E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by Patrys
Combox Retrofit: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460684

3 series for now, but will be talking to you guys on this very soon
Looks great Patryk, if its not that expensive im in.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535xiT6
Model Year: 2008

Any chance while doing this new HDD nav interface we could also install the "night vision" system?

My car is a 2008 usa 535xit mt6 (built 11 2007) with nav & HUD, cold weather package, premium, sport.

It would be nice to end up with the better audio too, this car was well optioned but missing Logic 7 which would be enough for me.

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jwestpro
Any chance while doing this new HDD nav interface we could also install the "night vision" system?

My car is a 2008 usa 535xit mt6 (built 11 2007) with nav & HUD, cold weather package, premium, sport.

It would be nice to end up with the better audio too, this car was well optioned but missing Logic 7 which would be enough for me.

Thanks.
The night vision retrofit is almost out of scope. I say almost cause there is some chance I could do it, but this is something we might discuss by email.
As for the audio I am sure Nelson could give you some hints as his car is currently going through a major audio upgrade.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Theres an official Night vision retrofit kit available from the dealers.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD
Theres an official Night vision retrofit kit available from the dealers.
Thanks for correcting. Info attached.

Need more sleep I guess
I thought about the same in the E90...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
NV.pdf (741.3 KB, 570 views)
Old 12-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Members

Hello wanted to ask if the pin is known for the combox?
Old 12-23-2010, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

I realize that its been since June since this thread was started AND it took me a couple days at work to read the entire thread at work in my spare time. Wow.....Nelson, Peter, and Patryk you guys are trail blazers for us e60 folks. Amazing work for sure. I recently took my car in for service and got a 2011 loaner and now I want the new CIC!!!! So bad I was temped just to buy an F-10 just to have it, but now there is hope.

I spoke with my SA at my local dealership concerning upgrading my car software if necessary, and they are enthused about this project and are willing to work with me on this modification.

Anyway, I am excited...Ill be contacting Patryk via email to discuss options, costs, and questions, but thanks you guys for being our guinea pigs and for providing so much detail in the retrofit here in this thread.

Happy Holidays All!!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Members

Hi Guys, been reading and talking to Patryk I'm also getting close to doing this mod. Have a 08-535xi with CCC wanting to go the CiC route. I have a few issues to deal with before beginning. Hope you all can assist when i get going as this will be my first mod never done anything with a car ( and it had to be on a bimmer at that). Congrats to all that have had success hoping to join the group soon.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by roadrunner1
Hi Guys, been reading and talking to Patryk I'm also getting close to doing this mod. Have a 08-535xi with CCC wanting to go the CiC route. I have a few issues to deal with before beginning. Hope you all can assist when i get going as this will be my first mod never done anything with a car ( and it had to be on a bimmer at that). Congrats to all that have had success hoping to join the group soon.
I am looking forward to this mod myself and have been communicating with Patryk as well. However I am still on the fence of maybe just buying a new car, so we'll see how it goes. Keep us posted on your progress.

I do have one question, my car is well out of warranty, but I would assume yours being an 08 you still are under new car warranty. Are you not worried that this type of car may void your warranty somehow??
Old 01-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Members

IceyTys, warranty is a consideration that i have been fighting with. I even have extended warranty. When it's time for updates i would have to switch units back to CCC. Not sure if the mod will effect my warrant it is something i need to clarify with my service advisor. I'm sure it will be affected or they will say it well be affected. I may have to put this mod on ice for a bit if that is the case.

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG