E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by leew88
Finally completed my next stage of LCI SAT retro-fit this evening, I flashed the EGS to the SAT $2TB firmware and then had to recoded it so it has no paddles fitted.
What a difference it made, I knew I should of flashed earlier but did'nt have the guts in case I screwed it up.

Now when I press the Sport button whilst in D it goes into a similar mode as DS (ie drops a gear, holds revs higher, faster shifts) as well as stiffer steering and more aggresive throttle response, it never did this before the flash upgrade, it just gave stiffer steering.

People always ask what the difference between using DS compared to Sport button, well in DS without Sport engaged its the same but without the stiffer steering. I now get the gear display showing S1 - S6 when in DS, before just shows DS on Kombi

The best bit and the most noticable from the back to back testing tonight was when using the manual mode via the gearshift, with Sport activated the manual shifting response was MUCH faster, almost near instantaneous response, the downshift especially produced a much more pronounced rev-match (blipping) but the trade-off was that the changes were more jerky, with Sport switched off the manual shifting was very noticebly slower.

My next stage would be to upgrade to the SAT paddle shift steering wheel
Woot! Well done!

I want to change my wheel to paddles too but just can't bring myself to do the $$ on that one.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW e60 525Da LCI White, DPF out, Front grill black, Shadow line, license plate super bright led, interior white leds;

i done exactly like you and i push in ds or manual and push the + or - paddles she jumps back in d, only if i press one of these paddles, why??
Attached Thumbnails Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit-img_0785.jpg  

Last edited by Soryn14; 05-17-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:45 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You made a mistake, you didn't make the wiring according to my schematics.
It must be like this:
Attached Thumbnails Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit-img_0785.jpg  
Old 05-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525Da LCI White, DPF out, Front grill black, Shadow line, license plate super bright led, interior white leds;

Originally Posted by Laco19
You made a mistake, you didn't make the wiring according to my schematics.
It must be like this:
The blue/black cable is mistake? I cut theese and connect it to to cable to cable paddle 6, as show in schematicc, or what is the mistake because i can't make the mistake you show in red zone.
I spent last night 4 hours...but i didn't gave up

Is correct like this ??

Edit: I done like this but only - works when i push + jumps in D

I have in egs wert_1 is correct like this?or i have to change wert_02?
Attached Thumbnails Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit-image.jpg  

Last edited by Soryn14; 05-17-2013 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 05-18-2013, 01:07 AM
Members

It worked!!! I can't belive it:xxx, oh my god!!! Thank's laco, thank you verry much, over an yeat i searched forums and can't find anything, you are super!!!
Pfew i can't belive it i done this :X:X:X

I crack the mount plate steering because i installed backwards when trying to mount the airbag but i ordered a new one

I will post some pics

Is the best mod for e60 i think

Last edited by Soryn14; 05-18-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Members

hey guys, i'm back, i see that i have heated steering wheel and i see that in my coil spring i have 2 extra switches and my 2 switches from steering wheel fitted perfect, and i want to know how looks yours coil spring please, what are these for?
Attached Thumbnails Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit-heated-steering.jpg  
Old 06-20-2013, 08:08 AM
New Members

Hi guys, nearly done. Just have to get get coding down but I'm not sure what coding needs to be done and what are the codes and what flashing.
Could someone please write down the specific coding that is required.
I need step by step instructions please guys.
I know I need a new vehicle order and that's about it.
Could someone please please help.
If someone around London or close to London can do it or me for cash ill be more then happy.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit-image.jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 02:47 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530i LCI N53

Originally Posted by Kadirllb
Hi guys, nearly done. Just have to get get coding down but I'm not sure what coding needs to be done and what are the codes and what flashing.
Could someone please write down the specific coding that is required.
I need step by step instructions please guys.
I know I need a new vehicle order and that's about it.
Could someone please please help.
If someone around London or close to London can do it or me for cash ill be more then happy.
Thanks
1. Change your VO using NCS expert by removing $205 (steptronic) from CAS/LMA and add $2TB (SAT), then code this new VO to your KOMBI and EGS.

2. Using WINKFP flash your EGS to the $2TB ZUB firmware, dangerous procedure you need to know what your doing in regards to stable voltage supply or you will end up with a dead module, Which ZUB is required depends on your model/EGS version etc.I might be able to guide you if can tell me more details of your car.

By just doing step 1 above will get you the "SPORT" display on cluster and heavier steering, Step 2 will give your 100% SAT mode ie faster shift, more aggressive throttle blip on downshift etc. It took me alot of guts to do this step but was well worth it in the end.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:16 PM
New Members

Hi thanks for that.
Really helpful.
What further details do you need to assist me with step 2. I would really like to do it but if there is a massive risk that I'm going to mess it up then i rather not.
Can't wait to get it coded. It's been installed for a long time but can't get anyone to code it!

Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it dude!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:50 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530i LCI N53

Originally Posted by Kadirllb
Hi thanks for that.
Really helpful.
What further details do you need to assist me with step 2. I would really like to do it but if there is a massive risk that I'm going to mess it up then i rather not.
Can't wait to get it coded. It's been installed for a long time but can't get anyone to code it!

Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it dude!

PM sent

Quick Reply: Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit