E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 06:04 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

check the master volume on MS-8, where is it at now? also you don't need to run the input set up.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Would you happen to know why it's not putting out to the subs? The subs tested fine during the seat position measurements.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Contributors

FYI... I'm all set. I used RCA plugs for the inputs and everything worked. Thanks Technic!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like Im officially joining the club in a day or so.

Patryk and I have worked out the right set up & Im placing my order.

Special thanks to Balbs for all of the help as well, check out his threads for install advice & a sort of centralized location for all of this info.

Ill keep you posted on how this proceeds.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW E60 525dA - Comf. seat, Hi-Fi Logic7, Navi prof, carphone prof, seat ventilation, Dynamic Drive, Active steering ++ Retrofits:- 9x20 & 10x20 BMW Style 101 w/ 255/30 ZR20 and 305/25 ZR20- 35/35 H&R sport springs - M-sport package- M5 trunk li

I'm ready to install CIC!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-.jpg
Old 11-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Members

Hello everyone,
I just completed the CIC retrofit installation a few weeks ago. Patryk completed the coding a few weeks ago, and everything except the AM radio is working well. FM works just fine. When I go into AM manual mode and try to adjust the frequency with the iDrive controller, AM sounds like the antenna wire is not connected - just static.

Patryk dialed in again early this morning and confirmed that it is not a coding issue.
I have tried reinstalling my old CCC unit and have verified that the AM radio on my CCC unit is working properly. From this test, I can only conclude that the AM radio antenna to the Quadralock connector is OK.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with their AM radios at all. Does the CIC use a different pin port on the Quadralock connector for the AM antenna? If that's not the root problem, then I can only surmise that my CIC AM receiver is broken.

Appreciate the help. Otherwise, the CIC system is fantastic!

Osmond
Old 11-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Members

My Ride: E39 M5, E60 M5 and F06 M6GC
Model Year: 2000/2006/2016

Originally Posted by OzMosis
Hello everyone,
I just completed the CIC retrofit installation a few weeks ago. Patryk completed the coding a few weeks ago, and everything except the AM radio is working well. FM works just fine. When I go into AM manual mode and try to adjust the frequency with the iDrive controller, AM sounds like the antenna wire is not connected - just static.

Patryk dialed in again early this morning and confirmed that it is not a coding issue.
I have tried reinstalling my old CCC unit and have verified that the AM radio on my CCC unit is working properly. From this test, I can only conclude that the AM radio antenna to the Quadralock connector is OK.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with their AM radios at all. Does the CIC use a different pin port on the Quadralock connector for the AM antenna? If that's not the root problem, then I can only surmise that my CIC AM receiver is broken.

Appreciate the help. Otherwise, the CIC system is fantastic!

Osmond
I found exactly the same thing although my CIC also came with DAB (digital radio in Europe and some other places) so the loss of AM was not, ultimately, an issue for me (and I didn't spend any time researching how to address it).
Old 11-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Members

I usually listen to my local traffic and weather reports on the AM news channel. It's weird not knowing how congested the local bridges are while driving home from work.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by OzMosis
I usually listen to my local traffic and weather reports on the AM news channel. It's weird not knowing how congested the local bridges are while driving home from work.
That's when real time traffic from the CIC Nav comes in! For the weather, I look out the window.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Members

Anyone know how much is the cic retrofit and where i can buy my my ccc burned out and it not working soo i am thinking doing the cic

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG