E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mbel
Yes, it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/994...st__p__1187922

Thanks mbel, but I believe the part numbers that you gave me are is for this frame & bracket CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-2.jpg

I am looking for the part number of this frame:
CIC Retrofit Installation LOG-1.jpg

Please, someone, anyone...
Old 01-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Zagato,
Since you reference one of my pics I'll try to help you. I got that bezel from Patrick in Poland however I believe it belongs to an E63 6 Series. According to Realoem.com the part is described as (It is #22 in the attached diagram):

Switch cover SCHWARZ 1 09/2008 51169169999 $34.40

Please be sure to verify this information before you order.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Guys,
All who have the CiC Retro in place. Question for you.

Drive the car at day time and drive it at night -- Now tell me, Does your navigation go into NIGHT mode while driving at night ???

Typically,
During the day you would see the blue sky and the white clouds but at night your supposed to see the Dark sky and the white stars ??

Does this happen ??

Please confirm
Old 01-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
Guys,

Drive the car at day time and drive it at night -- Now tell me, Does your navigation go into NIGHT mode while driving at night ???

Typically,
During the day you would see the blue sky and the white clouds but at night your supposed to see the Dark sky and the white stars ??

Does this happen ??

Please confirm
Did doesn't happen on any retrofitted CIC in any car (yet).
Old 01-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Titanium Grey Metallic/ Gray Dakota Leather

Guys,

Typically,

Does this happen ??

Please confirm
No, No and No.......

You have to change the day/night mode manually from the iDrive.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

Originally Posted by mbel
No, No and No.......

You have to change the day/night mode manually from the iDrive.
hmm I don't have CIC but every time I get a loaner for a day or two and have used this option I haven't noticed the difference between night and day mode
Old 01-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw

I was driving a 2011 535 for a month and when I went back to my e60, the first thing my wife asked me was. Where are the stars that the other car showed us at night time

If the option is available to be activated manually, then its a simple piece of code that BMW can put in to check am/pm on the clock and automatically adjust the screen as required.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

I was driving a 2011 535 for a month and when I went back to my e60, the first thing my wife asked me was. Where are the stars that the other car showed us at night time

If the option is available to be activated manually, then its a simple piece of code that BMW can put in to check am/pm on the clock and automatically adjust the screen as required.
I just noticed I have the exact same package on my car that you have , weird I never noticed it change to night time. Maybe it did and couldn't tell but I'm taking my car in for service next Tuesday so I definitely will check to see the difference though . Possibly maybe that's something that's done at the dealer level maybe CIC owners can chime in and confirm it does change?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

CIC owners can chime in and confirm it does change?
I've enabled this option with NCSExpert so that the menu choice appears in the iDrive however although I chose night mode, the change is not automatic. Others have complained about this also. Sorry guys, this seems to be some flaw in the firmware for our CICs.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by Georgieb
I've enabled this option with NCSExpert so that the menu choice appears in the iDrive however although I chose night mode, the change is not automatic. Others have complained about this also. Sorry guys, this seems to be some flaw in the firmware for our CICs.
I doubt its a flaw. I think the CIC may be expecting an input from say the Light sensor, which it's not receiving.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG