E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

bmwspeed, which climate control part number do you have? I wanted to get part 64119177715, however, the guy I bought it from sent me 64119155643. Supposedly it's a part number change. I just want to make sure that it's actually the same hardware or if there is some slight change to it.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a crazy question for you, if I go from my CCC to the CiC, would the CIC come with bluetooth audio? I only ask this because it's one of the great features that are missing from the '08 model which is what I have and this retrofit really makes me interested. Good job on this by the way, looks like a lot of us are going to be doing some upgrading in here
Old 04-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaman528i
Here's a crazy question for you, if I go from my CCC to the CiC, would the CIC come with bluetooth audio? I only ask this because it's one of the great features that are missing from the '08 model which is what I have and this retrofit really makes me interested. Good job on this by the way, looks like a lot of us are going to be doing some upgrading in here
Unfortunately no,

Bluetooth Audio streaming only comes with CIC+COMBOX retrofit. IMO CIC without COMBOX is half the story.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AI001
Unfortunately no,

Bluetooth Audio streaming only comes with CIC+COMBOX retrofit. IMO CIC without COMBOX is half the story.
I agree. Who wouldn't want it all? How much more would we be talking for the COMBOX to have bluetooth audio?
Old 04-28-2012, 06:35 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Georgieb
As you may also be aware, we need to change the wiring up a bit from the pre LCI harness in order for the new iDrive controller to work. The old harness has two connectors for the old iDrive controller however the new LCI controller only requires four wires in one 4 position connector. Fortunately one of the two connectors in the old harness works perfectly for the new controller. We just have to remove the existing wiring in the 4 position connector and replace it with 4 wires from the 8 position connector.

Old - New - Function
1 ---- 1 ---- 12V
2 ---- 2 ---- GND
4 ---- 3 ---- CAN_H
5 ---- 4 ---- CAN_L
Would there be a difference in the wiring for LCI cars? My car is a 02/2008 LCI build and I have 3 wires in the small connector instead of 4.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 PM
New Members

As you may also be aware, we need to change the wiring up a bit from the pre LCI harness in order for the new iDrive controller to work. The old harness has two connectors for the old iDrive controller however the new LCI controller only requires four wires in one 4 position connector. Fortunately one of the two connectors in the old harness works perfectly for the new controller. We just have to remove the existing wiring in the 4 position connector and replace it with 4 wires from the 8 position connector.

Old - New - Function
1 ---- 1 ---- 12V
2 ---- 2 ---- GND
4 ---- 3 ---- CAN_H
5 ---- 4 ---- CAN_L

Would there be a difference in the wiring for LCI cars? My car is a 02/2008 LCI build and I have 3 wires in the small connector instead of 4.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 AM
awt
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2001 320Ci Coupè

I believe mine LCI got 4 wires. I used that very writeup, so it did work.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Contributors

I finally got around to installing the LCI Climate Control. Now I have a complete match of all associated hardware for my CIC. One of the major differences between the old controller and the new one is when you change a climate setting using the knobs/buttons on the controller, the iDrive software responds by prompting the appropriate menu on-screen for review and feedback. Very cool (no pun intended).

As a point to note, no additional coding was required for this. My current CIC firmware must have already been set up accordingly.
Georgieb,

Did you also do the pin 21 mod to get the LCI Climate control working?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Contributors

Here's a little thing I did...For those of you that opted for the PnP activation from Patrys and have the 676 Hi-Fi option. I did the "woofer fix" on the PnP module itself. That way if for some reason I have to swap back to the original system, it would be easier to "Un-Plug n' Play".

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-pnpwooferfix.jpg

I first labeled the pins to minimize confusion to myself and followed the wire tap DIY from Georgieb.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/994...8#entry1234488
Old 05-25-2012, 01:54 AM
New Members

I just cleared and compilated information about Woofer Fix (HiFi - option SA676) and CAN emulator installation and did some diagram - maybe it will be helpful for somebody:
Attached Thumbnails CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-cic_pnp.png  

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG