E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC Retrofit Installation LOG

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 06:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Patryk, that is awesome news and the pic looks great. It seems that we may be missing the trim around the controller which is probably masking the cavity that is cut to accommodate the assembly. Looks like the car is a standard E60 and not M5. Would you mind sharing which member did this and maybe point him towards this thread so he can provide info on how he cut the hole etc and whether or not he created the trim piece himself or was able to order from BMW directly?

Thanks for the update!
I will update you on this in a few days, but I will be offering this only to my exsiting and future customers who purchased the CIC retrofit kits from me.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

I will update you on this in a few days, but I will be offering this only to my exsiting and future customers who purchased the CIC retrofit kits from me.
Sounds like a great offer to me. Thanks Patryk. I look forward to your follow-up.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Awesome, looking forward to the details Patryk.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 M5 w/ all options

Me too!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Contributors

Hey Peter,
Did you have time to do the LCI climate control mod as yet? A program update to the CIC may be needed so I'm hanging on until Nelson gets done with my OBDC cable. No hurry on this one, but it would be nice to confirm that the mod works. The menu option on my CIC is very limited in terms of climate functions and I'm hoping for added functionality once the LCI climate control is installed. I believe I read somewhere that just by adjusting temp. via the climate knobs results in the CIC screen reverting to the climate menu also.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Members

Not yet Nigel.

Work has been hell lately trying to get ready to launch an application my group has been working on over the last 18 months. And I'm busy erecting a 1100 ft fence at home since my neighboor charged me with a summons for "dangerous dog", so I need to get this fence up before my court date. My beautiful M5 is all dirty and covered with bugs splats that have accumulated over the last several weeks...

But once things let up at home or at work, whichever comes first, I'll rewire my LCI climate control. I can confirm that the CIC display does switch to show the climate settings when you play with the controls. Way cool.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Contributors

Peter,
Sounds like you have a lot going on right now. I hope your 1,100 ft fence is in linear feet and not height or else you have a heck of a job on your hands. Things are hectic on this side of the border also. I've got a new baby due any day now and I'm not gonna have time for much else once that happens. I'm knee deep in impending sound system mods for my E60 also, not to mention another Canadian winter is fast approaching.

Let's see who gets to this first. I'm sure we'll post about it. Nelson is in the process of getting a LCI Climate control module also, so we should hear from him too.

Cheers, and good luck with the fence and app launch at the office.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:17 AM
Members

Thanks Nigel. Congrats on the baby on the way! My wife is 3 months pregnant w/ our first, so I still have time to get all my mods done!

I might actually have some time this weekend to rewire the LCI climate control, we'll see.

Peter
Old 09-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Hi Guys ,

I was able to install and code the lci climate control panel earlier today with Patryk ,

I also got the digital cluster, remote windows opening/closing and traffi info for the CIC
Old 09-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nelson29
Hi Guys ,

I was able to install and code the lci climate control panel earlier today with Patryk ,

I also got the digital cluster, remote windows opening/closing and traffi info for the CIC

How hard was it to wire, and could you reverse it easily if you needed to put the old CCC back in for reprograming? I'd love to pick one of these up and do it when I do my CiC in a week or two.

Also Digital Cluster?

Quick Reply: CIC Retrofit Installation LOG