Like the mechatronic for example? My understanding was that the gearboxes are absolutely the same, only the software/egs on the SAT one is different but I've heard that there are still some *hardware* diferences in the 6hp26 box found in cars with SAT. Can anybody confirm this? I'm still considering xHP over SAT retrofit.
Thank you!
There is no hardware difference on the ZF Gearbox itself. Do not forget we are talking aboiut a 200-300€ extra if You ordered the car with SAT from the factory. This is a clear indication that it is just software, besides of all the succesfull 100% conversions to SAT.

Timiboy
Old 04-28-2020, 08:03 AM
New Members

@ BrownPower
Thanks for Your post buddy. I would say my VO is as it should be, checking it afterwards show the "correct" ZUB, paddles and the lever behaves normaly as long as it stays in automatic.

I have done the wiring years ago....maybe I did a mistake or anything else is wrong. Guess I will need to go trough a full wiring check!

Which pdf is that You're refering? The one from years ago from neurocil, wpg and navarrone? I do not remeber that picture You are showing. If You do not mind, please share it via mail

Timiboy

Quick Reply: Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit