E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 02:45 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgieb
The end result was a perfect match. Once I was satisfied with the way the bezel fit I removed the tape and started to take the center console in the car apart. For an excellent read on how to do this simply roll back a few pages in this thread to Peter's pictures and info.
Hi, does anyone have bazel part number, i looked at realoem and there is no such part, even BMW stealers don't know about it.

Thank you in advance
Old 06-22-2012, 05:29 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by torchia
Hi, does anyone have bazel part number, i looked at realoem and there is no such part, even BMW stealers don't know about it.

Thank you in advance
I think the bezel is from the 6 series which is why you can't find it.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Contributors

Nelson, Patrys, Technic,

Do you think both the Technic Harness and Patrys' PnP module harness will both fit behind the CIC at the same time? I was thinking of working on the retrofit this weekend and that question just dawned on me.

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by balbs
Nelson, Patrys, Technic,

Do you think both the Technic Harness and Patrys' PnP module harness will both fit behind the CIC at the same time? I was thinking of working on the retrofit this weekend and that question just dawned on me.

Thanks!
It will be a tight fit no doubt.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Nelson, Patrys, Technic,

Thanks!
I would just combine them both into one.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Members

Wow. This is quite a phenomenal history here.
All I can think of is what a crazy last couple years it has had to be for Patryk & Nelson.
Certainly tapped into highly wanted subject.

Patryk, I have sent an email & look forward to hearing from you soon.
I have the same setup as Nelson initially: 2004 pre lci, standard idrive w/ no nav & no bluetooth, & I do have the ipod glove box install.

If I do the standard CIC upgrade kit (w/ pnp cable) does anyone know if:
1. there is a way/option to add sirius radio into this kit? dont have it but would want it.
2. will I get bluetooth phone functionality from this kit without adding combox? dont need audio streaming, just the phone & address book integration to CIC.
3. will I be able to reconnect the current ipod integration I have on the back of the new CIC I get, ie: its plug & play & dont lose functionality.
4. what else I need to order to get the backup camera module that Patryk commented on earlier in the thread. I want to do that as part of my CIC install.

Ill be skipping the change out of the idrive nav dial as that seems to be a bit of a pain.
What a phenomenal Log. Was a lot of info but well worth it.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 07-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Contributors

PLEASE HELP! I can't for the life if me figure out how to route the USB port from the CIC to the glove box! I can't find a hole or gap to feed it through! Can somebody give me as detailed instructions as possible? Much appreciated!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Members

PLEASE HELP! I can't for the life if me figure out how to route the USB port from the CIC to the glove box! I can't find a hole or gap to feed it through! Can somebody give me as detailed instructions as possible? Much appreciated!!!
Its been recommended earlier in the thread that you use the same punch out that BMW uses for the OEM iPod integration.
I have this & its a cable that goes into my glove box.
Somewhere around the 20's in this thread I believe their are images of this.
Or you can ask your local tech or just Google for images on the OEM cable install into the Glove Box.

Let me know how this is working out for you.
Im in San Diego & in the early stages of doing this mod. Drop me an IM if you have time.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 07-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Contributors

Thanks! I figured it out. Those pics usually just show the plug hanging in the glove box. However, it never showed how it was routed. I took some pics and will post later on.

Anyway, I got the CIC, PnP module, Combox installed...However, I'm having some issues.

AC: I did the Pin 21 mod. However, air is not blowing out of the main center dash area and the air just seems to be just blowing and it doesn't get cold
DVD: While it plays MP3 CDs okay, However, when I put in a DVD, it says it's the wrong format or doesn't recognize the region. It's a commercial DVD title, not a home made burned copy.
Bluetooth: I can't get my phone to connect to it
iPhone: Where's the integration part. Does it have to be coded in after the install?
Internet: I can't get my phone connected to it. When plugging my phone in, it does the normal iPhone charging chirp, but no connection.
Navigation: While I didn't test out it;s full function, it seems to be working and showing where I'm going...Is it safe to assume the PnP module is working and it's activated?

Also, I get SOS call failed messages at startup. Expected since I used to have BMW assist and now the TCU unit has been replaced by the Combox.

That's what I've been seeing so far. Will everything be sorted out after final coding by Patryk?

Thank you for your help in advance...
Old 07-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Congrats!! So you've only installed the CIC but haven't done the coding session with Patryk? I'm pretty sure you knew that there's a lot of issues that are only resolved by coding.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG