E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 04:36 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 LCI

Originally Posted by bert69
hermman is the only by retrofited SAT and S1-S6 .... i dont know nobody else and we dont know what hermman has done .

AI001 an what date was your car build , typ ?

Hallo Bert!

Unfortunately i cant meet with guy who changed wirmware in my car.

Here is his skype: chupa-minsk
His Name is Andrey.
tel. mob. +375293393969, +375295555757

As soon as possible to meet him, i will try to find out more information.

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-sport, retrofitted heated M-sport steering wheel with paddles, Sport-auto transmission

Originally Posted by AI001
Not sure how you guys get S1-S6 I don't get S but I get M instead like M1-M6. Do I need to flash with EGS with different firmware? Can someone guide me here, don't want to fry EGS with wrong firmware.
What does your display show when you just push the shift lever to the "DS" mode (without using the paddles)? That's when you would see S1-S5. As soon as you use the lever or paddles to shift it will change to M1-M6.

I finally received my cable and am working on getting it connected to the car to get a trace done on my car. Holidays are just making it difficult to find the time to work on it
Old 12-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wpg550
What does your display show when you just push the shift lever to the "DS" mode (without using the paddles)? That's when you would see S1-S5. As soon as you use the lever or paddles to shift it will change to M1-M6.

I finally received my cable and am working on getting it connected to the car to get a trace done on my car. Holidays are just making it difficult to find the time to work on it
As soon as I push the lever to the left side in DS mode (don't have the paddles yet) All I see on the screen is "DS", when pulling pushing to shift it goes from M1-M6.

Are you saying S1-S5 is replacing DS, thats all? That will be surprising. I am trying to findout if different EGS software is required. How hard is cabling paddling shift? Have we found that yet?
Old 12-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-sport, retrofitted heated M-sport steering wheel with paddles, Sport-auto transmission

Cabling the paddle shift is easy, just a different harness from the wheel to the SZL (p/n contained earlier in the thread) and you have to connect a couple of wires from the SZL to the ebox.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Members

I MAY get a steering wheel which is paddle shift, lane departure warning and heated as well, this is exactly what I have been looking for ages. Do I need to replace SZL for heated to work or SZL replacement is required even for paddle shift to work? I won't go down this route if SZL replacement is required due to its prohibitive cost.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Members

I MAY get a steering wheel which is paddle shift, lane departure warning and heated as well, this is exactly what I have been looking for ages. Do I need to replace SZL for heated to work or SZL replacement is required even for paddle shift to work? I won't go down this route if SZL replacement is required due to its prohibitive cost.
SZL Module you do not need to change !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by hermman
Hallo Bert!

Unfortunately i cant meet with guy who changed wirmware in my car.

Here is his skype: chupa-minsk
His Name is Andrey.
tel. mob. +375293393969, +375295555757

As soon as possible to meet him, i will try to find out more information.

Thanks.

Hello guys.

Today I spoke with a man who changed my firmware.
He told me he changed the firmware using the program "TOOLS".
You know such a program?
Old 12-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Members

Hello guys.

You know such a program?
I have heard Tool32, not Tools. I don't think it can be used to flash but then you can change UIF/AIF of the module to something else and then WinKFP will flash software from that product line. If you can get some more details it will help me.

Can you pllllleeeeaaassee tell me how to change to paddle shift + heated without changing SZL.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Hello guys.

You know such a program?

"TOOLS" could mean "BMW Standard Tools" which is the entire suite of products like NCS, Tool32, and WinKFP.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Members

You may need to change the SZL to add steering wheel heating to a car that didn't have it originally. There used to be different parts for heated vs. non-heated, although now I think they've migrated to a single replacement part. You don't have to change the SZL just for adding the paddles.

Quick Reply: Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit