E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Hey good sirs. I need your help. I'm trying to route the USB and GPS cables from the Combox in the trunk, to the CIC (GPS) and front center ashtray (US. What's the best way of doing it? Also, the GPS extension cable I got seem too short. If i ran it from the trunk and along the side, it barely makes it to the front side view mirrors. I originally wanted to route it from:

Left side of trunk to
Left side of back seat
Along the front of back seat
Then along the center hump in the rear
Then up to the center arm rest\ center console area

I wanted to do it under the carpet, but man that thing is tight! Should I just force and lift the carpeting up as planned?

Please message me your routing tips. The more detail the better. I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Georgieb,

Did you also do the pin 21 mod to get the LCI Climate control working?
Sorry for the late response Balb,
Quick answer is yes, I did.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,
Have an 08 LCI 550 sport and thinking of tackling this (along with potentially heated seats - though it seems impossible). Amazing info in this thread

Can anyone summarize "what doesn't work" with this/Patry's conversion?
-night time illum mode
-anything else? bluetooth?
-woofer?

Also, anyone know the implications of doing this and trying to add heated seats?

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
The last step is removing the old iDrive controller altogether and then opening up the support trim under shifter bezel so that the new controller will fit. I used the shifter panel with the new cutout as my template and carefully cut the support trim with a pair of side cutters and a sharp exacto knife. I put a towel under the hole to catch any "shrapnel" that could fall into the area bellow.
GeorgieB, how did you take the old iDrive controller out while the console area is(seems to be) still mounted?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Contributors

GeorgieB, how did you take the old iDrive controller out while the console area is(seems to be) still mounted?
Hey Balbs, this was some time ago but if I remember correctly I definitely ripped the entire console area out to get at the old controller. Given the mounting position of the support screws, I don't think there is a way of doing it otherwise. The pictures I posted may be deceiving.

Thanks to pclausen for this image. (Although it does not depict the bracket I used, it clarifies the mounting assembly of the old controller).
Attached Thumbnails CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-idrivebracket1.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Contributors

Ha ha okay thanks! I was scratching my head there for awhile thinking "Man, that dude must have small hands to squeeze them between the ducts and unscrew those". LOL!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:24 AM
Contributors

Ha ha okay thanks! I was scratching my head there for awhile thinking "Man, that dude must have small hands to squeeze them between the ducts and unscrew those". LOL!
No problem Balbs, I'm glad to shed clarity. I haven't been participating in the forums much lately. Are you in the process of completing this mod now?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
No problem Balbs, I'm glad to shed clarity. I haven't been participating in the forums much lately. Are you in the process of completing this mod now?
Yes, In fact I started my own log here:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/123...ombox-6nr-pnp/
Old 06-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M6 F06
Model Year: 2013

I would like to retrofit the apple music/media snap in adapter cradle for iphone 4/4s. I already have the CIC coded and retrofitted with 6NF and 6NR.
Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Members

I have a problem with the controller after my battery was down. No power (backlight) in the button -just do not work!
I'm with CIC Retrofit. Please help ...

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG