E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by nelson29
Congrats!! So you've only installed the CIC but haven't done the coding session with Patryk? I'm pretty sure you knew that there's a lot of issues that are only resolved by coding.
Yes thanks! I know that there would be coding required afterwards. I just mainly want to know if the symptoms I've been seeing is normal and would be fixed with the follow-up coding with Patryk. Are they normal?
Old 07-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by balbs
Yes thanks! I know that there would be coding required afterwards. I just mainly want to know if the symptoms I've been seeing is normal and would be fixed with the follow-up coding with Patryk. Are they normal?
Of course they are bro. All of this have been documented on the thread. CIC still need to coded.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nelson29
Of course they are bro. All of this have been documented on the thread. CIC still need to coded.
Thanks man...I guess I'm just being paranoid. I actually posted before looking at this thread again in my haste and paranoia.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Contributors

Patryk I'll be shooting you an email to make an appointment!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Contributors

Hey sirs,

So after the retrofit and coding appointment with Patryk, I started having some strage service due or service required messages when the car starts up.

I started a thread about it:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/124...-cic-retrofit/

One is an Un-named service requirement that's due in 36000 miles
Also, as I was checking the CBS, I noticed that there is no number for the microfilter. I don't know if it was flaging the service due message. Can somebody shed some light for me?

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Contributors

Patryk, Nelson, Technic,

I have just installed the JBL MS-8. The audio coming out of the radio after the CIC retrofit doesn't seem loud enough for me. For some reason I'm having an issue with the input setup. I get either Signal none, Signal noisy, level low...Also I can't get it to acquire the input signals. However, if I just setup the output, it seems to work fine. I even managed to configure all seating positions. I'm assuming I have everything hooked up right, but I have a feeling I'm not quite there yet since I can't setup the input signals.

I'm still somewhat confused about the audio. Do I have to do some final coding to get it to output the proper signal levels? What setting should the coding be set at? BTW, my car is a pre-LCI.

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by balbs
Patryk, Nelson, Technic,

I have just installed the JBL MS-8. The audio coming out of the radio after the CIC retrofit doesn't seem loud enough for me. For some reason I'm having an issue with the input setup. I get either Signal none, Signal noisy, level low...Also I can't get it to acquire the input signals. However, if I just setup the output, it seems to work fine. I even managed to configure all seating positions. I'm assuming I have everything hooked up right, but I have a feeling I'm not quite there yet since I can't setup the input signals.

I'm still somewhat confused about the audio. Do I have to do some final coding to get it to output the proper signal levels? What setting should the coding be set at? BTW, my car is a pre-LCI.

Thanks!

Incidentally, before I did the MS-8 install (after the CIC retrofit), in order for me to get a decent volume, I had to turn the volume know up quite a few turns to hear anything. For some reason the levels were really low. Does that mean the CIC was coded for low level out to an external amp rather than high for direct to speaker? Please help.

Thanks
Old 07-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Contributors

Is the woofer fix still required if you want to hook up an MS-8 with Technic's harness?

Wow this thread got quiet...
Old 07-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

This thread got too big...

The best way to code the CIC for the MS-8 is in Hi-Fi mode and not in the standard speaker mode. And no, the woofer fix does not apply if you are using external amplification like the MS-8. How are you driving the sub-woofers, are you using the old OEM amp? Have you bridged the rear low inputs from the CIC to go to both the MS-8 and the OEM amp for the subs?
Old 07-17-2012, 05:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
This thread got too big...

The best way to code the CIC for the MS-8 is in Hi-Fi mode and not in the standard speaker mode. And no, the woofer fix does not apply if you are using external amplification like the MS-8. How are you driving the sub-woofers, are you using the old OEM amp?
I'm using Techni's harness on the OEM amp. So I guess the underseat subs are being driven by the MS-8?

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Have you bridged the rear low inputs from the CIC to go to both the MS-8 and the OEM amp for the subs?
That's the woofer fix correct? If so then no.

Also even though the MS-8 output test tests the sub successfully (audio sweep and measurement test), it seems the MS-8 is not outputting to the sub when the music is playing.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG